319 Thais injected with Sinovac vaccine on Sunday, no severe side effects case yet

webfact

319 Thais injected with Sinovac vaccine on Sunday, no severe side effects case yet

hakan-nural-9c3C_KojYMQ-unsplash.jpg

Photo by Hakan Nural

Altogether 319 Thais, including Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, were given Sinovac vaccine injections on Sunday and, so far, there has not been a single case of severe side effects.

CCSA spokesman Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin ,who was among the 319 vaccinated group, said today (Monday) that the 200,000 doses of Sinovac vaccine from China have now been distributed to several provinces, including Samut Sakhon, Ratchaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Tak, Pathum Thani and Surat Thani and to be inoculated to high risk groups of people first.

According to the Health Security Act, in case of severe side effects from the injection result to death, permanent disability or serious illness requiring life-long medical care, the victim or his/her family will receive compensation from 240,000 to 400,000 baht. If the injection causes the loss of a limb or disability that will impact heavily on his/her lifelihood, the compensation will range from 100,000 baht to 240,000 baht.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/319-thais-injected-with-sinovac-vaccine-on-sunday-no-severe-side-effects-case-yet/

Logo-top-.png

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

According to the Health Security Act, in case of severe side effects from the injection result to death, permanent disability or serious illness requiring life-long medical care, the victim or his/her family will receive compensation from 240,000 to 400,000 baht.

We have the official cost for a life in Thailand. This is all anyone is worth.

24 minutes ago, webfact said:

If the injection causes the loss of a limb

Must check the scientific studies to see how many limbs have been lost to the Sinovac vaccine, oh wait, the Chinese have not published any studies! What lurks in them I wonder.............

• Haha 1

China is in Asia and developed a vaccine for Asians it may not work on us Westerners

PS.... for some of the hard liners here,  the above post may have sarcasm intent and absolutely NO racism intent at all

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, graemeaylward said:

Only 319 in one day!  My small town Health centre in UK did 1,300 in one day with a proper AZ vaccine, without side effects!  Clearly they need to get themselves better organised here and have every available nurse injecting patients which should only take a couple of minutes per patient.  Straight in and out.

They would run out of vaccines ........would not look good

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

The price of a life in Thailand, up to 400,000 baht !

That is only if your ugly

A pretty gets only 15,000 baht

CCTV footage shared on local media showed two unidentified men dropping the 33-year-old at the hospital around 6am, paying 15,000 baht (about US$500) to the cashier at the emergency desk and then leaving. She was declared dead a few hours later.

Death of a pretty

Edited by meechai

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Altogether 319 Thais, including Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, were given Sinovac vaccine injections on Sunday and, so far, there has not been a single case of severe side effects.

Human guinea pigs! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Side effects, in 2 hours??

Most vaccination procedures include an observation period - and this is part of the Thai process - right after the shot, to deal with potential allergic reactions including anaphylaxis.

Mild side effects (fever, soreness) are to be expected.

Is there some side effect you're worried about? It should take years for additional limbs to to start growing, in case that was one concerning you.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Pulling out all the stops then!!!!

3 days and no side effects? Fantastic . Would this be considered a long term study? ???????????? Also the use of the word "yet" is fairly ominous. Not one I would want used in conjunction with any vaccine tbh.

Edited by starky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Most vaccination procedures include an observation period - and this is part of the Thai process - right after the shot, to deal with potential allergic reactions including anaphylaxis.

Mild side effects (fever, soreness) are to be expected.

Is there some side effect you're worried about? It should take years for additional limbs to to start growing, in case that was one concerning you.

Soreness from the injection i can accept but you're telling me within 2 hours there's a chance of a fever,, really?

I find that hard to believe.

21 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Soreness from the injection i can accept but you're telling me within 2 hours there's a chance of a fever,, really?

I find that hard to believe.

It is quite common in many vaccines to get a slight fever. It has happened to me a few times.

https://www.healthline.com/health/pneumonia-vaccine-side-effects

https://www.vaccines.gov/get-vaccinated/for_adults

40 minutes ago, starky said:

3 days and no side effects? Fantastic . Would this be considered a long term study? ???????????? Also the use of the word "yet" is fairly ominous. Not one I would want used in conjunction with any vaccine tbh.

Its the word severe that concerns me.

no severe side effects case yet

• Like 1

Just now, Laughing Gravy said:

It is quite common in many vaccines to get a slight fever. It has happened to me a few times.

https://www.healthline.com/health/pneumonia-vaccine-side-effects

https://www.vaccines.gov/get-vaccinated/for_adults

Interesting.....i've had my fair share of jabs over the years and never had any side effects.

Just now, HashBrownHarry said:

Interesting.....i've had my fair share of jabs over the years and never had any side effects.

Everyone is different. I guess I am one of those that are sensitive but then again I feel the vibes from the wireless internet modem and gives me headaches????.

I know many people who have taken testosterone and go

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

My mate had the AZ vaccine on Saturday. Some pain/swelling at the injection site and a slight fever. Fine after 24 hours and a few paracetamol.

https://www.wired.com/story/we-still-dont-know-how-well-covid-vaccines-stop-transmission/

"The first, a leaked manuscript first reported by Israeli news site Ynet before being covered by MIT Technology Review, Bloomberg, The Financial Times, and Vox, found that two doses of Pfizer-BioNTech’s shot drove an 89.4 percent drop in infections—both symptomatic and asymptomatic—among vaccinated people in Israel."

"The second report, a preprint posted on The Lancet Monday, blew that glimmer of good news into a bigger flame. It described a Public Health England study of health care workers in the United Kingdom who’d received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, and who were tested every 14 days for Covid-19. The study found that in addition to making people less likely to get sick from the coronavirus—no surprise there—the vaccine sliced the risk of the recipient getting infected, period. By how much? Vaccinated health care workers were 72 percent less likely at 21 days after the first dose, and 86 percent 7 days after the second dose."

• Sad 1

Hope they've not employed this Thai army doctor to give the jabs:

Thai army medic in South Sudan dismissed after trying to sell fake COVID-19 vaccine

Thai Supreme Commander General Chalermphol Srisawat has confirmed a news report that an army medic in South Sudan had given injections of harmless plain water, claiming it to be COVID-19 vaccine, to 273 Thai troops on a peace-keeping mission under UN command last year.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-army-medic-in-south-sudan-dismissed-after-trying-to-sell-fake-covid-19-vaccine/

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Hope they've not employed this Thai army doctor to give the jabs:

Thai army medic in South Sudan dismissed after trying to sell fake COVID-19 vaccine

Thai Supreme Commander General Chalermphol Srisawat has confirmed a news report that an army medic in South Sudan had given injections of harmless plain water, claiming it to be COVID-19 vaccine, to 273 Thai troops on a peace-keeping mission under UN command last year.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-army-medic-in-south-sudan-dismissed-after-trying-to-sell-fake-covid-19-vaccine/

With Thailand being the hub of transparency, they forgot that The UN was aware of this and exposed it.

19 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

Only 319 in one day!  My small town Health centre in UK did 1,300 in one day with a proper AZ vaccine, without side effects!  Clearly they need to get themselves better organised here and have every available nurse injecting patients which should only take a couple of minutes per patient.  Straight in and out.

And they needed practice to get that many done.

I can really see vaccination in Thailand being a complete Cluster f##k

• Like 1