Travel to Thailand

Has anyone traveled from the USA to Thailand recently? I would like to be repatriated with my wife but I'm not exactly sure what this Venture will require. I have been vaccinated, but I'm just beginning to gather all the information necessary to see the viability of this Trip.

OP..,.google something like "COE requirements thaivisa"

You will see NUMEROUS threads with wealth of information.

You can do the same with eg "quarantine experience thaivisa" etc 

You will have complete overview.

BTW the being vaccinated at present time means nothing. 

You also could look into entering with non O (marriage). Think usa are currently doing them or simply enter visa exempt and obtain non O at immigration in Thailand.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

I'll be right behind you once they drop insurance and the 2 week quarantine.....(fingers crossed)..way too many hoops for me now...and nothing is guaranteed...

They are thinking 21 day Quarantine, Now  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Marknreston said:

Everything is spelled out in Thai embassy web site.   

Basically throw away reply from you.

For example....even though married (presumably to Thai) entering Thailand on a non O (marriage) is ONE option.

Could avoid all the red tape (and some insurance) by entering visa exempt, then obtain non O at immigration.

You won't get that type of advice from "Thai web site". You will read requirements. That's it.

As someone said, there must be 5 other plus threads on this subject. I”m a American expat who did the process last month. Seems like most American expats are terrified on the ASQ. Again, it is 2 weeks of your life . During the ASQ learn Thai, or another language, do online courses, and etc. After the 7th day you can  leave your room for at least 2 hours a day. As for the cost and time  cost around 2500 USD or less for flight, insurance, Covid test, and ASQ, and takes less than 40 minutes to apply for the COE

Hi Rayfish... I just made the flight back and I'm  in day 12 of my quarantine.  I used what they refer to as a "semi-commercial" flight from Tampa Florida thru DFW thru Incheon Korea, then on to Bangkok.  I departed on 4 February and arrived at 11 pm on the 5th. Like you I had the vaccine on 7 January and 1 February... it made no difference.  Once i arrived in BKK the process was smooth and very fast.  They checked all of my paperwork and I had my bags and was out of Customs and in the Hotel Van within 45 minutes. I used the Washington DC Consulate.  They were for the most part helpful.  You need to complete the online application for your Certificate of Entry.  Which serves as the app for both the COE and your Visa, but once approved for the COE you must send in your hard copies for the actual Visa.  You'll need  to select and acquire your Alternate Site Quarantine (ASQ) Hotel (quite expensive) reservation and there's a list showing prices.  I went the cheap route: 32,000 Baht... no microwave, no window at the Qiu Hotel.  The food has been good, you can buy from 7-11 for a10% surcharge.  I'm ok with my choice of the ASQ Hotel.  So you need to get your insurance, Fit to Fly Letter from a doctor, & Covid-19 Test within 72 hours of the flight.  If you have any questions just let me know.  If you have "Line" my Line ID is: timd2019

Left ANC on the 10th, now ASQ.  What u want to know?

Fit to Fly?

I used Doctor Donna in BKK. 400 bht,  Inexpensive, fast and very professional.  Was in INC doing doc check when several pax did not have FTF certificate.  Their Doctor gave then something title "cleared to fly" or "medical certificate".   It was not accepted by the document checkers in ICN.  They had two hours before ICN BKK flight.   I gave them Dr Donna's contact info and within 45 minutes of contacting her office in BKK, they had the magical FTF certificate emailed to them and made the ICN BKK flight.

Anybody leaving from Seattle?  Can do RT PCR in airport for $176.  Did the swab at 07:00 and had results at 21:44.  Register at DHMD.  Then upload to Dr Donna's web site for FTF.

Sure there are many other facilities doing the same, however, this work great for KSEA departure and in total was less than$200.

Edited by Skypirate
dropped my bagel
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Basically throw away reply from you.

For example....even though married (presumably to Thai) entering Thailand on a non O (marriage) is ONE option.

Could avoid all the red tape (and some insurance) by entering visa exempt, then obtain non O at immigration.

You won't get that type of advice from "Thai web site". You will read requirements. That's it.

Not that much red tape to get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai at about any embassy or official consulate. IMO much better than dealing with immigration to get the non-o visa which requires two trips and etc. Also it might require applying for a 30 day extension to meet the 15 day (21 at some offices) remaining on a entry to do it.

I already posted a link for the embassy website in earlier and if you open it you will see it not that bad. Apply for the non-o online get approval and mail the passport to immigration.

On 2/17/2021 at 5:54 AM, Skypirate said:

Left ANC on the 10th, now ASQ.  What u want to know?

Fit to Fly?

I used Doctor Donna in BKK. 400 bht,  Inexpensive, fast and very professional.  Was in INC doing doc check when several pax did not have FTF certificate.  Their Doctor gave then something title "cleared to fly" or "medical certificate".   It was not accepted by the document checkers in ICN.  They had two hours before ICN BKK flight.   I gave them Dr Donna's contact info and within 45 minutes of contacting her office in BKK, they had the magical FTF certificate emailed to them and made the ICN BKK flight.

Anybody leaving from Seattle?  Can do RT PCR in airport for $176.  Did the swab at 07:00 and had results at 21:44.  Register at DHMD.  Then upload to Dr Donna's web site for FTF.

Sure there are many other facilities doing the same, however, this work great for KSEA departure and in total was less than$200.

Can you please clarify about Dr Donna? What is the web site? Did you use a doctor in Thailand for a Fit to Fly certificate in another country? So this Dr Donna did not visit you in person?
So you printed Dr Donna certificate (with no signature, no stamps) and it was accepted at Check-In?
I am asking because I am in Dubai, traveling to Thailand, and here in Dubai I have not found yet a doctor that knows the correct template for the Fit-To-Fly certificate required by Thailand.

8 minutes ago, Gavi said:

Can you please clarify about Dr Donna? What is the web site? Did you use a doctor in Thailand for a Fit to Fly certificate in another country? So this Dr Donna did not visit you in person?

Video consultation, FTF emailed to you to print out, she's a Bangkok based Brit, people all over the world have used her with no issues.

dr_donna.jpg.761881795e25b04713e854037f69ef80.jpg

• Like 1