How Far Is Northeastern Bus Terminal

semper48

I land at the airport 12.30 and the last afternoon bus leaves the Kamphaeng Phet Road bus station at 14.00 for my Khon Kaen destination. Not much time unless they are right next to each other. Doable? Any other suggestions?

Someone suggested a taxi would work out at 2500 baht which is not a bad deal, seeing as we are 2 travelling together.

All input gladly accepted.

Getting to the Northeastern Bus Terminal from Suvarnabhumi is a bit of a trek across town..

The best way would probably be to bus/taxi to On Nut sky train, then change at Asok/Sukhumvit and get the subway to Kampaenghpet station, use the exit that puts you in the best position to get a taxi the rest of the way to the bus terminal - from memory It's probably the exit that is next to Chatuchak Market entrance.

It is very unlikely that you will have enough time to get there in time for your bus, especially as the traffic around the Sukhumvit area (on the way to On Nut) is very heavy, and at least 30mins travelling on the skytrain/subway

Totster :o

From BKK (Suvarnabhumi Airport) to the Northeast Bus Terminal ( 999 Khumphaengphet 2 Road, Jatujak, Jatujak Bangkok 10900 ) is ~ 35 kM, best way is by taxi, without traffic ~ 45 minutes and cost is 300 baht exclusive of tolls. It's all toll-/expressway so normally fast; I've done the reverse in 30 minutes by taxi. Assuming you're arriving on an international flight, so having to clear Immigration and reclaim bags, I'd say your proposed connection is not feasible. There should be other buses to Khon Khaen. The schedule I have (potentially out of date) shows a bus at 14:30, 15:30, 17:30, 19:30.

Taking a bus/taxi, BTS/MRT/taxi with luggage is a pretty preposterous suggestion.

Current bus schedules (in Thai): http://www.transport.co.th/default.htm

Flat rate for a taxi from BKK to Khon Khaen would be on the order of 3,500 baht per the printed card in metered taxis. You might be able to negotiate more favorable rate.

Taking a bus/taxi, BTS/MRT/taxi with luggage is a pretty preposterous suggestion.

That's a very good point, and one I overlooked.. however, I was simply describing a journey I have made under similar circumstances, In order to see if the timings were feasible.

Totster :o

From BKK (Suvarnabhumi Airport) to the Northeast Bus Terminal ( 999 Khumphaengphet 2 Road, Jatujak, Jatujak Bangkok 10900 ) is ~ 35 kM, best way is by taxi, without traffic ~ 45 minutes and cost is 300 baht exclusive of tolls. It's all toll-/expressway so normally fast; I've done the reverse in 30 minutes by taxi. Assuming you're arriving on an international flight, so having to clear Immigration and reclaim bags, I'd say your proposed connection is not feasible. There should be other buses to Khon Khaen. The schedule I have (potentially out of date) shows a bus at 14:30, 15:30, 17:30, 19:30.

Current bus schedules (in Thai): http://www.transport.co.th/default.htm

Flat rate for a taxi from BKK to Khon Khaen would be on the order of 3,500 baht per the printed card in metered taxis. You might be able to negotiate more favorable rate.

I see things clearly now. It will be the best way for 2 people to take a taxi negotiated down to say 2.500-3000 baht. Saving a lot of time and hassle and getting all the way from door to door.

Thank you for your help.