Curved monitors - any good?

toast1

If you are sitting directly in front of a curved TV or monitor, you cannot tell. It means the edges of your screen are about 1 or 2 cm closer to you. And for the amount of 'curve' it's not worth the extra expense.

Edited by KannikaP

They're OK, I have 2 reasonably large curved monitors in front of me right now, they're identical in size, etc but not the 'double width' single wide high resolution screens you can get.

This is the model : https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.JE2AA.A06

I've been using them for a couple of years.

I specifically don't want or need anything higher than this HD resolution for various software related reasons at this stage in time.

I've had two and love them.  The first was an Asus that I couldn't bring with me to the LoS.  As soon as I got here I replaced it with a 31.5" Dell monitor.  They are pricey - I got my Dell for 15,000 THB 5 months ago.  You can probably get more screen real estate for a lower price by using two monitors side-by-side which I've done in the past.  I prefer the single curved monitor vs two flat screens though for what I'm doing now on the computer.

I have a curved 27in Samsung and you can hardly tell the difference. I also have a curved 34in the Xiaomi Mi Surface and not only is it a great monitor the curve is very noticable, especially using spreadsheets. Buying again i would only go fot that. Cost 9000 baht so more than your standard monitor.