Importing Food

phills2k1

Sorry if this is the wrong forum

Wanted to have sichuan peppercorns sent here from the US.  I'd found an importer there that was able to get them uncooked, and multiple varieties (as opposed to the ones here that are cooked prior to shipping and lose most of their flavor and luster).  Also wanted to have aged soybean paste sent along with it.  Is this something that could be an issue?  Everything will be in their original packaging

Thanks!

I think technically it would have to be Thai FDA approved, but if you send it by regular post it might not even be checked, and in case it is checked but they see that it's only a small amount which seems reasonable for personal use they will probably not give you problems.

I receive food products, in their original packaging several times a year.  Just be sure they can stand up to the rigors of rough handling by the postal system.  Once I ordered canned products and the supplier just placed the cans in a box -- no internal padding, so the cans rolled around inside the box.  By the time I received them, every can was dented.  At least there wasn't a duty charged because they were sent by the postal system.

11 hours ago, phills2k1 said:

Thank you!  So just have it sent here Priority from the USPS?

Guess I'll also start a thread in the international food forum, but anyone know of where to get fresh Sichuan peppercorns in BKK?

If you mean Priority Express International, I think that would work out quite expensive for the small amounts you're wanting to buy.

Edited by Mark1066