Jump to content

Amazing Thailand: Cemetery workers put on movies for the "lonely "spirits


webfact

Recommended Posts

Amazing Thailand: Cemetery workers put on movies for the "lonely "spirits
 
10pm.jpg
video screenshot
 
Two long time cemetery workers in Chonburi were concerned that the spirits of the 1000 dead bodies under their care were getting lonely.
 
So they hired a company to show them a couple of Chinese movies and a Thai film. 
 
They explained also that during the pandemic the corpses were not getting much attention.
 
This was a way to "tham bun" or make merit.
 
Bunsom Samart and Saiphan Jitsom who have worked at the Si Koh cemetery in Na Pa sub-district of Muang Chonburi, for years, also had  a ceremony to honor the Thai and Thai-Chinese dead before the  deceased enjoyed the show. 
 
Channel 8 reported the story that surely should be categorized under Thaivisa's "Amazing Thailand" cultural heading!
 
Source: Channel 8
 
 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, webfact said:
 
So they hired a company to show them a couple of Chinese movies and a Thai film

 

and the departed said we had enough of that s*** when we were alive , now put on Zombie Killer Apocalypse and Day of the Dead .. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, webfact said:

concerned that the spirits of the 1000 dead bodies under their care were getting lonely.

Course they are getting lonely

Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

 

and the departed said we had enough of that s*** when we were alive , now put on Zombie Killer Apocalypse and Day of the Dead .. 

I think the Rob Zombie 'House of 1000 corpses' would be more appropriate

ea5a5-house-of-1000-corpses-poster.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...