Share your covid vaccine experience.

sirineou

There is a lot of misinformation on the news and social media concerning the Covid 19 vaccine, and frankly I was a bit concerned about getting mine, but being more concerned about dying, or becoming seriously sick, Three days ago I bit the bullet , stuck my arm out, and got the first Pfizer shot (second scheduled for April 2). I have to tell you, I was pleasantly surprised, I hardly feel the jab. to the point that I asked the nurse, if that was it?  for five hours I felt nothing, them it hurt a little on the area of the jab but very little and it was gone  by the next day. 

Of course we are all different, and some might not be as lucky, I know of one who had a red welt after taking the moderna shot, My neighbor's arm hurt for a week, etc. 

Here in the US we had 70 million shots administered and the negative reactions are  few  , to be statistically negligible, and as far a deaths are concerned  None was directly attributed to the vaccine , NONE . https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-no-links-found-between-vaccination-and-deaths/a-56458746  

So to give a cleared picture, from those who actually had the Covid 19 vaccine. What is your personal experience? 

Edited by sirineou
typo
  • Thanks 1

Almost a non-experience!

In UK, booked on the NHS website as soon as it was announced that my age group was eligible. Offered many locations, chose one that's just a mile from home; then offered many choices of dates and times for my first shot.

Chose 18th February at a convenient time. Website then offered many choices of dates and times for my second shot and, as expected these were from 6th May onwards. I chose 6th May, again at a convenient time.

Received email and SMS confirmation of both almost immediately.

On 18th February presented myself at the centre, wearing a mask and showed the confirmation on my phone to a marshal, directed to the correct door. Someone confirmed my details and gave me a fact sheet about the AZ vaccine, directed me to a seat. As people entered the waiting area we were ushered along lines of seats spaced apart until we reached the vac area. Another round of questions was asked - some sort of survey. Upon being invited into the vac area,  another quick ID check, injected, card issued and at my request, the Nurse filled in my old vaccination card.  Told to wait in another seating area for 15 minutes before leaving...that was it.

After effects: a slightly tender arm at the injection site, which continued the next day partly because I had slept on it - no visible mark at all.

Soapbox moment:

The bloody conspiracy theorists seizing on every anti-vax opportunity are, IMO total bottom-orifices! People like you @sirineou and I should speak up against them, encouraging the doubters to go for it!

I shall now step off my soapbox......Over and out ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pfizer...........never felt the jab, advised to sit down for 15 mins after in clinic..........bit of a sore arm next day, no biggie and a headache here and there over 48 hours with an unusual daytime sleep together with heavy nightime sleep with mad dreams 2 nights on the trot.......just perfect.............................

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Based on being stuck in UK.

Changed my doctors (southeast to North due to B and B), and got notice of booking jab 10 days later. Booked on NHS on line, but had severe difficulties booking the same place for 1st and 2nd jabs. In the end chose one 4 miles away, but what's a walk along the seafront ? 

Arrived an hour early, turned away, back 30 minutes, turned away, back 20 minutes left, turned away, back 10 minutes left, turned away, back 5 minutes left, turned away, 30 seconds left - accepted ! There's a lesson there !

About 15 people ahead of me. Chat with doctor, usual stuff, AZ jab done, sat 10 minutes and walk home.

Next few days had the chills, quite a thirst, right leg ached, and arm felt really really sore. All gone apart from the arm ache within 2-3 days. All people in the B&B had same effects. month later arms still aches a bit.

Next jab 27th April - other arm this time 100% :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2021 at 1:13 PM, bojo said:

Pfizer...........never felt the jab, advised to sit down for 15 mins after in clinic..........bit of a sore arm next day, no biggie and a headache here and there over 48 hours with an unusual daytime sleep together with heavy nightime sleep with mad dreams 2 nights on the trot.......just perfect.............................

Same here. I took a nap in the afternoon and slept for tour hours which was very unusual for me .

Slept very good that night also. Perhaps I should take the vaccine every day LOL 

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2021 at 12:49 PM, VBF said:

Almost a non-experience!

In UK, booked on the NHS website as soon as it was announced that my age group was eligible. Offered many locations, chose one that's just a mile from home; then offered many choices of dates and times for my first shot.

Chose 18th February at a convenient time. Website then offered many choices of dates and times for my second shot and, as expected these were from 6th May onwards. I chose 6th May, again at a convenient time.

Received email and SMS confirmation of both almost immediately.

On 18th February presented myself at the centre, wearing a mask and showed the confirmation on my phone to a marshal, directed to the correct door. Someone confirmed my details and gave me a fact sheet about the AZ vaccine, directed me to a seat. As people entered the waiting area we were ushered along lines of seats spaced apart until we reached the vac area. Another round of questions was asked - some sort of survey. Upon being invited into the vac area,  another quick ID check, injected, card issued and at my request, the Nurse filled in my old vaccination card.  Told to wait in another seating area for 15 minutes before leaving...that was it.

After effects: a slightly tender arm at the injection site, which continued the next day partly because I had slept on it - no visible mark at all.

Soapbox moment:

The bloody conspiracy theorists seizing on every anti-vax opportunity are, IMO total bottom-orifices! People like you @sirineou and I should speak up against them, encouraging the doubters to go for it!

I shall now step off my soapbox......Over and out ????

it is unfortunate that this thread was moved to the health and medicine sub forum where few would see it, Rather than the Covid 19 subforum where IMO it belongs. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sirineou said:

it is unfortunate that this thread was moved to the health and medicine sub forum where few would see it, Rather than the Covid 19 subforum where IMO it belongs. 

Absolutely,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,why on earth??