People in Thailand urged to continue wearing masks, despite fall in new COVID-19 cases

webfact

I am NOT NOT antivaxxer, I am a man like take care my body and my health for everything and I am like much look and check what I give my body for drink eat and for medicine too, and I not want any problems, and if I have problems WHO HAVE PAY FOR ME FOR MY PROBLEMS FOR INOCULATE ME THIS VACINES ????  hope have understand me, I am NOT NOT antivaxxer, I am just want live the rest my life in good and not problems for medicines or some vaccines, 

and I like much this post replace same same my ideas,,

Meanwhile Dr Yong Phuworawan of the Chula virology department .... Regarding Sinovac from China he said it was right that the Thai PM Prayut Chan-ocha should not take it as clinical studies were still limited regarding efficacy for the over 60s.

This didn't mean that it wouldn't be effective, just that more studies were needed.'

Bingo! There you have it. He's right on this of course.

I'd like to add that it should be the right of everyone to choose whether or not to take any Covid vaccine, at least until they have been proven to have no long term negative effects. None of the vaccines fulfill this criterion yet and particularly note that the mRNA types are designated by the manufacturers themselves as 'experimental' until the end of 2023.

There are some numpties who call out anyone questioning the Covid vaccines as 'anti-vaxxers'. They like to point out that nobody questioned taking polio vaccines, etc., as if that somehow has any relevance to the situation today. It does not!

When my doctor have to give me polio and one or two other vaccines when I was a young child, my Mom and my Da speak much much and much with doctor for if the vaccine antipolio have and give problems kids, and doctor speak these particular vaccines had been around for many years and had been proven safe, as well as effective. I'm positive that she would not have risked taking Covid vaccines at this time.

I am certainly not an anti-vaxxer, but I am very careful with my health and at this time would not willingly receive any of the Covid vaccines. I believe that everybody should have the right to choose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

"He urged people not to gether in large groups and to continue wearing masks."

As shown in entertainment venues every night... 

"He urged people to report gatherings where people were not wearing masks to the authorities so that warnings could be issued. 

Simply walk around and look yourself. 

I don't understand this concept here anymore. Is there any? 

Just go into Starbucks and Fine everyone 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Antonymous said:
"Meanwhile Dr Yong Phuworawan of the Chula virology department .... Regarding Sinovac from China he said it was right that the Thai PM Prayut Chan-ocha should not take it as clinical studies were still limited regarding efficacy for the over 60s.

This didn't mean that it wouldn't be effective, just that more studies were needed.'

Bingo! There you have it. He's right on this of course.

I'd like to add that it should be the right of everyone to choose whether or not to take any Covid vaccine, at least until they have been proven to have no long term negative effects. None of the vaccines fulfill this criterion yet and particularly note that the mRNA types are designated by the manufacturers themselves as 'experimental' until the end of 2023.

There are some numpties who call out anyone questioning the Covid vaccines as 'anti-vaxxers'. They like to point out that nobody questioned taking polio vaccines, etc., as if that somehow has any relevance to the situation today. It does not!

When my mother (a senior nurse) decided to give me polio and one or two other vaccines when I was a young child, these particular vaccines had been around for many years and had been proven safe, as well as effective. I'm positive that she would not have risked taking Covid vaccines at this time.

I am certainly not an anti-vaxxer, but I am very careful with my health and at this time would not willingly receive any of the Covid vaccines. I believe that everybody should have the right to choose.

Quite true, you should have that choice. We should also have the choice of which vaccine we take, rather than be forced to take a particular vaccine over another, because its all that is available. If a full choice becomes available from a private hospital, that is where I would go, and willing pay a reasonable price.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Oldie said:

"He urged people not to gether in large groups and to continue wearing masks."

As shown in entertainment venues every night... 

"He urged people to report gatherings where people were not wearing masks to the authorities so that warnings could be issued. 

Simply walk around and look yourself. 

I don't understand this concept here anymore. Is there any? 

Yes. It's a mitigation measure to prevent super spreader events. 

2 hours ago, sambum said:

PM Prayut was due to be jabbed with the AstraZenaca vaccine yesterday, Sunday, but this was delayed after a technical issue.

It wasn't a technical issue, it was an administrative blunder!

It was South Korea’s , not meant for Thailand so they awaited clearance , hmmm

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So you only care about yourself, eh?

@Jingthing have you always worn a mask, since you was small? if not then you are selfish as well. i dont get this you're selfish if you dont wear a mask argument all the lockdown junkies wheel out, no one was wearing a mask before covid happened so everybody has been selfish up to this point, cuz there has always been viruses about.  apart from michael jackson. funny everyone called him a weirdo for wearing a mask all the time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, Aomelia said:

In Central Mall today Pattaya , most Farang not have mask on just put on at entrance ,take off after entering  most Thais are wearing mask  , entitled Farang as usual 

@Aomelia does that make all thais who dont wear helemts 'entitled thais as usual'?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paulikens said:

@Jingthing have you always worn a mask, since you was small? if not then you are selfish as well. i dont get this you're selfish if you dont wear a mask argument all the lockdown junkies wheel out, no one was wearing a mask before covid happened so everybody has been selfish up to this point, cuz there has always been viruses about.  apart from michael jackson. funny everyone called him a weirdo for wearing a mask all the time.

Your points are so daft that they are unworthy of a response.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, connda said:

Never ending irony in the two-tiered system of governance when those telling you to wear the mask  don't themselves wear the mask.  Because well - they are special.  It gets tiresome finding pictures on the Internet of these 'elites' gathered together without masks while lecturing everyone else to wear them. 
Most people in our villages don't wear them - nobody is sick.  But by all means.   Show your support of the experts and conform.  Keep that mask on forever.  You'll be expected too.  The Hi-Sos.  Different rules.

I doubt anyone will be calling this snitch line though.

It isn't even clear there is still a mask law in place, other than that imposed by malls and certain other types of businesses. Each time there is a new outbreak, different provinces post new mask laws and the penalties for non-compliance, but no end date is ever given. Not only that but each of Thailand's 77 provinces have their own rules! Bangkok for instance, has never had a mask mandate whenever outside your home, whereas Samut Prakan has. Probably because Bangkok is the capital and "special" although parts of Samut Prakan make up the greater Bangkok metropolitan region. 

At least in Australia, it's very clear. Although Melbourne/Victorian residents were required to wear masks whenever they left their homes starting on July 23 for greater Melbourne and a little later for the rest of the state, at the end of November this was loosened to "indoor spaces only" and later on in December, just a few types of indoor settings. Masks were then required again in all indoor spaces and outdoor areas where social distancing is not possible starting days before New Year, followed by everywhere in public for a few days after a new cluster emerged about a month ago. However, after no new cases in the last 2 weeks or so, the mask requirements are back to just a few indoor spaces - airports, on board aircraft, malls, supermarkets, public transport. Clear and concise.

If Thai provinces are coming out with new notices (based on the ones issued around late December/early January) it must mean that prior to that time, there was no mandate, otherwise there would be no need for a new notice that clearly states (and I've read all of them) masks required from this date onward until further notice without a clear end date (which they don't seem to give) with the exception of those exercising and a few other reasons. You only issue a new notice in order to supersede a previous one.

Therefore, I assume that the first notices, which were issued in late March/early April 2020, were quietly rescinded sometime in May or by mid-June, and then Phang-nga came up with a knee jerk reaction to the one DJ case a couple of months later (I think it was in September). As if the "virus" could infect people 800km away in that province, when at the time, Kawthoung, Myanmar, just 200km north had more cases going, but given how "intelligent" this virus is, it can't cross borders so Bangkok, 800km away but in the same country, was seen as more of a threat than a city 1/4 of the distance away, because the latter is located across an international border. 

Therefore, I'd like to see up-to-date regulations, not recommendations, coercion or threats, on whether mask use is actually still compulsory, especially outdoors. Other than in Samut Sakhon I doubt it is. 

Edited by TheFreqFlyer
  • Like 1