Non o multi entry extension, with covid new rules.

Hi guys. For many years, I have done the Savannakhet trip. 1 year multi entry non o, based on  marriage. But been stuck in Australia since April. I came back to Thailand mid dec, on a multi non o from Aus embassy. Also one year. I was at Thai immigration in Sisaket last week, and was told that I need to go through the normal ext process.

My amphur are giving me a hard time, as we were married in Aus. I have marriage cert, and certified translation. But they say I have to have stamp from Aus. Surely this is wrong. Sorry. Forgot to mention, chasing kor ror 2. After being knocked back again, I checked passport, and see this stamp

I thought I would just get another stamp. I seeded the money early, so thats not the problem. Just this kor ror 2. Also have to provide dead husbands death cert, and marriage cert. Sounds like <deleted> to me 

8 minutes ago, Goanna said:

My amphur are giving me a hard time, as we were married in Aus. I have marriage cert, and certified translation. But they say I have to have stamp from Aus.

You will have to register your foreign marriage at the Amphoe and you will be issued a Kor Ror 22 foreign marriage registry that immigration will accept.

Your marriage certificate has to be legalized by the Australian embassy. Info is on this page of the embassy website. https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Notarial_Services.html

From that page. 

"Notarial Services available include:

• Issuing an Authentication or Apostille certificate (verifying a signature, stamp or seal on an Australian public document)"

Has the translation of your marriage certificate been certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok?

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Doesn't a ME non O based on marriage give you stays of up to 90 days, then you need to exit Thailand? I'm confused. Why did you obtain that visa. Why not a non o (marriage)

They both are used for marriage - ME just allows 90 day exits/entries for a year or extension of any entry where the single entry O would be one entry and leave or extend - likely he had hopes borders would be open to use entries rather than require extension.

Ok. Thank you. They said I had to get a stamp from Australia. Now I understand. Thank you all for your help. I will chase it up with the embassy., And or mfa. My last day is tomorrow, so maybe I will run a bit over 

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will have to register your foreign marriage at the Amphoe and you will be issued a Kor Ror 22 foreign marriage registry that immigration will accept.

Your marriage certificate has to be legalized by the Australian embassy. Info is on this page of the embassy website. https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Notarial_Services.html

From that page. 

"Notarial Services available include:

• Issuing an Authentication or Apostille certificate (verifying a signature, stamp or seal on an Australian public document)"

Has the translation of your marriage certificate been certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok?

No. I got the translation done 8 years ago, by an agent near vfs. Then came home, and let them lodge it. They queried the occupation of operator. It should have been mobile equipment op, or any other bloody thing, but they knocked it back for that.

9 minutes ago, Goanna said:

Ok. Thank you. They said I had to get a stamp from Australia. Now I understand. Thank you all for your help. I will chase it up with the embassy., And or mfa. My last day is tomorrow, so maybe I will run a bit over 

I think you will have to get new translation of your marriage certificate after it is authenticated and then have it certified by the Department of Consular Affairs (DCA). Info in Thai is here on the DCA website. 

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife to get more time to sort out the paperwork.

11 minutes ago, Goanna said:

No. I got the translation done 8 years ago, by an agent near vfs. Then came home, and let them lodge it. They queried the occupation of operator.

As I wrote before I am sure you will need get a new translation done. If something is not correct the DCA will ask it be corrected.

38 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Doesn't a ME non O based on marriage give you stays of up to 90 days, then you need to exit Thailand? I'm confused. Why did you obtain that visa. Why not a non o (marriage)

Because I needed to stay more than 90 days. The last eight years I have done 1 year multies, because I come and go a lot. I thought because of covid, I might just get an automatic extension, same as every other <deleted>. My mistake. I will just have to resolve this situation now. Now that I have some direction.

Just now, lopburi3 said:

But can he?  The issue seems to be he has no documented wife here yet.

Or a covid visa ext. I have 4 multi visa in this new passport. Obv, I have not yet needed to supply this info. Anyway, plodding along the path. Thank you.

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

But can he? 

There is no requirement to have his marriage registered at a Amphoe to get the 60 day extension. Same for the Kor Ror 22 (or Kor Ror 2 for marriages here).

He could also apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension now.

42 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

ME just allows 90 day exits/entries for a year or extension of any entry where

Thanks for confirming that. So begs the question why would anyone in current situation apply for that visa. Not having a crack at folk using ME previously but surely a different visa would have been better option. Non O (marriage). 

32 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for confirming that. So begs the question why would anyone in current situation apply for that visa. Not having a crack at folk using ME previously but surely a different visa would have been better option. Non O (marriage). 

But it is the same visa.  Yes the cost might be less for single entry but if borders had opened he would have had to depart and obtain a new visa to return - with the ME he could have just crossed border and returned.   Luck of the draw borders are still closed so neither option open and extension of stay is required.

Yes, I was optimistic, thinking that due to borders being closed, immigration would just stamp it. Such is life..

Today I got a 2 month extension from Sisaket immi, and now can make a plan to get our Australian marriage cert and translation verified at the Aus Embassy bkk. I am happy now that I understand the reason why the amphur wouldn't do the kor ror 22. 

Thanks for the guidance guys.

Archived