Donating/Helping prisoners

r136dg

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

So are you saying every person in prison is a murderer or drug dealer?

If so you are so far from knowing/ understanding things that happen in this country.

I was jailed here, after my ex paid the local police chief money, and after she stabbed me, my only crime was to push her over to stop her stabbing me a second time.

Read Darksidedogs post very carefully.

No some are rapists, scammers, arsonists etc. If you are going to help somebody help those innocent protesters arrested in the past few months, or at least find somebody who deserves it. 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

So are you saying every person in prison is a murderer or drug dealer?

If so you are so far from knowing/ understanding things that happen in this country.

I was jailed here, after my ex paid the local police chief money, and after she stabbed me, my only crime was to push her over to stop her stabbing me a second time.

Read Darksidedogs post very carefully.

They don't know col. Anyone in prison has wasted their life is no good and is not worth any help or redemption regardless according to them. You know I was in here as well we spoke about it. 

My father in law did 11 months because a connected bloke down the road didn't like him. 

Edited by starky
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:
17 minutes ago, starky said:

They don't know col. Anyone in prison has wasted their life is no good and is not worth any help or redemption regardless. 

This is not the case. What an ignorant and narrow minded comment. 

What an ignorant and narrow minded attempt to derail two posters comments; who obviously have the wherewithal to back up their claims.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I have been visiting prisons here for many years, and while I take on board the comments above about helping kids etc, I point out that around half of the people I have visited were not there because they did anything wrong. Some simply upset the wrong person (often the gf or wife), and others just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Regardless, the sentences dished out for often minor offences are extreme, conditions are disgraceful and helping your fellow man in a time of need is a wonderful thing to do.

r136dg feel free to PM me and I will see how I can steer you in the right direction. It is tough right now as visits are not allowed due to the covid scare, though this will hopefully change soon.

PM'd  Thanks!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UncleMhee said:

What an ignorant and narrow minded attempt to derail two posters comments; who obviously have the wherewithal to back up their claims.

Ahh I'm agreeing with Col. We both been in prison here that in case your ESL was sarcasm or maybe faecistious . How would I say kudos to the person who frequently visits prisons and then state those in jail are beyond redemption? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, starky said:

Oh my God I should have PM Colin directly he knows my situation do you? How do you not get sarcasm? This forum is such hard work sometimes.

Sorry. I only read the start and end of the thread. 

I read your comment out of context and did not know you were being sarcastic to another poster. 

Good for you...agree with your point of view. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/23/2021 at 8:27 AM, 1FinickyOne said:

I guess any good doing is good... 

who defines 'good'?  Sometimes 'doing good' is misplaced. They are usually in jail for a reason.  We may not like the conditions here, or the reasons for banging some people up, but they are sound ones to Thais and that happens to be where we are and the justice system we all live under, however dysfunctional we may feel it to be by western standards.  How do you pick who you support?  Do you support thieves, but not paedophiles, murderes but not child molesters, drug dealers but not fraudsters, westerners but not Thais?  As others have said, do good for those who deserve it, rather than those who may well not. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, starky said:

Ok so my father in law got stitched up for something he didn't do when he was young by a more powerful and connected person in the village he did considerable time for nothing. How does he fit into your theory. It would be insane to insinuate any one would offer assistance to paedophiles, or rapists or murderers you are using the furthest boundaries of crime to poorly illustrate a point. In this country a lot of poor people go to jail expressly because they can not afford the fine. Many also go because someone more powerful made it happen. In a class based society the poor get hammered the rich walk surely you can understand that. The narrative that everyone in prison in Thailand is no good or not deserving of help is fallacious. The OP asked specifically where he could help in prisons not be given lectures on whom he should choose to help. 

His reasons are his own and should be respected maybe ask Darksidedog he seems to knowledgeable on the subject.

Then your family should take care of him if that is the  case.  The OP is not talking about family, or about specific individuals.  he asked a general question and got a general answer. I would suggest that most people in Thai prisons deserve to be there.   You state:  that a lot of poor people go to jail expressly because they can not afford the fine. So? If a man kills another in a car that is uninsured, while drunk, a common enough situation here,  and its his fault, but he's too poor to pay the fine, do we let him go free? That is a false argument. Do the crime, accept the punishment.  If you can't pay you go to jail.  

There will be the odd exception, but the OP does not talk about the exceptions. Indeed, he doesn't tell us how he will choose who he helps and who he leaves to their own devices. If the OP ,didn't want the reactions, he should not have asked on TVF.  

• Sad 2

30 minutes ago, starky said:

Back to the killers and the drug dealers he got imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit they only reason I mention money is that if you are rich enough here the killers and the drug dealers do walk free . Where did I ever state the contrary. And again in Thailand it's far more than the odd exemption that get jailed in Thailand for no significant reason. But you obviously are happy for the rich to walk and my other points are falling on deaf ears so I'll just agree to disagree with your views on incarceration in Thailand 

As I said in my first reply, you live here, you accept the Thai justice system under which we all live.  No I don't agree with it all, but it is what it is. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

He said: "They don't know col. Anyone in prison has wasted their life is no good and is not worth any help or redemption regardless according to them. "

Your comment is malicious as you twist his words and condemn him.

I already said I misunderstood the post. 

Sorry, but it's not clear what it means if you just read that post alone.  Who is 'them' anyway....I now understand it was referring to another poster...but when I read it it sounds like he means the people in prison. 

Never mind. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

this is what i said... 

Not sure where you got any of this stuff? 

I help Thai friends who have orphanages, and many people who have had troubles just paying their rents during the covid period... I helped one friend who got stranded overseas... I have helped people who needed medical attention..

mostly I help family... 

Not sure who you rant was directed at? check your coherency switch and change to "on" - - before you take -off again.

I was debating the OPs post subject, something you have not done.  

Edited by Pilotman
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

this is what i said... 

Not sure where you got any of this stuff? 

I help Thai friends who have orphanages, and many people who have had troubles just paying their rents during the covid period... I helped one friend who got stranded overseas... I have helped people who needed medical attention..

mostly I help family... 

Not sure who you rant was directed at? check your coherency switch and change to "on" - - before you take -off again.

you are off topic, as usual.  I do wish people would read the OP before they start hitting the keyboard. 

• Sad 1