"Overjoyed" Harry and Meghan expecting second child

webfact

"Overjoyed" Harry and Meghan expecting second child

2021-02-14T211050Z_1_LYNXMPEH1D0M8_RTROPTP_4_BRITAIN-ROYALS-BABY.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Britain's Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex holding their son Archie, meet Archbishop Desmond Tutu (not pictured) at the Desmond & Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation in Cape Town, South Africa, September 25, 2019. REUTERS/Toby Melville/File Photo

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, are expecting their second child, a spokesperson for the couple said on Sunday.

Harry, 36, and Meghan, 39, stepped back from royal duties in January 2020 and moved with their first son Archie to Southern California to live a more independent life and escape the British media.

"We can confirm that Archie is going to be a big brother. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are overjoyed to be expecting their second child," the spokesperson said.

Archie was born in May 2019.

The Valentine's Day announcement was accompanied by a black and white photograph of a visibly pregnant Meghan lying on grass with one hand on her stomach and her head resting on the smiling prince's leg. The photo was taken by longtime friend and photographer Misan Harriman.

Queen Elizabeth and her husband Prince Philip, Harry's father Prince Charles and the whole family were "delighted" and wished the couple well, a Buckingham Palace spokesman said.

Since ending their royal duties, Harry and Meghan have continued charity work and signed TV and other media deals, launching their debut podcast in December.

Last year, Meghan revealed that she had a miscarriage in July, in an extraordinarily personal disclosure coming from a high-profile British royal.

The couple married in a glittering ceremony in 2018 that captured the world's attention but later gave up their official royal roles following disagreements with other family members and in the face of huge media attention.

Their relationship with the British press swiftly soured and the couple have launched legal cases against several newspapers.

Last week Meghan won a privacy claim against Associated Newspapers after its Mail on Sunday paper had printed extracts of a letter she wrote to her father in August 2018.

(Reporting by Kanishka Singh in Bengaluru, Michael Holden and William James in London; Editing by Alexander Smith, Emelia Sithole-Matarise and Diane Craft)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-02-15

Just now, KarenBravo said:

He will live to regret marrying that woman.........

I think she is exactly right for him.  Good that he has escaped that weird lot in the Royal Family and can now make a mint with his rather tasty American 'influencer'.  Good on him. his Mother would be proud. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Why would you say that

She's a successful woman who has make a great career for herself from humble roots, and who happens to have been attractive to a member of the British Royal family.

Breath of fresh air if you ask me

I'm not royalty and I find her attractive. Personality-wise maybe less so, but hard to say with all the media buzz. I think most people (men and women alike) would find it hard to make the adjustment fitting into his family and all it implies. At least she gave it a shot, and wasn't too afraid pulling out when it didn't work out. Can say things could have been handled in a nicer manner, but who knows? Takes walking a mile in her shoes, and no way I can fit in these.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 10:24 PM, webfact said:

Harry, 36, and Meghan, 39, stepped back from royal duties in January 2020 and moved with their first son Archie to Southern California to live a more independent life and escape the British media.

Yet they publicly announce her pregnancy and schedule an interview with Oprah Winfrey!

Escape the media, unless they want to garner some publicity.

Prince Harry was a hero who could have used his position to avoid serving on the front line. Yet on his own insistence he did two tours in Afghanistan without receiving any special treatment or protection. "There's no way I'm going to put myself through Sandhurst and then sit on my <deleted> back home while my boys are out fighting for their country."

His involvement in the Invictus Games and other work on behalf of disabled servicemen only increased his reputation. 

But how things have changed. He and his wife no longer want to carry out any royal duties, yet bitterly complain when the Queen says she'll remove their royal patronages! Harry ‘upset’ as Queen ‘backs royal patronage removal’ after Oprah interview. They don't want any media exposure; except when it suits them.

His mother must be spinning in her grave.