Swift Code For Kasikorn K-cyber Banking

This really isn't a reply but rather I learning exercise; yet still on the subject to transferring money. I have been reading with interest all the replies from informed people about methods of transferring money from UK to Thailand; irrespective of the bank to where the money is to finish up. Amongst other issues, the contention I am reading is that it "cost a lot of money to transfer it over" some background info about me: I am a UK borne national however; I have been living in Australia longer than I lived in the UK. I am able to claim a UK pension of which I have put off claiming for a few years. Anyways for reason that I will not go into here, I don't want the UK pension going into Australia. I do not have a bank account in UK. I do have a bank account in Thailand with the Bangkok bank Chiang Mia branch. I have a Thai wife and after her permanent residents multiple entry visas has been granted (approx march 2010); we plan to return to Thailand and take up residence in Chiang Mai. My wife's family live in Chiang Mai, I have had registered post sent to me in Thailand via Australia post and I have had no difficulties in receiving mail. My Question is 2 fold. 1- Will the UK pension service issue a UK bank cheque made out in Pounds sterling currency payable every 12 weeks to my Bangkok bank account? 2- Would they mail the cheque registered post to my wife's family address in Chiang mai? after which my wifes farther would pay it into my pass book which they are holding on our behalf?

Do I trust them definitely?

Has any one done this before -

constructive comments please?

Planning for the future.

ThaiItAgain

I am in the UK at the moment and get my pension payed directly into my UK Bank Account

I Understand this is not available to you,

but I see no reason why thay cannot pay your pension directly into your bank in Thailand

Sending Cheques would be problematic if indeed thay would send Cheques

I have tried to cash a Uk Cheque at Bangkok bank, and was told No Can Do

Maybee you could contact the Pebsion service in the Uk and ask them.

Thay are very helpfull. Just in case you do not have access to the Phone No it is +44 191 87777

C U in Chang Mia Maybee

I am in the UK at the moment and get my pension payed directly into my UK Bank Account

I Understand this is not available to you,

but I see no reason why they cannot pay your pension directly into your bank in Thailand

Sending Cheques would be problematic if indeed they would send Cheques

I have tried to cash a UK Cheques at Bangkok bank, and was told No Can Do

Maybe you could contact the Pension service in the UK and ask them.

They are very helpful. Just in case you do not have access to the Phone No it is +44 191 87777

C U in Chang Mia Maybe

KennKate

Thanks for that info. I have already spoken wit the pension service at length from Australia. They tell me that they do not pay direct into Banks in Thailand; they are not geared to that. The written information supplied to me by the pension service said that they also do not use Swift Code processes so that is the reason that I inquired about the registered mail. In replying back to the UK pension service I did send to them the swift code that is applicable to my bank in Chian Mai just in case they get as change of heart. but as of yet I have not had any reply from them. It usually takes about 28 days to get any sort of reply from the Pension service here in Australia I have delayed taking my pension for about 5 years. The last communication over the phone with them; I was told the my case would not be looked at before Jan 2009 and then it would go to the inland revenue. Whats another few months delay Mia pen Ari

:o:D