Over 2,000 killed and 130,000 injured on Thailand’s roads in 2021

webfact

4 hours ago, smiggley said:

A lot of people buy new cars without a drivers licience so shouldn't that be addressed. I personally am partially color blind but that doesn't affect my driving, I still know what sequence the lights change and I have been driving for 45 years without an accident.

It cannot be down to the person who buys the car.

I bought a car for my wife.

People buy cars for their kids.

It is the insurance companies that should ask to see the licences of the drivers.

• Like 2

when you see 10 kids on a motorbike not wearing a helmet, do you yell "Get off, you might die!!!! I'm saving your life!!!"

no.  we smile and maybe take a picture.

oh farang....... you have the potential to help the world!!!!  lol.   nah..... drink some beer

• Confused 1
  • Sad 9

43 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

when you see 10 kids on a motorbike not wearing a helmet, do you yell "Get off, you might die!!!! I'm saving your life!!!"

oh farang....... you have the potential to help the world!!!!  lol.   nah..... drink some beer

Don’t engage in ethnocentrism if you can. It’s ugly and makes you look like a fool to the locals. Your culture isn’t “better” than theirs. Regardless of 10 people on a scooter. It’s their way of life...leave them to it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

When is the vaccin against nutty driving ready to be distributed in Thailand? 

Yes, beer and lao khao obviously are'nt working! But then again, nobody seems overly concerned! The carnage continues unabated!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, smiggley said:

A lot of people buy new cars without a drivers licience so shouldn't that be addressed. I personally am partially color blind but that doesn't affect my driving, I still know what sequence the lights change and I have been driving for 45 years without an accident.

Some drivers go without an accident but cause many 

• Like 1

The simple solution the problem needs to be taken away from the Thais especially the Thai Collaboration and DLT.  These people mean well put in charge but year after year they are more of the problem because you can't teach what you haven't been taught the reason year after year the silly ideas that makes no sense.

Organization like W.H.O should stop giving money each year to fix the problem yet the problem gets worse you can fix something by putting signs up and painting the floor.

Can't find a comparison to past years? Better? Worse?

Really need a sound basis for statistics, like per millions of Km driven.

63 motorcycle death toll
5 car casualties
Unknown car type 1 dead

91 % involve motorcycles, so attention should be focused there, stating the obvious.

5 foreigner deaths (children (not more than 15 years) - persons, 5 adults)

Would like some detail here? Breakout by country of origin. My best guess would be mostly migrant workers from nearby countries?

Definitely a MAJOR public health issue which I'm sure the Deputy PM/ Minister of PH is on top of.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Its not strangers farang or otherwise who should be doing something, its the kids parents!!

The numbers of deaths reported is basically meaningless . Perhaps two separate numbers, those who died on scene and those who died in transit to or in hospital as a result of the accident.  Medical certificates to obtain/renew a driving license or to purchase a new vehicle are also of little value.  The ONLY thing that will ever stop carnage on Thailand's roads is police patrols on the roads stopping motorists driving dangerously before they cause or are in an accident.  Cameras may catch speeders and add to the coffers but do nothing to stop other forms of dangerous driving.  Many also learn to operate a motor vehicle being taught by friends or family members who are themselves dangerous drivers.  Start in ALL schools at about age 10-12 with some serious training to include the laws and why there are laws, what to do when a tire blows, brakes fail, driving through water and many other possibilities.  Prior to getting a license there should be 'on the road' training for several hours with a QUALIFIED teacher. 

• Like 2