Hefty fines and jail time for anyone who breaches COVID-19 rules this Songkran, BMA warns

webfact

On 3/24/2021 at 2:49 PM, webfact said:

Violators of the measures face fines of up 40,000 baht or even up to two years in jail, the BMA warned, Thai PBS reported.

It's official - the New Normal dictates that from now until the end of time it will be illegal to have fun anywhere on the planet, and especially in Thailand. 
"Fun" is now illegal.  Jail and fines for anyone daring to have fun.

• Haha 1

On 3/24/2021 at 3:48 PM, JoePai said:

Excellent news, now put it into Law for every future year

Not your holiday, not your country, not for you to have any say in. The Thais love that aspect along with the many others associated with celebrating their new year. From the first time I experienced over 50 years ago, I still find it an absolute joy to see them revel in it!

If you don't like it, leave.

• Sad 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Sounds good...“Violator of measures”,  “years in hail”, “are prohibitibed”. “Ban of water”, “face hefty fines”, Mmmm...Wellcome to Songkran Festival. ????

Just another way of bringing happiness and reconciliation to the Thai people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yeeowww said:

Not your holiday, not your country, not for you to have any say in. The Thais love that aspect along with the many others associated with celebrating their new year. From the first time I experienced over 50 years ago, I still find it an absolute joy to see them revel in it!

If you don't like it, leave.

Why is there always someone who wants anybody that does not like something that "If you don't like it, leave."  So sad that people can not have an opinion and yet still be happy according to these types.  Yes it is our Holiday, we have chosen to live here, but the holiday it has become is not the cultural one that it originally was and it has turned into an all out drunken water fight.  So lets be real here @yeeowww.  I doubt that 50 years ago they were having drunken road closure water fights and dousing everyone and anybody for 3 to 5 days straight.  Time to tell the truth my friend.

• Like 2

Why is everyone up in arms and bashing each other. I thought that Songkran was originally a one day affair when a little water was sprinkled on the head. It was just Places like Pattaya etc. that it turned into a full week. The whole point is to let what they have been doing for decades continue. If you don't like it, well either dress accordingly and try to stay away from the main crowd, That way you will only get a little wet. The only objecting I had was when they started using Ice-water which had the possibility of causing shock to maybe some old or even young person. Heat and sudden cold are not always good mates Finally "When in Rome" springs to mind. Enjoy it

• Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 6:46 AM, Crusader said:

It's a bit like all the other "rules" in this country...very few take note of them because very little happens if they break them. 

If the authorities were 'on the ball' and punished all violaters...we might see a difference - but I won't hold my breath.

Yeah just like burning and trucks spewing out black smoke