New requirement for 90-day reporting at Jomtien

Today I dutifully queued for 30 minutes to get into the building at Jomtien, upon asking for a 90-day ticket I was asked if I had "the photocopies"

Now it seems they want a copy of your passport photo and info pages, also a copy of the reporting form that they had stapled into your passport.

The photocopy shop was busy !!

The form I have stapled in my passport is from the online report I did last time. Would I need a copy of that. Also how many days after the reporting date is one allowed to be when visiting Jomtien immigration before incurring a fine..

12 minutes ago, lelapin said:

The form I have stapled in my passport is from the online report I did last time. Would I need a copy of that. Also how many days after the reporting date is one allowed to be when visiting Jomtien immigration before incurring a fine..

They will accept a copy the online report receipt.

You can be up to 7 days late that includes the day your report is due without being fined.

Maybe something to do with the whole Immigration website having problems.  I went to Jomtien last Friday and to my delight it was queueless.  I had to go to the shop next door and get the photocopies you refer to.  All told, in and out in 5 minutes.  As far as the slip for the date of your next 90 day visit, the IO merely crossed out the relevant dates on my previous (on line) slip and wrote in the new date on the same slip.

It's a problem with their computer so this scene is temporary - yet somehow they still managed to ding me for late reporting ????   I was due to report in early Feb - during covid lockdown #2 - and while online system wasn't working. I thought/hoped they were being forgiving of visa issues during Covid lockdown. I was wrong about that.

Like to see an annual outage report for IM's 90 day reporting system like other Internet service providers offer.  Assume it's down now because of security certificate issues.  

image.png.7ffb6119a0cbe3ea6a2307eb1071ca7d.png

image.png.fbf078c3bbbd5f786408f39f0e3efe68.png

image.png.37a603324fdf9a8c7adca8e65dd1ef71.png

2 hours ago, davidill said:

I was there myself this morning and was told the the computer was down hence the need for photo copies to record visit manually.

It does seem strange, (like so many things here), that the computer system is still 'down'.    It's been 'down' for 3 weeks already that I know of!!   Does RTP not have a decent IT Dept who should have been able to fix the problem some time ago??!!    Ok!    Sorry!!   Stupid question!!

Whatever the real reason as noted it has been like this over a month I though by now it would have been taken care giving them the benefit of the doubt instead of just bashing them to death.

I was criticized by an Anal Aussie ( you know who you are )???? giving them the benefit of the doubt since the problem has existed for a while even stupid could fix this problem? 

Meantime, if you don't want to stand in line, have copy of your picture page passport and your last 90 report slip and sign them.  They will gather everything bring it into the office and do it manually and return them to you outside. All they do is cross off your staple 90 slip on your passport and write in a new date. ????

On 3/15/2021 at 5:04 PM, lelapin said:

Had to supply photocopies at smaut prakan for several years, nothing to do with computer saying no. What the point of it is remains a mystery

22 hours ago, phetchy said:

Maybe something to do with the whole Immigration website having problems.  I went to Jomtien last Friday and to my delight it was queueless.  I had to go to the shop next door and get the photocopies you refer to.  All told, in and out in 5 minutes.  As far as the slip for the date of your next 90 day visit, the IO merely crossed out the relevant dates on my previous (on line) slip and wrote in the new date on the same slip.

what time did you go? 

1 hour ago, piston broke said:

Bloke down our way uses one of them Agents .....

They do the 90 day reports for free........just drop the passport off in the morning, collect the following day .....

Not bin to Jomtien for years .....

Agents normally charge 500 baht

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

what time did you go? 

Around 10 am.  I assumed I'd have time for breakfast at Simple Simon's, but burger me, the IO process was too quick and I made do with a couple pies from Tinnies Gourmet Pie Boutique - Beef, cheese and bacon - 150 ฿, melts in your mouth - yummy.

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Another reason to report online...no copies of anything necessary. Why are people still doing 90 day reports in person?

Because the online system is down.

I went last week and didn't have to have copies of anything.  But, did have to wait some 45 minutes in line just to get in.  Bloody hot under that big tent.  And zip social distancing.

I am glad that now that Chiang Mai Immigration require only the completed form, your passport and the  previous 90 days receipt.

They even have a drive-in window for 90  days. . Car and motorcycle accepted.

4 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Another reason to report online...no copies of anything necessary. Why are people still doing 90 day reports in person?

because the online server has been out for a few weeks now.  Bummer. 

3 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I went last week and didn't have to have copies of anything.  But, did have to wait some 45 minutes in line just to get in.  Bloody hot under that big tent.  And zip social distancing.

i go in person....then I know I have signed in.....usually in and out within 10 to 15 minutes.......so no PROBLEM for me......and I only live 2kms from soi 5 jomtien !!!!

3 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

i go in person....then I know I have signed in.....usually in and out within 10 to 15 minutes.......so no PROBLEM for me......and I only live 2kms from soi 5 jomtien !!!!

12 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Have marriage extension due 26th this month. So after reading the above posts will do the 90days report (usually done online) at the same time even though its scheduled date is April 19th.

The earliest you can do a 90 day report is 15 days before the report date that includes that day in the count.

Best to wait until later since online reporting will hopefully be working by then.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The earliest you can do a 90 day report is 15 days before the report date that includes that day in the count.

Best to wait until later since online reporting will hopefully be working by then.

Ok, thanks Joe.

I'll take the papers for the 90 days report anyway as it's no problem to stuff them in with the rest. Then try it on.

If they say yes, great, if not I'll try online later or if still not working just go back the their office around the 19th.

Archived