Bolstered by allies, Biden officials take blunt message to first China talks

webfact

3 minutes ago, sscc said:

In Alaska,  subsequent to China Envoy Yeng attacked American counterpart on subject of minding their own human rights in America,   USA Secretary said that USA got own issue about human rights w/racial problem and countered  that USA tackles the problem openly and transparently instead of sweeping under the floor mats.   

This was on Youtube,  you can look for it.  I saw it and wouldn't care to post link.  

Is this your idea of an apology? Did the Secretary of State apologize for criticizing China on human rights?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sscc said:

In Alaska,  subsequent to China Envoy Yeng attacked American counterpart on subject of minding their own human rights in America,   USA Secretary said that USA got own issue about human rights w/racial problem and countered  that USA tackles the problem openly and transparently instead of sweeping under the floor mats.   

This was on Youtube,  you can look for it.  I saw it and wouldn't care to post link.  

I don't see where he apologized.  And I've read numerous reports of the meeting.  None say he apologized. 

Links to social media sites aren't allowed here. 

Perhaps you're referring to this?

https://www.state.gov/senior-administration-officials-preview-of-national-security-advisor-jake-sullivan-and-secretary-of-state-antony-j-blinkens-trip-to-anchorage-alaska/

SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE:  Hi, operator, are you there?  I think we might have muted the speaker.

OPERATOR:  Yes, we’ll go —

SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICIAL ONE:  I’m – oh, I’m sorry.  That was me muting myself.  I apologize.

OPERATOR:  No worries.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Is this your idea of an apology? Did the Secretary of State apologize for criticizing China on human rights?

No apology.  But a very stern response to China's outburst.  Trump probably got his playbook from them, and Russia.  Deny, deflect, attack the source.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

The US does have issues with human rights. But it pales in comparison to China's. If you've spent a lot of time there you'd understand.

Don't understand your comment. I have spent time in China and I can tell you this, I am most definitely not a fan of the Chinese gov. I was merely pointing out how the Chinese were approaching the meeting.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Don't understand your comment. I have spent time in China and I can tell you this, I am most definitely not a fan of the Chinese gov. I was merely pointing out how the Chinese were approaching the meeting.

The Chinese people at the meeting were pandering to their leader, and the Chinese news media.  Trying to act tough with the US.  As you know then, hard to believe a word they say as the media is tightly controlled.  Basically a big propaganda machine.

China has a lot to answer for.  But I don't see them changing at all.  It's going to take some really tough talk.  And sadly, not sure that will work either.  No easy answers.

• Like 1