Video: Black car plows into motorcycles and riders waiting to do food deliveries

webfact

10pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Footage from outside the Song Pet Phalo restaurant in Wang Hin (we assume Bangkok) on Thursday showed the moment a black vehicle plowed into around ten motorcycle food delivery motorcycles and riders from several different companies.

The car drove off.

Fortunately no one was badly injured. 

A subsequent post from the restaurant owner yesterday (Sunday) indicated that the driver had surrendered to the police. 

They said they had been picking something up in the car and after the collision fled in a panic, reported Sanook

The owner of the restaurant thought there was a good reason that the driver had decided to go to the cops.

Their licence plate came off in the multiple collisions.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-03-22

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

If his number plate is off they know who's car it is. But he wont be in until the alcohol has left his system and good excuse thought up

If you actually read the article you would know that the owner of the car has already gone to the police. Probably a day later then the accident. Maybe like you said alcohol. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

If proven drunk, there needs to be jail sentences. There is no other way to send out the message to everyone on Thailand’s roads that DUI is unacceptable. 

Unfortunately in Thailand it seems it is acceptable.

Oldest trick in the book of Siam - hit, run, have a good night's sleep to sober up, take a shower, have a proper breakfast, then report to your kind police station of choice...

As long as this is regarded as trivial offense in Thailand, nothing will change ☠️

Edited by Freigeist365

On 3/22/2021 at 4:25 PM, hotchilli said:

Unfortunately in Thailand it seems it is acceptable.

The accident itself involves paper work / documents etc   send them to jail involves even more paper work &  documents, it won't happen due to lazy authoritiies, thats why things will never change

On 3/27/2021 at 9:08 PM, Andre0720 said:

and after the collision fled in a panic, reported Sanook

Panic surely resulting from the thought of the dreaded word 'responsibility'.

If I just ran over a bunch of motorcycles, I'd be headed away as fast as possible, too.   

Thai street justice is pretty well known for its ferocity and lack of proportionality to the offense.  

I'd be off to the nearest cop shop to turn myself in, where the mob can't get at me.