People in Thailand urged to continue wearing masks, despite fall in new COVID-19 cases

webfact

A study published in found that at room temperature, COVID-19 was detectable on fabric for up to two days, compared to seven days for plastic and metal.

How Long Does Coronavirus Last On Clothes? - Health ...

I see a lot of masks on the floor/ground, the beach and in trash cans. What I don't see are those special containers for contagious materials like they have in hospitals. Neither do I see the special teams with special gear to collect it. Not in Thailand or any other place
Just asking myself

I'm going to continue to wear my upgraded, 0.2 micron, N95 (at least) mask when out and about regardless of the state of the presence of Sars-Cov-2. Why? Take a look at the Bangkok Real-time Air Quality Index sometime. For me, even "moderate" pollution is unacceptable. Even the allegedly "Good/Green", a Bangkok rarity, is not good enough for me because it's not based, usually, on 0 micrograms/cubic meter of PM2.5 particulates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaxYakov said:

I'm going to continue to wear my upgraded, 0.2 micron, N95 (at least) mask when out and about regardless of the state of the presence of Sars-Cov-2. Why? Take a look at the Bangkok Real-time Air Quality Index sometime. For me, even "moderate" pollution is unacceptable. Even the allegedly "Good/Green", a Bangkok rarity, is not good enough for me because it's not based, usually, on 0 micrograms/cubic meter of PM2.5 particulates.

Plus no allergies or Flu’s 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 2:14 PM, pikao said:

A study published in found that at room temperature, COVID-19 was detectable on fabric for up to two days, compared to seven days for plastic and metal.

Covid-19 virus has never been clinically isolated. It's on the US's CDC website.

Now it can be found on fabric, plastic an metal.

Strange world,

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Covid-19 virus has never been clinically isolated. It's on the US's CDC website.

Now it can be found on fabric, plastic an metal.

Strange world,

Strange world, because the US's CDC website quite clearly says here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/lab/grows-virus-cell-culture.html

SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, was isolated in the laboratory and is available for research by the scientific and medical community.

And there's a whole article here debunking the notion that the virus has never been isolated: https://fullfact.org/health/Covid-isolated-virus/

Strange world indeed.

• Thanks 1