Thailand Mulls Waiving Quarantine Rule for Vaccinated Tourists

webfact

12 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Any farangs here will have to vaccinate to extend as visa Maybe not in  a medical exemption. Just get your jabs. There is hardly no downside.

No down side besides extreme side effects akin the virus itself, Bell's Palsy and or death.  Yeah injecting your heathy body with some manmade toxins that offer zero claims of immunity or complete protection is what any wise sheep would do.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, MuayThaiGuy said:

They can't even be sued for injuries/deaths either as they have a complete exemption from liability.

Quite the business model.

I can't believe so many "men" are willing to give up their right to bodily autonomy so easily.

It's so submissive and pathetic.

And the business model is even better... because those vaccines are designed to protect from a... virus that has killed... a total of 82 people in Thailand in a whole year.

On the global scale, this virus is benign for the vast majority of the people...

So yes indeed, it's pure... genius.

17 hours ago, Rumble Tumble said:

Hell of a lot of mulling and talking but very little action.

if the country and its leaders cant do a risk based analysis to allow vaccinated tourists into the country after a large portion of the thai population is vaccinated, well they might as well just build a giant wall around the Kingdom and give up.

I don't think Thailand has heard of the system called "Risk Assessment".

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Rumble Tumble said:

Hell of a lot of mulling and talking but very little action.

if the country and its leaders cant do a risk based analysis to allow vaccinated tourists into the country after a large portion of the thai population is vaccinated, well they might as well just build a giant wall around the Kingdom and give up.

There are two major issues that confront the Thai Government if they allow vaccinated Tourists into the Country.

The first, is that because the Thai population has not been, (or will be ) Vaccinated until well into the Autumn, they will have Zero immunity against any Tourist born Covid Virus, as the Vaccines do not prevent people still being carriers of the Virus.

The Second, is whether Foreign Governments will Black list Thailand due to its high risk of Covid infection. Thailands policy of not being exactly economical with the truth, may well come back to haunt them.

Foreign Governments will not allow their Citizens to travel into Countries that cannot prove a progressive and sustained program of Vaccination, as people returning back to their Home Countries could well bring back the Infection, and cause even more massive economical damage to these responsible Nations that have Vaccinated the Populations. and  already taken such a financial burden during the Global Pandemic.

Edited by Cake Monster
  • Like 1

What could possibly go wrong with this?

Considering that do not know at this stage and will not know without widespread PCR testing how long the vaccine is efficaious for, methinks this needs serious risk managment.

If implemented (repeat if) "...Foreigners visiting Thailand may be allowed to skip the two-week isolation if they furnish vaccination certificates but authorities will continue to track them", seems that would mean"

- Can book normal international flights.

- Have to arrive with proof of vaccination.

- No need for quarantine.

- Monitored for duration of visit.

To be fair that should mean all Thai folks and non-Thais returning to Thailand, regardless of their visa etc., status, should be under the same rules.

That should mean greater choices of airlines and perhaps would mean the low cost airlines can resume international flights in and out of Thailand. (I hope so I have a AU$980- credit with AirAsiaX for a cancelled flight Sydney to Bkk and return early last year.)

Not holding my breath.

• Like 1

Really? 

Tell us how many trees will we have to kill to prove to our government, of our bonefides, original documents, witnesse present, with they're photos and fingerprints? 

More Apps for our phones purhaps.

Stop discriminating against the rest of the world, dont impose on them, what you wont do for the citizens and residents living here.

How about  keeping  the tourists, business investors and workers from getting sick because of our Local Covid 19 infected people.

A vaccinated individual can still spread the virus before their immune system kills it. Why won't the Thai Government accept that they must vaccinate the entire population to control Wuflu? Other poorer ASEAN nations are getting on with it. Why can't Thailand. Surely the profit share has been sorted out by now. Doesn't normally take this long?

Edited by chilly07
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, MuayThaiGuy said:

They have already said that the vaccine will NOT prevent you from contracting the "virus", or spreading it.

So, what's the point of vaccination passports?

For people who haven't figured it out yet..

Vaccines are extremely profitable.

Pharmaceutical companies (and the politicians they have paid off), have wanted to implement a system whereby our freedoms are tied to our vaccination status for quite some time now.

Once "health passports" are in place, and your mobility rights can be tied to your vaccination status - pharma companies and their bought-off government shills can easily coerce you into rolling up your sleeve for as many injections as they want.

They can't even be sued for injuries/deaths either as they have a complete exemption from liability.

Quite the business model.

I can't believe so many "men" are willing to give up their right to bodily autonomy so easily.

It's so submissive and pathetic.

So the conspiracy is that the world economy has suffered trillions so pharmaceutical companies can make billions? And 195 countries are involved in this conspiracy?

Maybe spend less time in your mother's basement surfing qanon and infowars.com and more time in reality. 

• Thanks 1

How are you going to do that if there is as 2 week incubation period?

If we get the shot just before 

a flight we could still be carrying.

If we get the shot two weeks before the flight you could check symptoms, but it would be hard to require the quarantine if it's not expected.

15 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

Once "health passports" are in place, and your mobility rights can be tied to your vaccination status - pharma companies and their bought-off government shills can easily coerce you into rolling up your sleeve for as many injections as they want.

Once upon a time, one could not travel without proof of smallpox vaccination, that a conspiracy?

Some countries also require proof today of Yellow Fever innoculation, conspiracy?

Or were they just trial runs for the BIG one?

Also" they" (whoever "they" are, big pharma or conspriring governments/) have  not said it does not stop transmission, that statement is an untruth.

The number of infections in the USA alone have dropped considerably since the innoculation process began, please explain?

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Once upon a time, one could not travel without proof of smallpox vaccination, that a conspiracy?

Some countries also require proof today of Yellow Fever innoculation, conspiracy?

Or were they just trial runs for the BIG one?

Also" they" (whoever "they" are, big pharma or conspriring governments/) have  not said it does not stop transmission, that statement is an untruth.

The number of infections in the USA alone have dropped considerably since the innoculation process began, please explain?

Same in UK - the rates of infection / hospitalisation falling dramatically. So much so that UK Gov are now giving us firm dates for lockdown to end in stages culminating in June this year when "All legal limits on social contact will be removed"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56153617    and    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/56102610

There are also several  organisations discussing "vaccination passports" IATA, Israeli and UK Govts  included. I got the Nurse who vaccinated me to include my Covid vac in my "Yellow Book" with all my other vaxes from years past just because I could!

Obviously, there will need to be an international standard set by someone (WHO?)  on what constitutes "proof" of vaccination. IMO, it will come sooner than we think, if not as soon as we'd like. ???? Of course, all countries will need to agree to the "standard" which may well prove challenging! 

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

Ah, a different mullet. These would probably make better politicians (even from the plate).

fresh-mullet-fish-on-palte-260nw-1768723

Would any of those be Blind Mullets Mr Crossy?  ????

This has nothing to do with a so called miracle vaccine that is still not fully tested but a perfect opportunity for govenments to track people, why can I not just take the floored PCR test for entry that is currently used?  I don't want unknowns injected into my body to apease a passport requirement to sit on a beach!

16 hours ago, nkg said:

Yes, I am happy to get vaccinated in Thailand and to pay for it. My point was that many Thaivisa posters seem to want to delay the return of tourism for as long as possible. Great for them ... not so good for those currently outside Thailand ...

The unelected "PM" and his soldiers have no incentive to want to see the tourists return, they are getting their share of the spoils from the ASQ, and the fingers will all be in the pies when the vaccine starts, private hospitals spring to mind here.

17 hours ago, nkg said:

Yes, I am happy to get vaccinated in Thailand and to pay for it. My point was that many Thaivisa posters seem to want to delay the return of tourism for as long as possible. Great for them ... not so good for those currently outside Thailand ...

Not so good for the people who make a living from tourism also. Maybe the selfish ones just want all those ladies to themselves. Maybe the prices are lower.

On 2/23/2021 at 10:24 AM, Crossy said:

Didn't they "mull" this idea last week too?

They did but last week it was just another one of those TAT announcements that either Anutin or Chan-o-Cha shoots down in flames the next day.

The fact that its Chan-o-Cha that's doing the 'mulling' this time is positive and may give some (me) cause for a little cautious optimism.