Wanted: 2019 iMac 27"

Genericnic

Hi all. I am hunting for a 2019 (19,1) 27" iMac. Prefer new but might consider a used one in excellent condition.

I have checked all the usual places and have not found one. 

The reason I want this model is that it is time to upgrade from my late 2013 model due to doing more video editing. Mine will do it but takes forever. Also, the 2019 iMac is the last model that you can pop open and change out the HD for a lager version and add in a PCi card. The 2020 and later version have most of the stuff soldered to the boards.

Any leads would be appreciated.

David

p.s. I am in Chiang Mai but location in Thailand is not an issue.

Edited by Genericnic

On 3/27/2021 at 6:17 PM, jonwilly said:

Try taking your iMac to Magic, 3rd floor Pantip Plaza they changed mine from HD to an SSD. Good people know their job.

john

@jonwilly Thanks. Yes, Magic is a great place to take Macs.

I did luck out. Found a 2019 iMac 27" new-in-box out of Bangkok. Got a great deal on it. Now gathering the parts needed for the upgrade. Will most likely let Magic do it for me.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday night we had heavy rain in CM.

My Set Top box would not work, no downloads from Net.

I Called Si net and they sent 2 tech on Monday morning. After a hour they told me my Internet card in my iMac was defective and would need replacing.

I called Magic and the owner agreed to come around my place that night. He spent an hour checking and told me problem was my Norton security was interfering with my Download. O aked him to deactivate Norton, Now back to normal service. Very good people to deal with.

2 Speedtest before and after.

john

IMG_2691.JPG

IMG_2710.JPG

18 hours ago, jonwilly said:

He spent an hour checking and told me problem was my Norton security was interfering with my Download. O aked him to deactivate Norton, Now back to normal service.

My personal choice would be to delete Norton specially if you are going to keep up to date with Mac systems. I have never seen any need for an AV on any of my Macs for the last 3 decades and with the changes being incorporated into the OS setup including a locked read-only partition for system files any AV will have a hard time functioning and as you have found will slow you down.

• 4 months later...
33 minutes ago, MichaelSulz said:

Nice choice for video editing! I always said that mac is the best machine for the work.

is video editing your job? What software do you use? I need to convert VHS tape of my wedding to digital, can you help me with that?

24 minutes ago, PaulinaM said:

is video editing your job? What software do you use? I need to convert VHS tape of my wedding to digital, can you help me with that?

Yeah, I work with video. have you tried to stores that sell tapes and ask them for this service? Becaгse you will need a video capture device. A USB device, TV tuner, or frame grabber card), a VHS player, an analog cable, and a VHS-to-digital converter, like Movavi Video Editor Plus. I found an article that can help you better than I can https://www.movavi.com/support/how-to/capture-vhs.html

Edited by MichaelSulz