Hefty fines and jail time for anyone who breaches COVID-19 rules this Songkran, BMA warns

webfact

1 hour ago, Crusader said:

It's a bit like all the other "rules" in this country...very few take note of them because very little happens if they break them. 

If the authorities were 'on the ball' and punished all violaters...we might see a difference - but I won't hold my breath.

Agree. Toothless threats issued on a regular basis.

• Like 1

Sounds good...“Violator of measures”,  “years in hail”, “are prohibitibed”. “Ban of water”, “face hefty fines”, Mmmm...Wellcome to Songkran Festival. ????

Edited by Tarteso
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, colinneil said:

OOPS looks like somebody is having a bad start to their day, go back to bed, rest for a while, then get out the other side,   maybe you will  feel better.????????????????????

I see that "doll" joined in 2005 & has made only 7 posts.

Makes one wonder...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

If I wash my car of water the flowers, am I risking jail?

Asking for a friend.

Typo, or is it the forum doing it?     OR not OF.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

Thailand, you love it or you leave it. (second today, I know..)

You have left a sad and gloomy country, where abusive regulations restrict any collective joy and you want to install the same rules here.

Once again come back, go home or elsewhere but do not come and pollute this happy country.

How do you know which country the poster just left?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fangless said:

Spoilsport!

I agree it is not appropriate to allow the "full on" Songkran this year but the Thai's should be able/allowed to celebrate their festivals their way!

Disagree. As the name suggests, this pandemic is a global event and what Thais do, or what happens in Thailand, will have effect all over the world

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Earlier this week, the head of the Khao San Road Business Association said the ban would result in around 70 million baht in lost revenue for Bangkok's famous backpacker hub.

Which is devoid of back-packers at the moment.

• Like 1

Do they not realize, with the rules for over 100 attendees, that it doesn't take that many to spread the disease? One person that has it can and will give it to any number of attendees, whether it's 5 or 300. Making an event plan might sound good on paper, but people here get very close to each other everywhere you go. Buses, bars, temples and especially eating sticky rice and sharing water glasses happens daily since the beginning of time and won't change. Thailand dodged a bullet earlier, where something positive happened here like a mild strain, extra sunlight, no hugging and a lot of face mask wearing. It could have been a disaster here with all the close eating that happens in every family, but the got lucky. Hopefully immunity plus the vaccine going around will ensure their, and our , luck stays good.

18 hours ago, fangless said:

Spoilsport!

I agree it is not appropriate to allow the "full on" Songkran this year but the Thai's should be able/allowed to celebrate their festivals their way!

Unless I'm reading things wrong, the Thais are allowed to celebrate their festivals their way, it is just the morons throwing water that is prohibited and rightly so.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Unless I'm reading things wrong, the Thais are allowed to celebrate their festivals their way, it is just the morons throwing water that is prohibited and rightly so.

Are you saying that most of the kids around my area are morons?