Has SCB bank returned to CW?

When I went for Ret Ext last year at CW, I was shocked to find that every bank was downstairs except "mine" (SCB) which had lost their lease or somethg. We ended up running for a cab to get to the nearest SCB in Chulabhorn Hospital. It was unexpected, especially as one is now given a slot eg. 09.45 (which we missed).

Can anyone advise whether SCB has returned to CW or predict that it will this year?

Is it possible to get the bank letter 24 hours before the ascribed date/time or anyone have a suggestion (apart from changing to another bank)?

Thks

Eddy

It is has been closed permanently as far as I know.

Immigration will accept a letter from the bank done the day before but you will need copies of your updated bank book on the day you apply.

From reports done by those going to CW there is a SCB branch at big C near there.

OP, your bank letter previous day would be ok at CW. 

My experience is that they wish to see "activity on the day of application".

That does not mean just an update. Small deposit/withdrawal is required.

If it's an extension based on retirement you can make an appointment. Works brilliant.

There is branch not too far. Personally I would obtain letter and deposit on the day. Not difficult.

Nearest branch is by the Big C. Also beware if you are using 800k proof of in bang funds is mandatory 2 months prior and three months after your retirement visa is granted. If you slip by even a little, you will be find. Also some kind same day proof is always required.

2 minutes ago, pmarlowe said:

Nearest branch is by the Big C. Also beware if you are using 800k proof of in bang funds is mandatory 2 months prior and three months after your retirement visa is granted. If you slip by even a little, you will be find. Also some kind same day proof is always required.

If you go below the required funds you don't get fined. Your application would be refused. 

The same day proof your referring to is "activity" on day of application. Meaning small deposit/withdrawal

7 minutes ago, pmarlowe said:

correct, you won't get fined but you may be able to pay to get "un refused"

You could use an agent to get around money in bank requirement to obtain a 12 month extension of stay (note it's not a visa)

That would cost ~16k baht.

24 minutes ago, Anant72 said:

If your money is on a fixed account, which is my case, they do not seem to require same day activity. At least this is my experience.

Which immigration office. 

I also have an FD account and deal with CW.

The problem with activity for FD account is that (with my bank) the minimum deposit is 1000b. I always do that. The point is that folk often state that certain things are required as fact when actually it was not required. In my example just because I make a deposit to show activity does not mean it's 100% required. 

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office. 

I also have an FD account and deal with CW.

The problem with activity for FD account is that (with my bank) the minimum deposit is 1000b. I always do that. The point is that folk often state that certain things are required as fact when actually it was not required. In my example just because I make a deposit to show activity does not mean it's 100% required. 

At CW. The only near problem I had last year (for the first time) was the fact that my name on my passport and on my bank book was not exactly the same. The latter did not include two first names (given to me at birth as per the French tradition) which are never used. I had my bank (SCB) issue a new bank book with the two names added but I will bring both along just in case when I go to CW for my next extension. 
Have some Thaivisa members been told to make a deposit on his/her fixed account by an IMO at CW?

18 minutes ago, Anant72 said:

Have some Thaivisa members been told to make a deposit on his/her fixed account by an IMO at CW?

My first ever extension retirement years ago I had my Thai partner with me. I obtained bank letter previous day. I had all pages of my bankbook etc. Thought I had it covered. The io was a nice enough fella but insisted my partner go downstairs and make deposit/withdrawal. 

Ever since I obtain my letter on day of application and make a deposit. In recent years I have a FD a/c. I still make a deposit. Minimum is 1000baht

I have read reports re CW from folk stating the activity is not required. That's fine. I just do what works for me for last several years. Zero issues. No that CW has appointment system I just book for say 10am and do the banking stuff prior. Takes no time.

18 minutes ago, hapark said:

Can bank letter be obtained on the spot from these CW branches on day of visit to CW or does the letter have to be from your home branch?

Yes it can be done. There is no requirement for it to be from your home branch.

Archived