Body temperature

Parsve

How secure are the electronic temperature gauges we are forced to use as soon as we enter 7/11 or any other major retail chain? I come from a Nordic country and when I lived there my normal temperature was 37.5 to 37.8 degrees Celsius regardless of where or how the temperature was measured.

Here in Thailand I always have 36.1 degrees C. I have a hard time understanding why I would have a lower and constant body temperature in a warmer country. where I basically always sweat because my body temperature is too high.

6 minutes ago, Parsve said:

I come from a Nordic country and when I lived there my normal temperature was 37.5 to 37.8 degrees Celsius regardless of where or how the temperature was measured.

Here in Thailand I always have 36.1 degrees C.

I also find that mine is around 36.1 to 36.4 when out entering shops, however at home it is usually around 36.5 to 36.8, just took it and it is 36.6 so it might have to do with our bodies reacting to the weather while outside the car making our way to the shop, the body adjusting it's temperature, assuming it's not via an underground car park ? 

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I also find that mine is around 36.1 to 36.4 when out entering shops, however at home it is usually around 36.5 to 36.8, just took it and it is 36.6 so it might have to do with our bodies reacting to the weather while outside the car making our way to the shop, the body adjusting it's temperature, assuming it's not via an underground car park ? 

No, I never use underground car parks because of dark windows and bad light in the underground car parks.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Parsve said:

No, I never use underground car parks because of dark windows and bad light in the underground car parks.

I would suggest that is the body's own system adjusting your temperature, and as long as it's not reading a hot temperature, your good to go.

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

I would suggest that is the body's own system adjusting your temperature, and as long as it's not reading a hot temperature, your good to go.

Ok, maybe you are right, but that not explain, at least not for me, why my body would adjust to a lower inside temperature here than in my home country and always be constant. 

I've got a digital stick in the mouth thermometer,  a hand held digital and a digital on the pole thermometer.

Just checked all 3 and they're within 0.1 of a degree.

I find im normally 36.4 and the Mrs 36.6 when entering shopping centres. For some reason if working down the yard in the current heat my body temp tends to read 36.2

• Like 1

The normal body temp these days is about 98.2F or 36.8C (been going down over the years).  Hand/skin seems to read a bit low in my experience so in the 36 range seems to be good.  But you can fool the sensor if you held a hot or cold drink before check.