How am I supposed to give the money order for special tourist visa (STV) application given that application is online?

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/12/10/stv/ states that one of the requirements for the special tourist visa application is:

2.11 Self-addressed return envelope and visa fee (Money order – $80 for single entry only)  if the applicant doesn’t have a valid visa

However, the special tourist visa application is done online via https://thaiembdc.org/onlinevisaapplication/. So when/how am I supposed to give the money order?

Read para 2.  "submit the following documents through mail".

2. The Royal Thai Embassy / Consulates-General will review the application and will send an email requesting the applicant to submit the following required documents through mail to the Royal Thai Embassy (ATTN: Visa Section) or Royal Thai Consulate-General in Los Angeles, Chicago, or New York:

5 hours ago, user70 said:

Thanks, I had totally missed it indeed. Increasingly tempted to forget about the visa and just do the visa exemption…

That depends on the purpose of your visit and intended duration of stay.

STV = 90 days + 90 days + 90 days = 270 days.

VE = 45 days + 30 day extension = 75 days 

If you intend to stay longer you'd need to apply for the Non O (90 days), then a 1 year extension based on retirement, both of which require funds or income transferred into a Thai bank account.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

VE = 45 days + 30 day extension = 75 days 

True but we can get more than one visa exemption per year with visa runs, and it may happen that the Thai authorities decide to make 30-day extension longer due to covid (and the fact that the Thai economy is in a major regression due to the lack of foreigners). So at that point with my painful experience trying to apply for the STV (cost: >1k USD; time spent: >4 days), I recommend people to instead simply use the visa exemption.

7 hours ago, user70 said:

Thanks, I had totally missed it indeed. Increasingly tempted to forget about the visa and just do the visa exemption…

FWIW, If I was trying to enter Thailand I would come visa exempt. There are MANY folk here obtaining the 60day covid extensions. Yes currently only to be issued till end of March. That almost certainly will be extended.

Even if I was married to Thai and able to obtain non O in my own country I would still skip that option and enter visa exempt. After which could obtain non o (marriage or retirement) at Thai immigration. Easy peasy.

As for STV wouldn't touch it.

51 minutes ago, user70 said:

True but we can get more than one visa exemption per year with visa runs, and it may happen that the Thai authorities decide to make 30-day extension longer due to covid (and the fact that the Thai economy is in a major regression due to the lack of foreigners). So at that point with my painful experience trying to apply for the STV (cost: >1k USD; time spent: >4 days), I recommend people to instead simply use the visa exemption.

Borders are closed and in my opinion will remain so for several months yet, so the option of doing a border run to obtain a new VE entry is out.

There is no guarantee how long Immigration will continue to issue extensions based on Covid. Flights to almost all destinations are now available, so I wouldn't rely on that for extending your stay.

Entering VE you need to provide a flight ticket out within 45 days.

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Even if I was married to Thai and able to obtain non O in my own country I would still skip that option and enter visa exempt. After which could obtain non o (marriage or retirement) at Thai immigration. Easy peasy.

That requires a Thai bank account and transfers or a deposit to that account.

Many 'tourists' don't want to have funds/transfers into a Thai bank.

It would help immensely if the OP stated how long he intends to stay, then look at his best options.

Unfortunately you can't always have your cake and eat it.

20 minutes ago, user70 said:

can the 60day covid extensions be obtained just once, or several times?

Yes it can until they are not longer available. The current order allows them ends on March 30th but it will be probably be extended for the 3rd time for 2 months.

25 minutes ago, user70 said:

that takes 30 sec, refundable ticket. Indeed visa run = new quarantine.

Easier to have a return flight within 45 days, but allows for free change of dates as many currently offer.

You still haven't stated how long you plan to visit for.

9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

allows for free change of dates as many currently offer.

From my understanding, the free change often mayonly happen until some pre-determined date that depends on the airline. E.g., 

Cancellation policies:

1. https://www.qatarairways.com/en/travel-with-confidence.html  You can change your travel date and destination within the same booking class, as often as you need with no fees. (Fare difference will apply) + You also have the option to refund the unutilised value of your ticket to the original form of payment with no penalties or refund fees.

2. https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/covid-update.html  For all other destinations, change fees are waived through March 31, 2021.

3. https://booking.evaair.com/flyeva/EVA/B2C/modifyflight.aspx canceling is not free

4. JAL https://www.jal.co.jp/jp/en/info/2020/inter/200127_02/?inbound=ar date change is available once free of charge. Period of alternative flight: On/before July 10, 2021

On that note, does anyone know whether one can cancel just the return trip with qatarairways?

9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

You still haven't stated how long you plan to visit for.

90 days, likely 120 days, I don't know afterward. I don't even know where I'll be flying next.

I doubt very much any airline offers free cancellation, change of date yes. When you open the airline websites and proceed to booking , you’ll get the options Economy, Business and First with all the options for each class.

Don’t count on doing visa runs if you’re traveling shortly. Borders should be closed for a good few months yet. 

Archived