Pattaya sandbox: Proposal to allow foreign tourists to stay in resort without quarantine

webfact

42 minutes ago, Guderian said:

It won't happen because they'll trial it out first on the islands, like Samui and Pha Ngan, and when they find after a month or so that the virus is ripping through the entire population, even if they've been vaccinated, due to new variants arriving in Thailand along with the vaccinated foreigners, they'll realise that it's a huge mistake and shut it down.

For a change, Boris and the UK are ahead of the game, they realise the risk in allowing even vaccinated people to travel abroad to who-knows-what may be lurking out there. After their heroic and highly expensive vaccination campaign (£12 billion and counting, compared with the EU's expenditure of less than £2 billion, and yet they still whinge and complain, but what did they expect, cheap idiots) that should soon return large parts of the economy to normality, the UK government won't want to take any risks with new variants arriving against which the vaccines used may be much less effective. Sorry folks, but there won't be any holidays in the sun this year, and Thailand should get used to the idea.

Yes for the UK as they are currently an orange zone country according to Thai government  i wouldnt think they would be eligible.

i would think it would only be for Green Zone countries.

161658678_2828072740813826_8384613942244914748_o.jpg

162138040_2828072750813825_24313557473901090_o.jpg

29 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Why not just charge a surcharge for those not vaccinated, then an extra surcharge if you are infected with  covid??  The situation however becomes problematic when you start adding the very necessary dual pricing (well I think its more like 5 layer pricing now like in the hospitals) with a certain price for tourists, one for migrant workers,  one for Chinese, one for those with mustaches etc etc. 

Dont worry about the citizens, just get that foreign capital in by any means!

The surcharge is called "Quarantine !"

5 hours ago, najomtiensun said:

Er they mix with locals and the locals can travel Doh !

The level of intelligence, or lack of it is staggering, isn't it. I wonder how these people have enough brain function to breathe. Apart from what you point out, how do they propose to stop us nasty, diseased foreigners from moving around where we aren't wanted? Just incredible. And this guy is a billionaire! He obviously didn't make his money by doing anything that required common sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As almost always, I see posts from negative grumpy characters. I always wonder what their personal problems are.   Why not show a little optimism provided You at all like Thailand. Must admit I have my doubts occasionally !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1