FDA Approves Use of Non-addictive Parts of Cannabis in Food

webfact

1 hour ago, mr mr said:

hello head of the FDA. hemp is cannabis.

no charge for that one sweetie. 

Hello what you say is technically true but it is also correct to use these words to distinguish a difference between two different varieties.You may not be aware that sometimes words have more than one meaning and different uses in different contexts.Unlike you I expect payment for that.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Hello what you say is technically true but it is also correct to use these words to distinguish a difference between two different varieties.You may not be aware that sometimes words have more than one meaning and different uses in different contexts.Unlike you I expect payment for that.

i will send over some fan leaves and stalks  ?  technically that's payment. 

hemp is outdated slang wording. it's all just cannabis. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mr mr said:

i will send over some fan leaves and stalks  ?  technically that's payment. 

hemp is outdated slang wording. it's all just cannabis. 

Any payment you send will be much appreciated a very limited amount of hash oil can be extracted from the leaves and stems and so I could possibly get a micro stone (I've only just made up the term so it shouldn't be outdated just yet).Yes some uses of the term hemp can be considered outdated as we did use to refer to pot as hemp but in other contexts the word hemp is often used to refer to the strain Ruderalis for more industrial uses although it has been used in breading with indica strains to produce different qualities and auto flowering capabilities.So I agree that some of it's slang uses and even some of the users (me) may also be outdated but I think there are many uses of the term hemp which are unoutdated (another of my contributions to the language) hence terms like "hempcrete" and hemp cloth and hemp plastic.For you it's all just cannabis and that's fine and correct.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

What is the point? there are no active benefits or useful ingredients so may as well add potato skins at least there will be some taste ................LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

micro stone

it's called micro dosing. you are a little late to the party. did i already say that ? 

it would cost you more money to extract that miniscule amount of oil than to just buy it.... so have at it. 

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, mr mr said:

it's called micro dosing. you are a little late to the party. did i already say that ? 

it would cost you more money to extract that miniscule amount of oil than to just buy it.... so have at it. 

I have a rice cooker and I have alcohol I'm ready except for the main ingredient.If I had the main ingredient it would be cheaper for me to extract the oil than pay someone else to do it for me and I look forward to one day being able to do it. 

17 minutes ago, scoupeo said:

how many times this stupid news will be posted ?

it's like everyday the same idiot posts about cannabis leaves, which are nothing !

just legalize the flowers or shut up !!!

I would tell you why they keep posting this but the last time I did that I got a little holiday.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

This is going to be the new narrative now 'eh?  "Cannabis is addictive." 
They should start playing Reefer Madness with Thai subs and voice-overs. That would be appropriate. 

More accurately:  FDA Approves Use Of Non-psychoactive Parts of Cannabis in Food.  Just saying.....

And like I've said before, I detest this BS gimmickry c**p.  It will end up leading otherwise ignorant tourist to believe that cannabis is legal.
"Look - Marijuana on the food.  It must be OK to buy and use!"  <then off to prison unless large, thick brown envelops are passed around>

Personally I think it's asinine, disingenuous, as well as dangerous.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Guidelines on the usage will also be issued, while food manufacturers will be required to provide details on where they source their cannabis and hemp raw materials

Thailand has set itself up for a regulatory nightmare. 
They want their cake and eat it too, in other words, the want the gimmickry to market a subset of hemp products while threatening to toss people into jail for using the parts containing THC.  Its a policy that will confuse the hell out of native Thais and visiting foreigners as well, and eventually it will spawn black markets that simply will become too numerous to control.  Average Thais will want to have a piece of the "legal" marijuana action. but then find that they do not qualify as a selected special grower because they aren't "connected."  Then  they will see others profiting from the trade.  I've lived here long enough to know that isn't going to sit well with most Thais.  They were promised a piece of the action and they'll want a piece of the action when others in their Amphurs are getting rich and they are told that they can't participate.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2021 at 9:51 AM, FarFlungFalang said:

Any payment you send will be much appreciated a very limited amount of hash oil can be extracted from the leaves and stems and so I could possibly get a micro stone (I've only just made up the term so it shouldn't be outdated just yet).Yes some uses of the term hemp can be considered outdated as we did use to refer to pot as hemp but in other contexts the word hemp is often used to refer to the strain Ruderalis for more industrial uses although it has been used in breading with indica strains to produce different qualities and auto flowering capabilities.So I agree that some of it's slang uses and even some of the users (me) may also be outdated but I think there are many uses of the term hemp which are unoutdated (another of my contributions to the language) hence terms like "hempcrete" and hemp cloth and hemp plastic.For you it's all just cannabis and that's fine and correct.

I used to smoke leaf all the time. A bit like drinking low alcohol beer.

11 hours ago, connda said:

Thailand has set itself up for a regulatory nightmare. 
They want their cake and eat it too, in other words, the want the gimmickry to market a subset of hemp products while threatening to toss people into jail for using the parts containing THC.  Its a policy that will confuse the hell out of native Thais and visiting foreigners as well, and eventually it will spawn black markets that simply will become too numerous to control.  Average Thais will want to have a piece of the "legal" marijuana action. but then find that they do not qualify as a selected special grower because they aren't "connected."  Then  they will see others profiting from the trade.  I've lived here long enough to know that isn't going to sit well with most Thais.  They were promised a piece of the action and they'll want a piece of the action when others in their Amphurs are getting rich and they are told that they can't participate.

Imagine how many will be jumping over fences to steal plants. They have put themselves in this situation with the deal with Anutin. He was elected by telling them all he would legalize. Then the junta needed him for a majority. If Anutin doesn't carry through he will lose his support. Classic Catch 22.

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit