PCR Test Certificate - Original or email?

radjag

I am departing BKK for USA on Saturday with Japan Airlines. They have no real offices open any more - the English speaker I got through to was obviously a call center worker in India - I don't have a problem with that, except that he could not answer my question - Arrrrgggghhhh!

I just went and got swabbed for the COVID PCR test. Result promised for tomorrow morning, but it is difficult for me to go and pick up the test certificate. They will email it to me.

Is an email copy of the test report OK, or do I have to present the original test report at the check in counter at BKK?

My wife and I just returned from Texas on 19 March via All Nippon Air out of LA.  All we used was a printout copy of the email results from the Lab.  No one batted at eye.  Likewise, our fit to fly was merely signed by a 'doctor'......no stamp or anything official looking about it.

Pleasant journey!

1 hour ago, radjag said:

Is an email copy of the test report OK

Most people receive results via email so no problem there. But, you will need it printed, it's only 2021 so we still rely on hardcopies ????

• Sad 1