Confused over new Visa categories

https://thaievisa.go.th/applyindividual

I am applying for a visa for myself and children. My children will be getting education visa, and i usually apply for the O visa visiting family and friends category.

This however has changed. And now the category i can see closest to what i am applying for is under the TOURIST VISA CATEGORY - visiting or staying with family resided in Thailand (less than 60 days) - is this the correct category ? 

Furthermore as it's under the banner of 'tourist visa' is this easy to extend whilst in Thailand ? 

Any help would be appreciated ! 

31 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

and i usually apply for the O visa visiting family and friends category.

When was last time that you obtained visa based on "visiting and friends"?

As I understand it that was on option in my country (Oz)  many years back but was removed from options.

The 60 day tourist visa to visit family or friends is a option offered by the London embassy.

You your children will be applying for non-ed visas you can apply for one based upon being their parent.

Non-Immigrant Type O (Visiting or staying with applicant's family resided in Thailand (more than 60 days) - single entry only)

Proof of relationship to a family in Thailand, e.g. a copy of marriage certificate / birth certificate / certificate of adoption

Personal details of a family in Thailand, e.g. ID card, Passport and the visa page or stay permit in Thailand

Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand

Financial evidence e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, proof of sponsorship from a third party

Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland

Source: https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

Info for the non-ed visas are on the same webpage.

Went on the e visa site on the page you linked and selected.

image.png.cf3f562370e03e3f49a9d556730192e2.png

The found this.

image.png.269233a41de38929bdeb1fad538f04c5.png

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

When was last time that you obtained visa based on "visiting and friends"?

As I understand it that was on option in my country (Oz)  many years back but was removed from options.

He will be visiting family not friends.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 60 day tourist visa to visit family or friends is a option offered by the London embassy.

You your children will be applying for non-ed visas you can apply for one based upon being their parent.

Non-Immigrant Type O (Visiting or staying with applicant's family resided in Thailand (more than 60 days) - single entry only)

Proof of relationship to a family in Thailand, e.g. a copy of marriage certificate / birth certificate / certificate of adoption

Personal details of a family in Thailand, e.g. ID card, Passport and the visa page or stay permit in Thailand

Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand

Financial evidence e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, proof of sponsorship from a third party

Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland

Source: https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/84508-non-immigrant-visas?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

Info for the non-ed visas are on the same webpage.

Went on the e visa site on the page you linked and selected.

image.png.cf3f562370e03e3f49a9d556730192e2.png

The found this.

image.png.269233a41de38929bdeb1fad538f04c5.png

Thanks !

Archived