Netizens outraged at latest case of parking in handicapped bay - but this was "a government inspector"

webfact

4pm.jpg
Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that social media went ballistic at the latest case of a person who appeared not to be handicapped parking in a space reserved for those with disabilities.

But this was not at a shopping center or even the airport as reported recently - this was at the Thai parliament.

And the man who parked there was of the rank of inspector.

Two Mercedes Benz parked in handicapped bays posted online sparked the outrage along with a line from the poster that the driver of one - who appeared able bodied from the outside - had the rank of Sor Wor - short for "sarawat" or inspector. 

He just strolled off after parking.

Soon the hashtag that translates to #Why Bother To Have Inspectors (for the senate) went viral. 

4pm1.jpg
Picture: Daily News
Daily News published some of the comments from netizens though they blotted out some of the swear words.

One said: His mental health is handicapped.

Another said "no, it was his heart that was handicapped".

While a third went further saying: "I hope he gets to be handicapped one day, so he can park there to his heart's content". 

Thaivisa notes that the level of the outrage - always high in such cases when it is "Hiso's" - might be seen in the context of the popularity of the government among some onliners at this time. 

My gripe is that at age 80 and with some difficulty walking long distances, mostly what I see is the handicap spaces are filled with mostly 'GRAB' but also other motorbike taxis awaiting customers coming from the stores.  It also seems common with younger Thai drivers to use these spaces.  Store management says nothing they can do.  

Forget his car for a minute and have a good look at the photo. Where is that white car parked? On the footpath where the handicap person is supposed to use as access to what ever building they are at. So you have 2 handicap idiots the black and the white cars. Oh, to be handicapped and have a nice big towbar on the car and reverse into that parking sport in front of the white car. "Sorry mister but I am handicapped and my foot slipped off the brake pedal" 

Edited by Russell17au
  • Like 1

oh come on "outraged netizens.". Thai people  in real life hardly care or get upset about such minor details in ordinary life. 

we all know there are two groups in thailand to bitch and be cynical about thai officials about just anything; the noble farang and the red shirts.

nothing to see here...

1 minute ago, herwin1234 said:

oh come on "outraged netizens.". Thai people  in real life hardly care or get upset about such minor details in ordinary life. 

we all know there are two groups in thailand to bitch and be cynical about thai officials about just anything; the noble farang and the red shirts.

nothing to see here...

Pity full comment you made there, but nothing unusual you seem to hate most farangs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smiggley said:

How do you get a handicapped sticker here in Thailand? 

I always thought it was just a sign in Thai: "Do you know who my father is?"

<For the hard-of-learning: The text above may contain traces of sarcasm>