Jump to content

10,000 Thais fall for ludicrous 100 baht for 500,000 get rich quick scheme


webfact

Recommended Posts

10,000 Thais fall for ludicrous 100 baht for 500,000 get rich quick scheme

 

8pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

 

Manager reported that officers from the Department of Special Investigation and the Si Satchanalai police in Sukhothai armed with a search warrant went to a house registered under a company name: Rich Gold Intertrade.

 

They had hoped to find a man known as "Ch. Lek Sukhothai" otherwise known as Jaranin or Theerathat, an alleged fraudster. 

 

Theerathat was not home but his wife Kanthamanee was. She claimed he didn't live there, dismissed as nonsense by the raiding party. 

 

8pm1.jpg

Picture: Manager

 

While there Theerathat called in to say (and Thaivisa translates how the conversation seems to have gone):

 

"Hi guys, look today is not convenient as I am on business in Bangkok. 

 

"I'll tell you what, I'll pop in to the DSI headquarters in Chang Wattana in a day or two, trust me". 

 

Nothing to indicate that there was a business being operated from the house was found though a computer and a memory stick were taken into evidence. 

 

8pm2.jpg

Picture: Manager

 

The wife said she knew nothing about any business. 

 

The suspect stands accused with others of operating a ludicrous scam that nevertheless has managed to fool 10,000 victims.

 

He showed a commercial bank's bank book claiming to have 200 billion baht in savings.

 

He then promised to give people 500,000 baht if they gave him just 100 baht.

 

In addition they would get 10,000 baht per month for the next five years.

 

Yes, all for an investment of just 100 baht. 

 

What could possibly go wrong....

 

Source: Manager

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-19
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

He showed a commercial bank's bank book claiming to have 200 billion baht in savings.

 

He then promised to give people 500,000 baht if they gave him just 100 baht.

 

In addition they would get 10,000 baht per month for the next five years.

 

Yes, all for an investment of just 100 baht. 

 

What could possibly go wrong...

 

Even the most gullible of gulls would do a double take at that return .. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Umm .. cannot be too critical of this story .….

.... apparently there are hundreds of millions of people globally who are showing their greed as they head into a potential Stock Market bubble.

Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, webfact said:

The suspect stands accused with others of operating a ludicrous scam that nevertheless has managed to fool 10,000 victims.

Well if anyone wanted to know how many complete morons there are here, it is now proven to be upwards of 10,000 for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You would think that most people would be too ashamed of their stupidity in falling for such a scam, to report it to the cops. Lose 100 Baht, fair enough, it's the price for being an idiot. Or, Lose serious face trying to get 100 Baht back, with ones stupidity publicly confirmed?

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Sad thing is that most of the 10,000 idiots firmly believed that there would be 500,000 baht heading their way...

Doesn't only happen to Thai.

I know an elderly farang who believes that he will get 24 million US in cash, an expensive car, and various other items by paying delivery charges from Bangkok to his house.

He's also paid people to put his name back on the pensions list, to get his pension re-instated, it always happens when there is a holiday delay in payment and it doesn't arrive on the normal day.

He's been threatened with arrest by the FBI, if he doesn't make the payments.

He's been told many times by me and our friends it's all scams but .........

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:
48 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Sad thing is that most of the 10,000 idiots firmly believed that there would be 500,000 baht heading their way...

Doesn't only happen to Thai.

Sorry, but I said idiots. Are you assuming that all of these 10,000 idiots are Thai?

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Sorry, but I said idiots. Are you assuming that all of these 10,000 idiots are Thai?

Automatic assumption seeing no mention of Tourist or Immigration Police being involved.

Story headline also says 10,000 Thais.

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

I know an elderly farang who believes that he will get 24 million US in cash, an expensive car, and various other items by paying delivery charges from Bangkok to his house.

I think being elderly there may be some extenuating circumstances with old age, but I bet the majority of this 10,000 Thais were under 35 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Sad thing is that most of the 10,000 idiots firmly believed that there would be 500,000 baht heading their way...

Probably just desperate toget  away form the grinding poverty of their existence,and no financial literacy, barely literate many of them I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

 

Even the most gullible of gulls would do a double take at that return .. 

 

I guess at a loss of only 100 baht thousands thought it was worth a punt....

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Sad thing is that most of the 10,000 idiots firmly believed that there would be 500,000 baht heading their way...

 

   Any Farlangs involved ...

   Would raise the number 10 score , and more ..

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Probably just desperate toget  away form the grinding poverty of their existence,and no financial literacy, barely literate many of them I guess.

Nope. Just idiots.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds me of that movie

"lock stock and two smoking barrels:"

Give them a return check in the name Ar5e Tickler's <deleted> fan club and see how many will take it to the bank to cash.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...