Chiangmai - Car & Bike Lover - Show Us Your " Ride " - Photo Gallery

Ta22

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my rig. Its great. Everywhere I go I get great discounts at food carts and tremendous respect at intersections.

I am looking for a new personal security officer / gunner. My current one whose nickname is Rambo keeps shooting at water tanks for fun.

post-27132-1179217461_thumb.jpg

I had one similar to this but it was a six wheeled long wheel based landrover with a 106mm recoiless rocket mounted along the length above our heads. Pulled into a MacDonalds with six vehicles in same rig and asked for a load of burgers and fries. After about 10 minutes some wally behind the tail vehicle started beeping his horn at us to get out of the way! One of my guys got out and they had a very short but to the point discussion after which the guy quietened down.

An armed society is a polite society

CB

Is the video of you standing on the seat, popping a block-long wheelie? :D

I like it! It takes a real man to drive a pink machine.... :D

No, no wheelies... yet. But it has it running without an exhaust (loud as all hel_l)

The paint gets changed to metallic green this weekend. Though I don't mind the pink.

Now me being a farang driving a metallic green minbike, I am going to stand out and people will know who I am. Though I guess its ok since I have met/seen some of the TV crew without them knowing it muahaha. :o

Here's my other one, then...

post-23786-1179147484_thumb.jpg

:o

Very nice bike, used to own a 2000 model RSV-R. It was worth paying the money for the front end alone. It's difficult to say from the angle but looks like it may have an excess of ride height at the back. All fine and good if set up for a certain track, but easy to make a mess of the handling for most uses. Did it myself. Got it to change direction pretty good but became too unstable before it hit top end

No, no wheelies... yet. But it has it running without an exhaust (loud as all hel_l)

The paint gets changed to metallic green this weekend. Though I don't mind the pink.

Now me being a farang driving a metallic green minbike, I am going to stand out and people will know who I am. Though I guess its ok since I have met/seen some of the TV crew without them knowing it muahaha. :o

BA was your bike packed in Loi Kroh last night outside Naja Tattoo?

I went in to the CM Saloon for a world famous "Ron's Cheesy Lump Burger" and parked next to a bike that looked just like your photo. Some one was asking what it was and I said it came as a spare bike with the BMW touring series in case the big bike gets a flat tire or breaks down. They weren't sure if I was taking the pi#s so I explained that the bike folds up and fits into a special box under the K100 seat. Seemed to satisfy them because they said "Oh ok that makes sense" - The English you have to love them.

CB

Here's my other one, then...

post-23786-1179147484_thumb.jpg

:o

Very nice bike, used to own a 2000 model RSV-R. It was worth paying the money for the front end alone. It's difficult to say from the angle but looks like it may have an excess of ride height at the back. All fine and good if set up for a certain track, but easy to make a mess of the handling for most uses. Did it myself. Got it to change direction pretty good but became too unstable before it hit top end

I cheated, that is a stock photo. I left US and forgot to archive photos of my bike, which is of course way better looking. All black, I peeled off all the big ugly dumb orange decals off the lower fairing. Has a Akrapovic full race system (peeled decals off that as well!), Sato rearsets, and enough mods (mapping, etc.) to get an honest 138 hp at the rear wheel. The bike rocks. Unfortunately it is currently parked in a garage of a friend in Lake Havasu, Arizona... :D

Must say I'm very gratified to see such a host of real bikes here. I'm afraid I'm one of those who consider Harleys & the like little more than noise machines. No power, which is always a help 'cos they have no brakes either.

Used to suffer a monthly Harley Club meeting at the bar next to my restaurant in London. The local police always had a field day with their noise meters etc.

Jim was our local beat bobby, a truly imposing gent of about 6ft 8ins and b r o a d with it. Looked even more impressive with his tall London police helmet. He always threatened to try Clint Eastwood's domino trick, a'la "Every Which Way" fame, but had to restrain himself and issue tickets instead.

He later grew his hair and beard long and became a diving instructor in the Bahamas. He was a truly good man to have on your side when a little difficulty presented itself.

At that time my rides were a ST1100 Pan European and a Range Rover. Always regretted not bringing the bike when I moved here permanently. The Range Rover was stolen after I had been trying to sell it for over 6 months. It became one of the quick response vehicles for my other business in London.

Insurance on the car paid for our entire move, including purchase and shipping of 2x40ft containers. Those graced my front garden here for several years here.

My rides here. I'm afraid I'm not posting pics because I value my privacy too much. I have two Dreams, the newest about 8 years old, the other is about 20. I also ride my old Honda 750, and drive a Willys. They are both a little younger than I am.

Must say I'm very gratified to see such a host of real bikes here. I'm afraid I'm one of those who consider Harleys & the like little more than noise machines. No power, which is always a help 'cos they have no brakes either.

Used to suffer a monthly Harley Club meeting at the bar next to my restaurant in London. The local police always had a field day with their noise meters etc.

Jim was our local beat bobby, a truly imposing gent of about 6ft 8ins and b r o a d with it. Looked even more impressive with his tall London police helmet. He always threatened to try Clint Eastwood's domino trick, a'la "Every Which Way" fame, but had to restrain himself and issue tickets instead.

He later grew his hair and beard long and became a diving instructor in the Bahamas. He was a truly good man to have on your side when a little difficulty presented itself.

At that time my rides were a ST1100 Pan European and a Range Rover. Always regretted not bringing the bike when I moved here permanently. The Range Rover was stolen after I had been trying to sell it for over 6 months. It became one of the quick response vehicles for my other business in London.

Insurance on the car paid for our entire move, including purchase and shipping of 2x40ft containers. Those graced my front garden here for several years here.

My rides here. I'm afraid I'm not posting pics because I value my privacy too much. I have two Dreams, the newest about 8 years old, the other is about 20. I also ride my old Honda 750, and drive a Willys. They are both a little younger than I am.

I don't blame you in protecting your privacy. I am sure your Dreams would be instantly recognizable from the other 50,000 in town . :o

I don't blame you in protecting your privacy. I am sure your Dreams would be instantly recognizable from the other 50,000 in town . :o

methinks p1p is more concerned of someone recognising his Willys not the Dreams

:D

CB

I went in to the CM Saloon for a world famous "Ron's Cheesy Lump Burger" and parked next to a bike that looked just like your photo. Some one was asking what it was and I said it came as a spare bike with the BMW touring series in case the big bike gets a flat tire or breaks down. They weren't sure if I was taking the pi#s so I explained that the bike folds up and fits into a special box under the K100 seat. Seemed to satisfy them because they said "Oh ok that makes sense" - The English you have to love them.

CB

Unless one of the mechanics took it for a ride, no. I have never been on Loi Kroh other than near Starbucks at NB.

Plus my bike just had it's gear sent to the machine shop, since the ratio gave it all torque and no topspeed, top that off with a plastic water bottle for a fuel tank and we have a pretty dead bike ATM.

Tomm I get the new fork and gears back from the shop, and maybe repainted.

CB

Unless one of the mechanics took it for a ride, no. I have never been on Loi Kroh other than near Starbucks at NB.

Plus my bike just had it's gear sent to the machine shop, since the ratio gave it all torque and no topspeed, top that off with a plastic water bottle for a fuel tank and we have a pretty dead bike ATM.

Tomm I get the new fork and gears back from the shop, and maybe repainted.

I thought it was pretty cute but wondered where the pull cord starter was.

CB

And here is another that I rode to The Moon Garden once, got pissed and only found it again last year.......

I have no trouble believing you actually rode that into the tree..

It's a pity we have no photos of "The Incident" at the Chiang Mai Speedway..

Now that would be a cracker.. :o

Hi All

Here is my ride which I have spent a small fortune on restoring it to a mechanically A1 Beamer. Its for sale . If you are interested contact me for a list of work carried out on the vehicle. I cannot imagine anything going wrong with this car for a long long time. I have changed and repaired everything. It runs on LPG and fuel and it is very fast. Im going to cry once its gone.

post-3348-1179549988_thumb.jpg

post-3348-1179550225_thumb.jpg

post-3348-1179550319_thumb.jpg

And here is another that I rode to The Moon Garden once, got pissed and only found it again last year.......

I have no trouble believing you actually rode that into the tree..

It's a pity we have no photos of "The Incident" at the Chiang Mai Speedway..

Now that would be a cracker.. :o

You mean with this bike? My old favourite ZX11 aka ZZR1100. Bloody glad no-one captured the "incident" on film (or CCD).

post-24617-1179575725_thumb.jpg

Dear blinky bill

The power of human memory is so powerful that i bet it would out life most photo of CCD . or maybe harddrive .

what you should do is hope there don't invent some kinda memory reproduction device which can use your memory for photo reporduction :D

well .

overall i am just happy that you are fine and did not hurt yourself .

we did had a fun day at the track i say :o

as much as i was just sitting around trying to blend in as the only asian

Dear blinky bill

The power of human memory is so powerful that i bet it would out life most photo of CCD . or maybe harddrive .

what you should do is hope there don't invent some kinda memory reproduction device which can use your memory for photo reporduction :D

well .

overall i am just happy that you are fine and did not hurt yourself .

we did had a fun day at the track i say :o

as much as i was just sitting around trying to blend in as the only asian

The Pit Crew.......

post-24617-1179628499_thumb.jpg

JT 65,

I have a 3 series 318 much the sme as yours 1987 in white with orignal bbs alloys and recaro interior also badged up as a M3, just spent 18000b on mechanical repairs.

Where did you find your spares in Chiang mia?

Due for a respray later in the year and maybe i will post a photo on my return to LOS.

Hi All

Here is my ride which I have spent a small fortune on restoring it to a mechanically A1 Beamer. Its for sale . If you are interested contact me for a list of work carried out on the vehicle. I cannot imagine anything going wrong with this car for a long long time. I have changed and repaired everything. It runs on LPG and fuel and it is very fast. Im going to cry once its gone.

methinks p1p is more concerned of someone recognising his Willys not the Dreams

CB

Only my very closest friends are allowed to get to know my Willys. :o

Thank heavens for that.. :D

p1p came to my house once, he had a bird in his arms and showed me his willys right out there in the road. I've seen a few in my time but not one like his. :D

This conversation is going to get us reported to the mods - you know that don't you?

CB

This is my old favourite which I owned back in the 70's

Ducati 900SS - I had several of them and a couple of 750SS. At one time in my living room I had a two 900SS a 750SS a 900SD and the Mike Hailwood replica. Anyone who has owned old Ducatis will always have a soft spot for them despite their quirks.

CB