Pattaya: All change! High Speed Train station likely to move OUT OF PATTAYA!

webfact

the interconnection should be close to pattaya city and along

the most populated area on the dark side for more passengers that can find monorail useful, like opposite pattaya klang.

it should hopefully also have in mind

potential extension of monorail running a ring between beach rd 3rd rd pattaya nua and perhaps even include jomtien

Edited by scammed
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Ban Huay Kwang in the Huay Yai/ Na Jomtien area.

This area does not surprise me, it is where the motorway 7 spur from Sukhumvit Ban Amphur to the Motorway is, lots of development happening in that area now and plenty of still empty land available, Sukhumvit is being widened from there to Pattaya as well.

• Like 1

further studies and plans and more budget being used. 

The new mall and retail area/condos etc near the station have already been planned by the people who influence the HST budget.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

There are suggestions this will ease traffic and environmental problems.

55 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

So moving it out of the city to somewhere where people will then have to travel back into the city will ease traffic......am I missing something?

Yes it would appear you are missing something. Like the bit about linking the monorail to the station.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

The new mall and retail area/condos etc near the station have already been planned by the people who influence the HST budget.

I think Icon Siam who are already developing a supermall at the potential new location Ban Huay Kwang in the Huay Yai/ Na Jomtien area, may also have a considerable influence to swing it their way!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

Previous reports have suggested that the train might reach speeds well in excess of 200 kmph. 

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

What's the point if it has to keep stopping .

You don't have to be a mathematical genius to work out that the faster a train travels, the shorter its end-to-end journey time is. Which means they can get more trips per day out of each train. There are clearly a number of potential advantages to that.

I've travelled on the Zhuhai-Guangzhou high speed commuter line a few times which is very similar to this proposed line and it's an amazing service.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Surelynot said:
13 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Yes it would appear you are missing something. Like the bit about linking the monorail to the station.

10 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Taxi......

How do taxis ease traffic and environmental problems?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

How do taxis ease traffic and environmental problems?

They don't, but that is what a lot of people will do......have you ever travelled with four kids, a nagging wife and enough luggage to cover a 6 month holiday?

The last thing you want to do is lump all that lot onto a monorail and then still have to catch a taxi at the other end .....people want to go straight to their hotel....taxi......

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

They don't, but that is what a lot of people will do......have you ever travelled with four kids, a nagging wife and enough luggage to cover a 6 month holiday?

The last thing you want to do is lump all that lot onto a monorail and then still have to catch a taxi at the other end catch a monorail.....people want to go straight to their hotel....taxi......

I'm pretty sure that ''four kids, a nagging wife and enough luggage to cover a 6 month holiday'' will be the exception rather than the rule.

From what I read, this proposed line is as much about business along the EEC as it is about holiday travelers.

There is no concept of planning or common sense is there?

How is it so many other airports are able to arrange a proper train link? Other cities  have it right- Heathrow, Shanghai, Chicago, Toronto, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, and Haneda have easy public transit links right in the airport terminal that take one quickly into the city. I marvel at the ease and affordability of the Chicago O'Hare public transit link and have been into the city within 30 minutes during rush hour. Haneda is a joy.  And then there is Thailand. What a disappointment if the intent is to offer efficient and fast connection from the airport.

I do not want to be dumped  on the fringe of the city where I will be ripped off by the usual taxi mobsters. They made a mess of the BKK airport link and one would have hoped that they could get it right 10 years later for this  project.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I'm pretty sure that ''four kids, a nagging wife and enough luggage to cover a 6 month holiday'' will be the exception rather than the rule.

From what I read, this proposed line is as much about business along the EEC as it is about holiday travelers.

Okay....... two kids and a nagging wife.....Pattaya, don't forget is going to become the Miami of SE Asia and the holiday hot spot for high end tourists......high end tourists don't decamp to monorails.

Edited by Surelynot

15 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Pattaya, don't forget is the going to become the Miami of SE Asia and the holiday hot spot for high end tourists.

Ah yes. Now that's the bit I laugh at. ????

Have a good day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

high end tourists don't decamp to monorails.

Nor do they forego their limo from aiport to hotel door for farting about with luggage on a train.

Edited by Salerno
  • Haha 2