Visa Agent in Bueng Kan

Hello all,

I have not really posted on here because I usually get my information from most of you guys on here and since I am still in my home country I dont have anything really to impart here.

I am 55 and when things open up more, my plan is to come in on a Tourist Visa and convert that to a NON-O and extensions of stay based on retirement after that.

As the title suggests ( and I have tried to search the forum and elsewhere with no success ) are there Visa Agents in Bueng Kan.

I plan on doing it myself but I am curious in case something should go wrong.

If this is in the wrong spot please move it or let me know and I will delete and repost.

Thank you.

I believe there are agents in Udon Thani. If there are problems, you can probably deal with them. I seem to remember someone talking about an agent in Nong Khai also, but my recollection is hazy and I may be mistaken.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, chipkimberimd said:

Hello all,

I have not really posted on here because I usually get my information from most of you guys on here and since I am still in my home country I dont have anything really to impart here.

I am 55 and when things open up more, my plan is to come in on a Tourist Visa and convert that to a NON-O and extensions of stay based on retirement after that.

As the title suggests ( and I have tried to search the forum and elsewhere with no success ) are there Visa Agents in Bueng Kan.

I plan on doing it myself but I am curious in case something should go wrong.

If this is in the wrong spot please move it or let me know and I will delete and repost.

Thank you.

Edit: I meant come in on a exemption stamp not a Tourist Visa then "convert or apply" for a NON O.

22 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Do tell whats really easy about it? 

The whole process is really simple unless you are a total idiot.

Just ask Immigration and they will help you along the way.

They don't bite.

Edited by fishtank
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, fishtank said:

The whole process is really simple unless you are a total idiot.

Just ask Immigration and they will help you along the way.

They don't bite.

Maybe I,m an idiot then because that’s certainly not my experience.On an OA,extended twice by myself,never again thanks.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Olmate said:

Maybe I,m an idiot then because that’s certainly not my experience.On an OA,extended twice by myself,never again thanks.

You have the added complications of insurance requirements.

The op won't have this.

10 minutes ago, Olmate said:
1 hour ago, fishtank said:

You have the added complications of insurance requirements.

The op won't have this.

You mean its not easy then! ????

Do not worry. The meaning was

• For those with a Non O-A visa from home country there are insurance requirements (both for the initial visa and for extensions).
  • If you get a Non O visa at Immigration in Thailand, and subsequent extensions, the health insurance requirement does not apply.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

• For those with a Non O-A visa from home country there are insurance requirements (both for the initial visa and for extensions).
  • If you get a Non O visa at Immigration in Thailand, and subsequent extensions, the health insurance requirement does not apply.

Use an agent and the insurance req. is taken care of also.

11 hours ago, BritTim said:

Yes, this was one of the reasons I would prefer the NON O over the O-A.

Of course by the time I get there it could all be diferent but I am working with what I know right now.

I went to Bueng Kan immigration a few days ago and they told me that changing from visa-exempt to a non-O with retirement extension would be no problem. But I do have the 800K in my Bangkok Bank account. 

The people around here that I have spoken to that are using agents are using agents based in Udon Thani or Pattaya.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Issanman said:

I went to Bueng Kan immigration a few days ago and they told me that changing from visa-exempt to a non-O with retirement extension would be no problem. But I do have the 800K in my Bangkok Bank account. 

The people around here that I have spoken to that are using agents are using agents based in Udon Thani or Pattaya.

Thank you. I really want the NON-O for the obvious reasons. I do have the 800,000 THB deposit, but would prefer to purchase health insurance of my choice, if at all possible.

I have seen a Thai law firm that says they will assist in opening an account for 150 USD even on an exemption but I cant say if that's legit or not having only seen it on their website.

If so I might pursue that.

I will send them an email and see what the response is and report that back.

Not sure if I can post the firms name so I wont, unless a mod says it's ok.

I honestly don't want to get wrapped up in agents unless I have to.

Thanks again to all who responded to my post.

3 hours ago, chipkimberimd said:

Thank you. I really want the NON-O for the obvious reasons. I do have the 800,000 THB deposit, but would prefer to purchase health insurance of my choice, if at all possible.

I have seen a Thai law firm that says they will assist in opening an account for 150 USD even on an exemption but I cant say if that's legit or not having only seen it on their website.

You will probably get some resistance when trying to open an account on a tourist entry. At some bank branches, mentioning a willingness to buy the bank's accident insurance (which can mean commissions for the staff who sell it to you) can overcome the objections. I have seen this work very recently at a Bangkok Bank branch. The insurance cost about 4,000 baht and the account is a perfectly normal and fine savings account.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, chipkimberimd said:

Thanks again to all who responded to my post.

Law firm = expensiveagent re visa matters IMO! 

8 hours ago, chipkimberimd said:

Sounds like SL. In any event there are posts in another thread where this service was used and was very efficient.

Obtaining non O from visa exempt or TV entry is popular right now due to closed borders. One hitch was the lack of Thai bank account and difficulty opening one. I will be suggesting to folk in that situation to use agent for the bank account then obtain the non o themselves. 

• Like 1