Thailand reports 143 new COVID-19 cases, 2 more deaths

webfact

9 hours ago, welshguy said:

No I read those threads...

So why bother testing more if they are waiting for herd immunity as you say?!

Now they are doing antibody tests to see if they have reached herd immunity to let them go free.Again it's cheaper than vaccinating them.No use having slaves if they cost to much and eat into one's profit margin. 

Just to let the TV community know. I got an email from Prayuth about the current outbreak, he told me, and I quote "Everything is super duper under control x 10".

I hope this helps reassure everyone.

Edited by longway
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

What claims have I made?

Here's a few.

"Surely you understand that ALL passengers are quarantined on arrival."

"Because Covid would spread exponentially as in other countries and hospitals would soon be be overflowing and elderly death rates would be soaring. Also  Thai and social media would be reporting it widely. It would be impossible to hide."

9 minutes ago, longway said:

Just to let the TV community know. I got an email from Prayuth about the current outbreak, he told me, and I quote "Everything is super duper under control x 10".

I hope this helps reassure everyone.

That goes a "longway" to reassuring my concerns.Thanks for taking the trouble,I was getting a little worried there for a second.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, rabas said:

-- One boy tested positive.  He was hospitalized and quarantined.

-- They traced and tested all his contacts. (Sheryl was correct).

-- In spite of all testing negative, all 14 were isolated.

-- Two communities are under control with 5 checkpoints screening all people in and out.

-- This is an isolated case, only the 11th in Nakhon Ratchasima since December.

At odds with claims Thailand is swamped by rampant unseen covid because of doing nothing.

You think the boy infected himself with COVID? The fact that COVID cases are found in various unrelated places indicates that there much more going around than reported. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, longway said:

You think the boy infected himself with COVID? The fact that COVID cases are found in various unrelated places indicates that there much more going around than reported. 

Google the article. They said he contracted covid while travelling with his family to a high risk zone.

Lol, bet you never thought of that possibility!

A pandemic must follow logic, a person is infected from a contact, it spreads. There can't be vast seas of unseen infected people, especially with wide spread monitoring and tracing.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, rabas said:

Google the article. They said he contracted covid while travelling with his family to a high risk zone.

Lol, bet you never thought of that possibility!

A pandemic must follow logic, a person is infected from a contact. There can't be vast seas of unseen infected people, especially with wide spread monitoring and tracing.

What is a high risk zone? Amazing only he caught covid from it.

Covid is a rare disease, you need to do widespread pcr to track it, as there is only a narrow window to find the active disease. What they should do is do large scale antibody testing and see how far it has spread already.

Monitoring only works if people are displaying symptoms. The whole point is that for some reason the effects of covid are far milder in some parts of the world than others, and it behooves to find out it. thats the possibility you have not thought of, and not do pirouettes around the fantasy that covid under control.

Throughout se asia and east asia there have been few deaths. If you want to believe that it is bc all these countries are covid free, then thats up to you. 

Thailand is up there with Nk with covid totally under control.

There is no logic in the idea that thailand, with its leaky borders and incompetent and corrupt goverance is largely covid free given its close ties with china. The point i made, these cases spring up randomly all over the country can only occur is there is more covid than if officially admitted.

Edited by longway

On 2/16/2021 at 11:34 AM, FarFlungFalang said:

Here's a few.

"Surely you understand that ALL passengers are quarantined on arrival."

"Because Covid would spread exponentially as in other countries and hospitals would soon be be overflowing and elderly death rates would be soaring. Also  Thai and social media would be reporting it widely. It would be impossible to hide."

1) Jeez! That all air passengers are quarantined on arrival is common knowledge!

2) I am not posting this as fact, which needs referencing, but as my opinion based on international scientific  opinion and numerous reports, on international TV news channels with film footage  of dead and dying in struggling overrun hospitals in many countries, and also personal first hand blogs  and footage revealing such conditions in countries that have tried to cover it up. Again, for anyone who has followed what is going on internationally throughout the pandemic, this would be common knowledge.

PS: A few is more than 2.

5 hours ago, SunsetT said:

1) Jeez! That all air passengers are quarantined on arrival is common knowledge!

2) I am not posting this as fact, which needs referencing, but as my opinion based on international scientific  opinion and numerous reports, on international TV news channels with film footage  of dead and dying in struggling overrun hospitals in many countries, and also personal first hand blogs  and footage revealing such conditions in countries that have tried to cover it up. Again, for anyone who has followed what is going on internationally throughout the pandemic, this would be common knowledge.

PS: A few is more than 2.

Firstly you originally complained people were not backing their claims with links to verify such claims.I'm not not disputing the claims you've made merely giving you examples of claims without links to verify them as you requested.

Secondly the number of claims according to me are as follows

1."Surely you understand that ALL passengers are quarantined on arrival."

2.Because Covid would spread exponentially as in other countries and hospitals would soon be be overflowing 

3.elderly death rates would be soaring

4.Also  Thai and social media would be reporting it widely

5.It would be impossible to hide.

Five is more than two and can be regarded as a few.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1