SURVEY: Should foreigners in or coming to Thailand be required to be vaccinated?

Scott

SURVEY: Should foreigners in or coming to Thailand be required to be vaccinated?  

241 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With Thailand starting the roll out of it's vaccine, in your opinion should foreigners in Thailand be required to obtain a vaccine if they wish to remain in the country?   Should foreigners be eligible to be a part of the local roll-out of the vaccine, or should they be required to obtain it from private health providers?  With a large number of foreign workers from neighboring countries in low-paying jobs in Thailand, should they be vaccinated by the government?  Chose the option that best expresses your opinion on the situation.  

Please feel free to leave a comment.  

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1207047-foreigners-should-be-forced-to-have-a-covid-19-vaccination-and-they-should-pay-for-it-thai-poll/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1207238-covid-19-vaccine-distribution-planned/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1207436-opening-up-to-foreign-tourists-thais-fear-vaxxed-foreigners-could-still-spread-disease/

1 hour ago, expat_4_life said:

I don't think any foreign resident should be forced to vaccinate, unless of course it's a part of a

vaccination program that requires the same of Thais. Residents are residents regardless of

nationality and should all be subject to the same rules.

I do agree with you but at the same time I imagine that it will be required for those extending work / retirement / marriage visas to show they have been vaccinated. And you just know that while resident Westerners might get vaccinated for free, if there is a group of Thais and a group of Westerners and some Chinese vaccines and some American vaccines....you just know that the Westerners are going to get the Sinovac jab!

• Sad 2

I chose no. 1 only on the provision that a suitable vaccine (not Sino or spudnik) is available before the extension deadline. Currently it appears earliest date will be April depending on availability at private healthcare institutions?

I would prefer a more proactive approach that when one appears for their extension at immigration that they are vaccinated by the Health Ministry if not already vaccinated (through employment, etc,).

Special visa members (Elite, Talent, etc.) would not be exempt.

That said, all IO's involved directly with visa extension applicants shall have had received their vaccinations and displayed a government certificate attesting such.

25 minutes ago, starky said:

Further to that countries like Australia, New Zealand are only going to cop you entering the country if you have had Pfizer, Moderna possibly Johnson and Johnson.

Most Australians will only be able to get the Oxford/AZ vaccine in 2021, so you’d think that should be good enough for overseas visitors as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I visit Thailand regularly and have been vaccinated but don't want to force residents unless the Thai Government requires it.  It's still Thailand and their citizens have the right to make that determination.  

• Like 1

It is a loaded survey, so I did not answer it.

All incoming people entering Thailand should show a vaccination certificate or do 15 day quarantine.

Residents over 68 need not be vaccinated but if they wish to travel internationally they

need to be vaccinated