SURVEY: Should foreigners in or coming to Thailand be required to be vaccinated?

Scott

SURVEY: Should foreigners in or coming to Thailand be required to be vaccinated?  

241 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted 1. (had mine so its not really an issue).

BUT, 3.is kind of mute in my opinion and 1. should read :

Resident foreigners should be vaccinated to renew a visa, arriving foreigners need to show proof of vaccination, until Thailand has vaccinated the majority of Thailand has been vaccinated after which they could arrive without vaccination proof

I'm mid-way through getting vaccinated before i return back to Thailand - two weeks left and then i'll get the second shot and hopefully a bit of protection and hopefully return in July. 

I think everybody has a choice to get it or not, but also feel that those who opt not to get it, be it National or Expat (in any country the vaccine is available), should bear full medical treatment costs if they catch COVID as the facility was available to reduce the chances of catching it if they had received the vaccine.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

Most Australians will only be able to get the Oxford/AZ vaccine in 2021, so you’d think that should be good enough for overseas visitors as well.

AZ is the one being rolled out in UK, and despites strange age-related protestations from Germany is ruled appropriate for all.

i've had my first one  (age 65)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Read the writing on the Georgia Guide Stones, it is there for all to see.

Having never heard of them, i searched  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones#Inscriptions 

Quite frankly, they are open enough to take either way, so what might be your point?

It's a bit like Nostradamus - most of the predictions are woolly enough that you can interpret them to fit the circumstances!

On 2/28/2021 at 4:56 AM, Scott said:

With Thailand starting the roll out of it's vaccine, in your opinion should foreigners in Thailand be required to obtain a vaccine if they wish to remain in the country?   Should foreigners be eligible to be a part of the local roll-out of the vaccine, or should they be required to obtain it from private health providers?  With a large number of foreign workers from neighboring countries in low-paying jobs in Thailand, should they be vaccinated by the government?  Chose the option that best expresses your opinion on the situation.  

Please feel free to leave a comment.  

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1207047-foreigners-should-be-forced-to-have-a-covid-19-vaccination-and-they-should-pay-for-it-thai-poll/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1207238-covid-19-vaccine-distribution-planned/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1207436-opening-up-to-foreign-tourists-thais-fear-vaxxed-foreigners-could-still-spread-disease/

Tell me where to get a vaccine in the North. 

It's perfectly simple..

Get the jab at your end or get the jab at Thailand's end-or the reverse if that situation applies.

Carry the appropriate medical documentation.

If-for medical reasons-you are unable to get the jab-have appropriate documentation and do yourself a favour and stay at home in whatever country you reside in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

It's very interesting how many people are willing to queue up to inject a substance directly into their bloodstream without an ingredients list or with just emergency authorization when it comes to testing.

Hope it works out ok ????

The ingredients and why they are  in there are available but even if you saw them - and there are more than you would think - doubtful you would understand it well enough to decide good or bad! My source is a YouTube video under the name of Professor Stick (a pseudonym but someone I respect)

Choices do not include "all travellers entering Thailand should have vaccination certificate and do 14 days quarantine" which is my choice. If vaccines are not available for expats then it should not be a condition of extension!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Choices do not include "all travellers entering Thailand should have vaccination certificate and do 14 days quarantine" which is my choice. If vaccines are not available for expats then it should not be a condition of extension!

I'm sure it will be available for expats, my guess is they are trying to determine how much they can extract from the farang-wallet. Here in Singapore it's free and we are currently getting the Pfizer vaccine with 3 weeks between shots.

Also get a free box of face masks and bottle of hand sanitizer.

Everywhere you go you need masks on, and a choice of the phone tracking app, or a token that can be scanned when entering any building or shop - this has reduced contract tracing to around 1.5days

Edited by Sjptain
added content
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

To stop there being any cases in the future?......just a wild guess.

Even if you start to vaccinate the people it will take very long to vaccinate all of them. And if the vaccination works only for a couple of month vaccinated people will lose the protection again. So it might be an endless procedure with no guarantee that the virus will disappear completely. Perhaps I don't see it optimistic enough - could be. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Yesterday on Front Line, Dr. Tony Fauci unequivocally stated that vaccinated persons could be infected and transmit the virus.  A vaccine doesn't confer immunity, just protection from moderate to severe symptoms.  There seems to be a lot of magical thinking about the power of a vaccine.  A vaccine isn't an innoculation.  It doesn't kill the virus.  The virus will continue on but if enough people are vaccinated quickly it should become less deadly.   That is not to say that variants such as the one in South Africa might not spring up and need to be dealt with by an enhanced vaccine.  COVID will probably be with us for many years and need to be dealt with by an evolving series of vaccines.

Yes, there is a big misunderstanding. The vaccination doesn't protect 100 percent and not forever. 

25 minutes ago, Sjptain said:

I'm sure it will be available for expats, my guess is they are trying to determine how much they can extract from the farang-wallet. Here in Singapore it's free and we are currently getting the Pfizer vaccine with 3 weeks between shots.

Also get a free box of face masks and bottle of hand sanitizer.

Everywhere you go you need masks on, and a choice of the phone tracking app, or a token that can be scanned when entering any building or shop - this has reduced contract tracing to around 1.5days

I'm an expat and I've had my first shot. 

• Like 1

Let's stop saying foreigners as though we have a disease already....please.

Should anyone coming into Thailand, returning residents or citizens,,? 

International business travellers? 

Or do we mean people of other nationalities who were born in Thailand, but hold another nation's passport/passbook? 

Should returning Thai nationals need to be inoculated? Should all Thai residents and citizens be inoculated?  

Or the tourists on sexy tour who may or may not be from a boarder town in Cambodia, Laos, Burma or Malaysia and can speak, read and write in Thai? 

Stop asking about Them!  

Stop being racial! 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Me too. I only got basic shots when I was born. None since then apart from anti rabies jabs when I got bitten by a sock looking dog here.

I had a lot of the common kids diseases. Got over then all quickly and no lasting effects. Had chicken pox, measles, mumps etc. 

Now I am 45 years old and have not been ill with a virus since I was a kid. I have never had the flu and rarely get a cold. I just make sure I am reasonably active, don't eat too much junk / processes food, don't smoke or do drugs and don't overeat. 

Me also, but I have had the first dose in the UK.

You will find it hard to travel, get into events, renew visas and probably get limited access to pubs and restaurants without the vaccine in the next few years, so the choice is yours.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

Me also, but I have had the first dose in the UK.

You will find it hard to travel, get into events, renew visas and probably get limited access to pubs and restaurants without the vaccine in the next few years, so the choice is yours.

I agree with you. But it's not right. It's basically blackmail and discriminating against normal healthy human beings.

If it was 100 per cent free and no one was making a profit I would be more inclines to believe their motives. 

I am not stupid and I know about the real benefits and tried and tested vaccines against really dangerous diseases. But I don't class covid 19 as such as it is now. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Tony45 said:

I believe all foreigners in Thailand should have the course of vaccines and be given the certificate to prove this. Payment is up to the Thai Government.

Yep, charge the foreigners to subsidize the poor Thai people. Don't misunderstand me I love Thailand and Thai people and see that the poorest of the poor need this freebie. I will gladly pay but don't tell me I am forced to pay or leave. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Number 1...of course.

Yet another racist survey. Number 1 can be taken as a racist statement as it doesn't mention mandatory vaccinations of Thai nationals. I will be getting vaccinated as soon as it becomes available to me for my age group (over 60) free or otherwise for the sake of my own personal health and safety, not because of what "ANYONE" thinks or wants.

• Sad 1