MS Office costs

toast1

Interesting. I only attempted to buy a dodgy version of Office once, in Pantip Plaza, it had more viruses than the VD department of Bumbingrad Hospital.

I will stick with Office, as I need it for work, but will try buying 2019 again.

Thanks

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2021 at 4:47 PM, Russell17au said:

I do not use Microsoft Office since 2010, when I had a lot of problems with it. I changed over to Apache Open Office then and have not had a problem with it. It is exactly the same as Microsoft office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and the others. You can do exactly the same formulas as excel. It is like using Microsoft Office. One of the big things is that it is a free download. Try it and if you don't like it then you can always uninstall it.

As is Libre Office. I personally preferred it to Open Office.

• Thanks 1

On 2/17/2021 at 4:21 PM, tgw said:

I'm still using Office 2007... I can't think of any feature that would make an upgrade worthwhile?

Sadly, at some point your computer will crash or 'something' will break...  It happened to me last summer. The mother board crashed and the computer company no longer makes replacement parts for that 'old' computer (2009 model). No worries I said, I'll just load my Office 2007 on to my new computer. Office 2007 is no longer registerable. No registration, Office no longer works.  I purchased Office 2019 from an online seller. Works fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Sadly, at some point your computer will crash or 'something' will break...  It happened to me last summer. The mother board crashed and the computer company no longer makes replacement parts for that 'old' computer (2009 model). No worries I said, I'll just load my Office 2007 on to my new computer. Office 2007 is no longer registerable. No registration, Office no longer works.  I purchased Office 2019 from an online seller. Works fine.

For less than £50 you can get a Microsoft Office 365 package which gives all Office apps, upgrades, plus 1TB of One Drive and 100 minutes of Skype per month.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

My copy of MS Office works with a serial number. it was an upgrade from Office 2003. I re-installed several times already.