TU's Medical Student Tests Positive for Covid-19

webfact

TU's Medical Student Tests Positive for Covid-19

tu.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 16 (TNA) - A medical student of Thammasat University, Rangsit campus tested positive for Covid- 19.

According to an initial investigation, it is believed that he contracted the virus from a patient.

Orapan Poachanukoon MD, Vice Rector for Student Affairs said the student infected with coronavirus was a fourth-year student and he was admitted to Thammasat Chalermkiat Hospital. Forty-seven people close to the student were tested and all tested negative for Covid-19. They have been put under 14-day quarantine at the facilities provided by the university and their daily symptoms are being monitored via TU Covid application.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-638095

tnalogo.jpg

14 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

Correct, you cannot have these single infections cropping up at at random without a source, one here, one there, they must have been infected by someone originally and must have infected others.

That is what 'track and trace' is all about and it's been very affective so far, so stop worrying.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Moonlover said:

That is what 'track and trace' is all about and it's been very affective so far, so stop worrying.

Track and trace only works where it's being applied.... come to my neck of the woods it's almost zero.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Track and trace only works where it's being applied.... come to my neck of the woods it's almost zero.

Yes indeed, for reference, no such apps here in Cambodia (yet) as not required - our latest figures (17 February 2021):-

image.png.80b3faddeb98414ee10790e1c74a53aa.pngCambodia
Total cases  

Recovered    

Deaths

18 hours ago, Moonlover said:

There is no track and trace going on in my 'neck of the wood's' (Sakon Nakhon) either. The simple reason being there are no cases, therefor there is nothing to follow up on. 

You don't say where your 'neck of the wood's' is therefor I can't make any further comment.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Thanks 1