Does it matter where I apply for a covid extension?

I'd like to travel around over the next 2-3 months but would need covid extensions to make that possible. I picked up that some immigration offices have been refusing them while others are more laid back. Are there any specific places I should avoid? I'm thinking especially of the south of the country.

Thanks

Some immigration offices will give you an "under consideration" (14 days) stamp, you then have to get the full 60 days covid 19 extension after 14 days in the same immigration office where you applied. 

Edited by orchis
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Badger18 said:

I'm thinking especially of the south of the country

That does not narrow the field. List areas your are considering and you will obtain first hand information. For example if you mention islands in the south....just name them. All immigration offices are different. "South" means very little.

I know you mentioned the south, but... 

Even though I live in Bangkok, I have been using ChonBuri immigration for a long while. IMHO they are much more laid back than Chaeng Wattana and my experiences with ChonBuri immigration (Pattaya) have been excellent. (Not like I had any problems in Chaeng Wattana, it's just that I think for my like ChonBuri is the one which works best for me) 

11 hours ago, ctxa said:

Even though I live in Bangkok, I have been using ChonBuri immigration for a long while. IMHO they are much more laid back than Chaeng Wattana and my experiences with ChonBuri immigration (Pattaya) have been excellent.

Thanks for that. The one guy that seems to have had a problem applied in Sriracha, so maybe it's as simple as avoiding that one immigration office (or maybe he was just unlucky).

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

List areas your are considering and you will obtain first hand information.

I'd like to check out the area around Krabi and go up to Hua Hin.

4 hours ago, Badger18 said:

Thanks for that. The one guy that seems to have had a problem applied in Sriracha, so maybe it's as simple as avoiding that one immigration office (or maybe he was just unlucky).

I'd like to check out the area around Krabi and go up to Hua Hin.

Maybe not exactly where you're looking for but at least on the way from Hua Hin to Krabi...I did my extension in Samui few days ago. Super easy and nice officers, no TM30 required, no need to go back after 2 weeks. Everything is done on the same day. You fill the papers, leave them with your passport there and go back after an hour to collect it. If you go late in the afternoon (they close at 430) you pick up your passport the next morning. At certain hours it can get a bit busy, especially towards the end of the month, but other than that an extremely smooth process

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1