Brilliant idea for re-use of cardboard boxes

Yup, that would go down well with my grandkids. As it is they quickly snap up any sized boxes that appear from the various online stuff that we buy. They start using them as extensions to houses / kitchens / garages etc. As you say, makes a great change from losing themselves in mobile gaming, given half a chance.

• Like 1

Then when the children are finished playing with them they can be used for garden/window-box mulch. Place the sheets of the, by now, defunct Kitty house round the base of your plants and they will slowly rot down keeping weeds at bay etc.

• Like 1

They do not occur in Thailand but I had a great problem in Scotland with Cabbage Root Fly, they would lay their eggs beside the root of a young cabbage, broccoli or cauliflower and the hatched grubs would kill the plant. I cut up redundant cardboard to make collars to fit round the seedling as a barrier to egg laying. The collars were very effective.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2021 at 1:51 AM, Muhendis said:

Then when the children are finished playing with them they can be used for garden/window-box mulch. Place the sheets of the, by now, defunct Kitty house round the base of your plants and they will slowly rot down keeping weeds at bay etc.

This practice can be detrimental by restricting aeration for absorbing roots and beneficial soil biology, inhibiting water infiltration and nutrient absorption.  And the adhesives, waxy coating and print chemicals of some cardboard materials can be phytotoxic.