Rocker Sek Loso sent to Min Buri remand prison

webfact

On 3/26/2021 at 3:49 AM, RichardColeman said:

Something awfully wrong with the Thai legal system, that you can be convicted, sentenced and then allowed out on bail to appeal a turned down appeal to me.

It can be right too not only wrong. I mean if your not guilty even if your convicted then it means you can appeal. However many people who are definitely guilty get out and get bail. So I do agree with you in general. For instance that Mercedes killer of the two students is now still out because of ongoing court cases. But its clear as day that he was guilty. Bail should only be granted in cases where there is a good chance a person is acquitted in a higher court. But Thais seem to use it to stay out of jail and hope things will be forgotten. Once out of the spotlight of the media deals can be made. 

12 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

Why this obsession with Sek? He's a good rocker and good songwriter.... Jail for some dope... nah....

Think about Jimi Hendrix, Ozzie and Keith Richards among so many others....

Just give it a brake... Let creative people be creative...

Hand brake or foot brake?   LOL

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

Why this obsession with Sek? He's a good rocker and good songwriter.... Jail for some dope... nah....

Think about Jimi Hendrix, Ozzie and Keith Richards among so many others....

Just give it a brake... Let creative people be creative...

Some people won't be satisfied until everyone is as miserable as they are. They toed the so-called line, so, in their myopic world view, everyone else must suffer the consequences, of not joining in their insipid death march. Live and let live gains little traction amongst those who have been schooled in what to feel about every topic. Worry not, cosmic justice eventually becomes the great equalizer - pointing out, all-too-late, the folly of lock-step thinking when the tide turns against them; that is, if cirrhosis doesn't get 'em first. Long live K'Sek.

• Like 1

Let's wait and see what really happens. I give him 1 year and then out with an ankle bracelet and the big boys will try to take credit to being in with him to get the younger to middle generations likes. In my opinion there is no logic to the court system here. Perhaps only political manipulation that goes favorable for good media attention going either way for them. BTW.

It is an opinion not fact.

Sek is a legend ! Everyday his songs are played in the clubs ,bars and karaoke places through out Thailand !

Some people have to learn the hard way! Hopefully he will and conform enough to stay under the radar!

Looking forward to that day and seeing him perform again!

This guy has and had so much musical talent !

He has left a impression (musically )on my life  forever! Sounds crazy coming from a falang khee nok ...

Edited by riclag

On 3/27/2021 at 8:51 AM, Caldera said:

Interesting that a Supreme Court decision can also be appealed, I had assumed that's the end of the line.

I too wondered about that reference.... No court higher than the Supreme Court here in criminal matters, AFAIK...

The only other thing I can think of is a request for a pardon... but that supposedly only becomes possible after the convicted person has served as least a portion of their sentence... Supposedly...

On 3/26/2021 at 6:58 AM, PatOngo said:

Depends on who you are and who you know......oh, and how much money you have!

He was too public in his rebellion aganist authority. Before the house search he had shot off a gun at a temple and had a drug charge years back. There was no incentive to cut this bad boy any slack

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 3:49 AM, RichardColeman said:

Something awfully wrong with the Thai legal system, that you can be convicted, sentenced and then allowed out on bail to appeal a turned down appeal to me.

I think it was a couple of years ago a guy shot and killed while he was out on bail of a murder conviction. At the time I wondered how on earth can someone get bail on a murder conviction? TIT.

On 3/26/2021 at 2:39 AM, chilli42 said:

In the case of Kamnan Pho ... he was for certain in jail.  A very comfortable jail but jail non the less.  

Nonsense. He was often seen being driven around Bang Saen and other parts of Chonburi.