DSI Finds Aliens with Thai ID and Illicit Business

webfact

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

The same people getting them their fake ID's are now kicking them out because they are doing business better then them . First they bended over backwords to get them in to invest money in the country , now they grew bigger then they expected they have to call a halt to it. Who else thinks there are much more chinese given fake ID's to buy whole condo buildings and property just to allow them to bring their money here . Now this has come out i hope the news hasn't reached china yet because they will be more carefull in the future where to invest . Everything is thai first here and that will kick them in the face at the end .

I doubt it's the same people, I don't think the DSI hand out ID's. As for "doing better business" the track record of the Chinese guy in question would render that an unlikely scenario.

15 hours ago, KC 71 said:

Most of my Wife's Tribe got given Thai Id some yrs ago. Its quite funny cos all my Thai friends in this locality seem to share the same birthday (Jan 1st) on fb etc ????

same as all bar girls depict their education as "bachelor degree" on ThaiFriendly

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Antifreeze said:

How are Thais supposed to improve your their skills if knowledgeable foreigners cannot own a business and show how to perform a particular task? 

Right now foreigners cannot be majority owners in businesses and cannot perform specific tasks. 

The problem with this is perhaps we don't want the skills or barbarity of these fake Thais. If they buy IDs of dead people, what else might they do?

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Evidence showed that after receiving Thai citizenship, the man opened a company to do the business that is actually reserved for Thais

The swine! A Thai citizen stealing jobs reserved for Thai citizens. You've gone too far this time Sir Percy!

5 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

This is basically licenced xenophobia with the usual hefty spoonful of paranoi..........       

And this is the country you want to retire in ?     

To me, there seems to be just as much paranoia among foreigners about Thai intentions as the Thais themselves.

18 hours ago, KC 71 said:

Most of my Wife's Tribe got given Thai Id some yrs ago. Its quite funny cos all my Thai friends in this locality seem to share the same birthday (Jan 1st) on fb etc ????

Moms got pregnant during Songkran and child born 2 weeks premature. That sounds plausible.

Article makes zero sense....he acquired Thai citizenship entered into a business only allowed for Thais and that is somehow a criminal violation? OR did he use a fake Thai ID and enter into a business reserved only for Thais? Who wrote this story??

On 3/16/2021 at 3:22 PM, JoePai said:

after receiving Thai citizenship, the man opened a company to do the business that is actually reserved for Thais

Sorry, do not understand, if he is a Thai citizen then he is a Thai - or maybe he is the wrong colour or wrong shaped nose/eyes etc?

Same same but still not same !

7 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

I doubt it's the same people, I don't think the DSI hand out ID's. As for "doing better business" the track record of the Chinese guy in question would render that an unlikely scenario.

Maybe your right but i am not only talking about this guy there are many others , or you think there is just 1 chinese person in this country ?? 

On 3/16/2021 at 9:22 AM, JoePai said:

after receiving Thai citizenship, the man opened a company to do the business that is actually reserved for Thais

Sorry, do not understand, if he is a Thai citizen then he is a Thai - or maybe he is the wrong colour or wrong shaped nose/eyes etc?

Exactly.. I thought the whole point (apart from being able to own land without a strawman LTD and/or having to rely on the Thai wife/gf, and such..) of becoming a Thai national, was so you could make your (not "you" personally) dreams of becoming a Tuk Tuk driver a reality?!

11 hours ago, rosst said:

I would be more interested in the investigation of where they got the false documents? 

Numerous reports from the last 5-10 years. Usually involves a district office somewhere in the North. And always involves Chinese - not heard about it done for a farang. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw

The Thai government does not give to foreigners the same rights Thai's enjoy in their countries. There are no restrictions in the UK or European countries to a Thai citizen who legally entered the country and had a child by a resident or was married to a resident to work or any entitlements of a citizen of that country. Thailand on the other hand will give no right for a father or mother to work to support their mixed nationality child by whose right under God is theirs. They defy god and his commandments by not affording those who they welcome under their roof with the means to support themselves and their families but instead drain their wealth accumulated over many years so that they have to leave the country and their children/wife/ partner destitute and without love and support. The policies of the Thai government destroys and impoverishes families. 

On 3/16/2021 at 3:09 PM, YetAnother said:

to some thai people, maybe many, everything affects 'national security'; so much so, that the phrase means nothing now

Just like in almost every country these days, who seek to deflect from their own inadequacies.

If you were not a Thai born in Thailand, you can legally get an ID card, which you have to renew every year.

I may be mistaken, but I think you can also become a Thai citizen , and get a Thai passport, but you still have

to renew your citizen status each year or risk losing that status.  I am not surprised of people getting some fake Thai Ids as

well , because , well,  it is Thailand.  So expats are not the only people in Thailand who have to jump through hoops to remain in

Thailand.  Just one of the many reasons that I just visit Thailand on a visa of some sort and will never become an expat

or a long stay tourist.  Just my 2 cents worth on this topic.

Geezer

9 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

The Thai government does not give to foreigners the same rights Thai's enjoy in their countries. There are no restrictions in the UK or European countries to a Thai citizen who legally entered the country and had a child by a resident or was married to a resident to work or any entitlements of a citizen of that country. Thailand on the other hand will give no right for a father or mother to work to support their mixed nationality child by whose right under God is theirs. They defy god and his commandments by not affording those who they welcome under their roof with the means to support themselves and their families but instead drain their wealth accumulated over many years so that they have to leave the country and their children/wife/ partner destitute and without love and support. The policies of the Thai government destroys and impoverishes families. 

There are laws from the Pibulsonggram era (1930s) that prohibit foreigners from certain professions: barber, farmer. Sadly the law did not list banker, rice miller, and such.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 3:54 AM, Antifreeze said:

How are Thais supposed to improve your their skills if knowledgeable foreigners cannot own a business and show how to perform a particular task? 

Right now foreigners cannot be majority owners in businesses and cannot perform specific tasks. 

Exceptions for US citizens

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 5:40 AM, placnx said:

There are laws from the Pibulsonggram era (1930s) that prohibit foreigners from certain professions: barber, farmer. Sadly the law did not list banker, rice miller, and such.

What has that to do with the injustice I spoke of?

51 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

What has that to do with the injustice I spoke of?

I am talking about certain key professions, not any profession. These key professions have had a role in dispossessing too many people from their land, and Thailand historically was an agricultural country. This process continues with landless people being moved onto reserved land and given conditional title. The cycle then restarts.

You spoke of injustice to foreigners, but it has worked the other way, too, to much detriment of common people. I'm not a historian of the Thai legal system, but the professional class, many who may not go back too many generations here, may want to preserve their privileges and ban competition from foreign professionals.