10,000 Thais fall for ludicrous 100 baht for 500,000 get rich quick scheme

webfact

You would think that most people would be too ashamed of their stupidity in falling for such a scam, to report it to the cops. Lose 100 Baht, fair enough, it's the price for being an idiot. Or, Lose serious face trying to get 100 Baht back, with ones stupidity publicly confirmed?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Sad thing is that most of the 10,000 idiots firmly believed that there would be 500,000 baht heading their way...

Doesn't only happen to Thai.

I know an elderly farang who believes that he will get 24 million US in cash, an expensive car, and various other items by paying delivery charges from Bangkok to his house.

He's also paid people to put his name back on the pensions list, to get his pension re-instated, it always happens when there is a holiday delay in payment and it doesn't arrive on the normal day.

He's been threatened with arrest by the FBI, if he doesn't make the payments.

He's been told many times by me and our friends it's all scams but .........

3 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:
48 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Sad thing is that most of the 10,000 idiots firmly believed that there would be 500,000 baht heading their way...

Doesn't only happen to Thai.

Sorry, but I said idiots. Are you assuming that all of these 10,000 idiots are Thai?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Sorry, but I said idiots. Are you assuming that all of these 10,000 idiots are Thai?

Automatic assumption seeing no mention of Tourist or Immigration Police being involved.

Story headline also says 10,000 Thais.

Edited by foreverlomsak
Clarification
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

I know an elderly farang who believes that he will get 24 million US in cash, an expensive car, and various other items by paying delivery charges from Bangkok to his house.

I think being elderly there may be some extenuating circumstances with old age, but I bet the majority of this 10,000 Thais were under 35 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Probably just desperate toget  away form the grinding poverty of their existence,and no financial literacy, barely literate many of them I guess.

6 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Any Farlangs involved ...

Would raise the number 10 score , and more ..