Swift Code For Kasikorn K-cyber Banking

I've been recommended to use direct bank transfer by a friend, he has told me to use my swift code to transfer funds from my UK Halifax account to my partners Kasikorn account but I can't find the swift code, is there such a thing with this bank?

Nikkijah :o

Yes, it's KASITHBK, but you should be very careful to get the exact transfer instructions from Kasikorn, including their "correspondent bank" details for sending pounds. Otherwise your bank in the UK will convert your pouunds to baht at the offshore rate and send baht to Kasikorn. You should tell Kasikorn that you want to send pounds to them.

Yes, it's KASITHBK, but you should be very careful to get the exact transfer instructions from Kasikorn, including their "correspondent bank" details for sending pounds. Otherwise your bank in the UK will convert your pouunds to baht at the offshore rate and send baht to Kasikorn. You should tell Kasikorn that you want to send pounds to them.

Good advice sonicdragon, thanks.

All I need to do now is make my partner understand these simple instructions :o

:D

Thanks again, Nikkijah :D

I bank with the Halifax and used to use them to send money over. All I needed was bank name, bank address, her name, her account.

But now I just go to the post office and use "MoneyGram" its a much easier method(I find) to send money over. Its pretty instant and there are loads of places where she can collect from. Contact the postoffice or web site for more details. It also worked out cheaper than Halifax.

I bank with the Halifax and used to use them to send money over. All I needed was bank name, bank address, her name, her account.

But now I just go to the post office and use "MoneyGram" its a much easier method(I find) to send money over. Its pretty instant and there are loads of places where she can collect from. Contact the postoffice or web site for more details. It also worked out cheaper than Halifax.

How much did you pay with the Halifax chang? I was quoted 17 quid! I jsut checked out the moneygram website and the fees are as scandalous as Western Unions! 18 quid to send 200! :o Western Union is only 14 quid for the same amount, I wouldn't recommend moneygram to anybody...

SWIFT is not really set up to move small amounts of money

as their charges are fixed. It's a good system if you want to

transfer 20 k pounds since the charges are only 0.1%, but

by sending only 200 you get charged about 10%.

There is no way to cheaply send that money, unfortunately. :o

I you think you may need to do these transfers on an irregular basis,

then next time you are in Thailand, open a savings account with online banking facilities.

That way you can leave some funds in the account and make transfers (from UK) to

another Thai account for a fee of only 30 baht per transfer.

Not all Thai banks have good online banking, I suggest Kasikorn Bank, forget

Siam Commercial for online banking.

Naka.

i have started using moneybookers.com. the only problem with them is that it takes a few days to upload money to your online account and then a couple of days to withdraw it into your thai bank account. However the fees seem to be very low and if you plan in advance the time it takes is no problem

I you think you may need to do these transfers on an irregular basis,

then next time you are in Thailand, open a savings account with online banking facilities.

That way you can leave some funds in the account and make transfers (from UK) to

another Thai account for a fee of only 30 baht per transfer.

Not all Thai banks have good online banking, I suggest Kasikorn Bank, forget

Naka.

Cheers Naka, I have a savings account with online banking with Kasikorn, so how do I do a transfer for only B30? Do you mean by transferring larger amounts?

When you login to kbank cyberbanking (or whatever they call it) it should be pretty obviuos from there how to do a transfer - if your partner has an accoutn with kbank in the same district there will then be no charge.

Another, much cheaper alternative is to open a nationwide flex account and send your partner the atm card - then when you want to give money you just trasnfer however much to your nationwide account and tell them to go to the atm and how much to withdraw. Then when they have withdrawn move the money out. Oh make sure you get an acount that doesnt have an overdraft facility, then when they try to take out 50000 baht after yo said 5000, they'll get told that the transaction cant be done, not you being told your liable to some hideous, illegal unauthorised overdraft fee !

HTH

PS if you have kbank savings you can also get a webcard (online credit card) and can then get a thai paypal account witjh full priviledges and can transfer money using paypal - but this will be at the offshore rate.

All the above has been discussed a lot before on TV...

When you login to kbank cyberbanking (or whatever they call it) it should be pretty obviuos from there how to do a transfer - if your partner has an accoutn with kbank in the same district there will then be no charge.

Another, much cheaper alternative is to open a nationwide flex account and send your partner the atm card - then when you want to give money you just trasnfer however much to your nationwide account and tell them to go to the atm and how much to withdraw. Then when they have withdrawn move the money out. Oh make sure you get an acount that doesnt have an overdraft facility, then when they try to take out 50000 baht after yo said 5000, they'll get told that the transaction cant be done, not you being told your liable to some hideous, illegal unauthorised overdraft fee !

HTH

PS if you have kbank savings you can also get a webcard (online credit card) and can then get a thai paypal account witjh full priviledges and can transfer money using paypal - but this will be at the offshore rate.

All the above has been discussed a lot before on TV...

Yes it has all been discussed before Khun Bob, but I think you misunderstood/misread my questions...

I have a Halifax account in the UK, I want to transfer money from that into my partners Kasikorn bank account, which I also mentioned is a savings account.

The account also has K-cyber banking but that also doesn't help me.

Thanks for lesson on how to control my partner like a baby though :o

Bank accounts are very difficult to open in the UK now unless you deposit a large amount into it when opening it, this subject has been widely covered somewhere else also...

Edited by Nikkijah

Bob's just given you the best advice you'll get on here. Go and open a Nationwide Flexaccount. They're no more difficult to open than any other current account. The ATM card that you'll get with the account will allow you (or your partner) to withdraw money from any ATM in Thailand with no fees or costs at all.

Bob's just given you the best advice you'll get on here. Go and open a Nationwide Flexaccount. They're no more difficult to open than any other current account. The ATM card that you'll get with the account will allow you (or your partner) to withdraw money from any ATM in Thailand with no fees or costs at all.

Thanks but I have asked in all the banks in my town if I can open an account just last month and they told me that unless I am on the electoral register or have a large sum of money to deposit I am UNABLE to open an account.

EDIT/ I also need to show my employers name and address and my income details and I am unable to produce these

Good advice if it applies to people who either already have an existing Nationwide account or are able to open one.

I was asking questions on how to transfer from my HALIFAX account to my partners Kasikorn bank but it seems that the charges are too high.

Thanks for your replies.

Edited by Nikkijah

Nikkijah.

Perhaps my advice was not clear ... and it won't help you with your current situation

as I assume you have few funds in you Kasikorn account.

My suggestion was actually that on your next trip to Thailand you should

deposit some funds in your account (in cash even). Then in future when

you are back in UK you can go online with Kasikorn and transfer

funds into your partners account for a nominal fee.

Naka.

When i do a swift money transfer to siam commercial bank i never need the swift code.Just exact bank adress in thailand,full account holders name and account number,send the money in sterling and no problem.Im with nationwide and as already said its 20 pounds however much you send,why cant you do the same with halifax ?

Quick question,i know im not charged to use my nationwide flex account card to withdraw in thailand,but im still charged by the thai bank atm everytime i use it(20 baht) is this correct ?

If you ask Nationwide for a basic bank account they will provide.... And along with that will come a cirrus/maestro atm card - there you have your means to cheap transfers

But if you like to give the halifax your money for their overpriced transfers - so much the better - I'm a share holder you see !

Why not get on the electoral register ? I got my wife on there and its helped her alot (dont think she should be on there - but hey if politicians in the UK can vote to be excluded from the freedom of information act, maybe I can apply the same rules too !)

Why not get an accout with citibank or hsbc and then you can benefiot from lower proced transfer within the organisation. Why not get your thai friend to get an account with bkk bank in thailand then you can get £15 transfers with bkk bank london. Why not get a thai pay pal account, so you can transfer small amounts without the large transefr fee.

However, if you totally trust your thai friend, why not send them a nationwide or a post office credit card and let them use up your credit limit and more... You may find penaltycharges.org.uk useful after this...

There are ways around credit scoring - best thing is to just keep on trying, dress well and be polite - bit like getting an account in Thailand actually ! But in the UK you can still open accounts with £0.00, and they remain open for a long time too... In fact it is also possible to do the same in Singapore - with a world wide bank too !

But I have to say that Nationwide is becoming more like Naziwide - I had a significant amount of money with them but would they give me another Flex account - no (sure I have quite a few already) - just need to get a good story and the right person and it will come - trouble is the people I need to persuade and not easy to get at - but it can be done - will work on this one again as I wouldnt mind a few more accounts - till they start charging that is ! But they are douing well - good profits reported this year - buit now the Natiowide is no longer a true building society - they couldnt give a sh1t about their members - for real Bulding Society spirit look at the small fish or britannia (share profits with the members...)

Just take what you can get from Naziwide and dont help them make profits. Their Customer Service stinks and in London their branch based staff typicaly hate their jobs. Still it is nice to make them lick their lips over getting commission for an insurance quote and then drop when they think your in the bag - I'm temped to say what the h3ll go for it if you give me 50% of the kick back - maybe i just will...

Edited by Khun Bob

The Post Office offer a facility called Cash Plus which is basically a prepaid visa card that can be used anywhere in the world just like a credit card. why don't you apply for one of these cards, deposit the funds you want and then send the card by registered post/dhl etc ? Your loved one will be able to access the funds here through most ATMS with the pin number that you would communicate to her once the card has been received!?

.... Not all Thai banks have good online banking, I suggest Kasikorn Bank, forget

Naka.

Hi Naka - what's wrong with SCB online banking?

I have a savings account with them and as I'm planning to move to Thailand this year, its a service I'm going to need.

• 2 weeks later...

Nikkijah,

Did you make this transfer Halifax-Kasikorn.

Could you give feedback on what you had to do in the end?

Was it easy and the charges as expected ? You got the full onshore rate etc... ?

It would be easier if I did this in future, I have just started doing HSBC UK to Kasikorn, but if I could do Halifax direct without too much hassle I could get rid of the HSBC UK account completely.

Thanks for any feedback

Simple answer - it is cr4p ! If you want something like what you may be use to in the UK ten Kasikorn is the only one I am aware of - and I have used a few accounts... Search this forum and you will see what peole have to say about thai banks online offerings.

But if you do go with SCB, dont put too much money in there and be carful who you set transfers up to - oh you gotta visit your account opening branck (probably) to do that. And dont forget to test their customer service, by phone in english for some non trivial transactions or problems you may have - especially when you need it sorted very quickly - hope you get the idea - still if not please do report your experiences

KB

.... Not all Thai banks have good online banking, I suggest Kasikorn Bank, forget

Naka.

Hi Naka - what's wrong with SCB online banking?

I have a savings account with them and as I'm planning to move to Thailand this year, its a service I'm going to need.

Try> http://www.ikobo.com/

You can open an account on line as a Remitter

You can sign up receivers who will be sent an iKobo VISA Card.

You can then send recipients Funds easily - using your Computer

iKobo will charge your Credit / Debit Card

I have used them for years and can recommend their service

Bill

Edited by WilliamIV

I am going to make a sterling transfer between HSBC UK and Kasikorn.

After a recent bad experience with Offshore rates (not to Kasikorn bank), I am making sure I understand the system completely.

I have therefore phoned both HSBC and spoke to Kasikorn and they say I shouldn't need the 'correspondent bank' details. I am very wary of anything they say though.

Could you confirm this is required - in the meantime I may make a small transfer and see what happens.

Thanks for any feed back.

I am going to make a sterling transfer between HSBC UK and Kasikorn.

After a recent bad experience with Offshore rates (not to Kasikorn bank), I am making sure I understand the system completely.

I have therefore phoned both HSBC and spoke to Kasikorn and they say I shouldn't need the 'correspondent bank' details. I am very wary of anything they say though.

Could you confirm this is required - in the meantime I may make a small transfer and see what happens.

Thanks for any feed back.

Of course you do not NEED the Correspondent Bank details.

HSBC are perfectly capable of sending a transfer to Kasikorn

and making a lot of money on the deal by sending Sterling or Thai Baht to

their office or correspondent in Bangkok.

However if you wish to keep HSBC from making as much as they can on the Transaction

You must obtain from Kasikorn the details of their STERLING account and instruct HSBC to send STERLING to it.

Kasikorn and any Bank will have a Sterling account with a Correspondent Bank in London

(and a Dollar Account in New York and a Euro Account in one of the European Capitals.)

Your Instruction to HSBC should therefore read something like...

Pay GBP 500 to FOR EXAMPLE "Barclays Bank, Piccadilly Circus, London"

(replace with Kasikorn's Correspondent Bank name & address)

A/c No. xxxxxxx - Kaskorn Bank International Division (OR Similar - Kasikorns a/c Number and the name of their account)

a/c Nonthaburi Branch a/c No zzzzzz Khun aaaaa bbbbb (the Branch where your Partners has their account, your Partners a/c number and their name)

Similarly Dollars would be directed to Banks in New York and Euros to a Bank in a European Capital.

Edited by WilliamIV

Out of curiosity I sent Kasikorn an e-mail:

"I wish to instruct my UK Bank to send Sterling to you for payment to my friends

account with you in Bangkok.

Please provide me with the Name & Address of your Correspondent Bank in London

and your Account Number and Name of your Account there."

They did not give ALL the info I requested but this is their Reply >>>

Thank you for using our services of KASIKORNBANK PCL. We are pleased to provide

you the information you have enquired as follows:

Please kindly be informed that to transfer money from abroad, you can contact

any bank worldwide.

We would like to recommend you the most and widely accepted method, which is

SWIFT Transfer.

The transferor has to contact and give the following information to the bank.

1. Bank’s name, which is KASIKORNBANK PCL, and the name of the branch you would

like to transfer

money to

2. Full name of the account of the beneficiary

3. The account number of the beneficiary

4. SWIFT CODE of KASIKORNBANK, which is KASITHBK

To transfer funds from overseas, the correspondent bank will charge the sender

of funds; the charge

rate will depend on the conditions of the correspondent bank. The beneficiary

will also be charged by

KASIKORNBANK on the rate of 0.25% of the transferred amount (minimum 200 baht

and maximum

500 baht)

To transfer money to branches outside Bangkok and vicinity, there will be

additional fees, which are leased

line fee of 20 baht per transaction, and 10 baht for each 10,000 baht

transferred (minimum 10 baht and

maximum 750 baht).

Our correspondent banks in UK are below:

1. American express Bank

2. Barclays

3. LIoyds TSB

Should you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact K-Contact

Center at Tel. (66) 2888 8800 or e-mail: [email protected]

Yours Sincerely,

KASIKORNBANK PCL.

WilliamIV - thanks very much for that - much appreciated indeed.

I will speak to them again and when they tell me they dont what I am talking about and make me feel totally dumb - I will fax/email them this info and see what they have to say!

Thanks again - I will let the forum know later if any money actually arrives and at what rate.

Sorry to be a pain about this, but I just dont want to get screwed by the UK banks again.

I actually have a bank account with Barclays - would it be safer to go via the Barclays route for the Sterling transfer as that is one of the banks listed as a Correspondent bank.

I will be doing these transfers for many years to come (I hope!), so I am quite happy to put quite a bit of effort into this to get it right.

Thanks again for the advice.

• 11 months later...

This realy isn't a reply but rather I learning excersise; yet still on the subject to transfering money.

I have been reading with interest all the replies from informed people about methods of transfering money from UK to Thailand; irrispective of the bank to where the money is to finish up. Amongst other isssues, the contention I am reading is that it "cost a lot of money to transfer it over"

some background info about me: I am a UK borne national however, I have been living in Australia longder than I lived in the UK. I am able to claim a UK pension of which I have put off claiming for a few years. Anyways for reason that I will not go into here, I don't want the UK pension going into Australia. I do not have a bank account in UK. I do have a bank account in Thailand with the Bngkok bank Chiang Mia branch. I have a thai wife and after her permanent residents multiple entery visa has been granted (approx march 2010); we plan to return to Thailand and take up residence in Chiang Mai. My wifes familly live in Chiang Mai, I have had registerd post sent to me in Thailand via Australia post and I have had no difficulties in receiving mail.

My Question is 2 fold. 1- Will the UK pension service issue a UK bank cheque made out in Pouds sterling currency payable every 12 weeks into my bangkok bank account? 2- would they mail the cheque registerd post to my wifes family address in Chiang mai after which they would then pay it into my pass book that they are holding on our behalf?

Do I trust them deffinately. has any one done this before - constructive comments please.

planning for the future.

ThaiItAgain :o

This really isn't a reply but rather I learning exercise; yet still on the subject to transferring money. I have been reading with interest all the replies from informed people about methods of transferring money from UK to Thailand; irrespective of the bank to where the money is to finish up. Amongst other issues, the contention I am reading is that it "cost a lot of money to transfer it over" some background info about me: I am a UK borne national however; I have been living in Australia longer than I lived in the UK. I am able to claim a UK pension of which I have put off claiming for a few years. Anyways for reason that I will not go into here, I don't want the UK pension going into Australia. I do not have a bank account in UK. I do have a bank account in Thailand with the Bangkok bank Chiang Mia branch. I have a Thai wife and after her permanent residents multiple entry visas has been granted (approx march 2010); we plan to return to Thailand and take up residence in Chiang Mai. My wife's family live in Chiang Mai, I have had registered post sent to me in Thailand via Australia post and I have had no difficulties in receiving mail. My Question is 2 fold. 1- Will the UK pension service issue a UK bank cheque made out in Pounds sterling currency payable every 12 weeks to my Bangkok bank account? 2- Would they mail the cheque registered post to my wife's family address in Chiang mai? after which my wifes farther would pay it into my pass book which they are holding on our behalf?

Do I trust them definitely?

Has any one done this before -

constructive comments please?

Planning for the future.

ThaiItAgain

Edited by ThaiItAgain