Village why loud music everyday 06:00 am

DJ54

15 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

If you would care to read my previous posts you will see that I have 21 years experience of living in Issan villages.

The people that I have met, the students that I have taught, the neighbours and family that I have lived amongst have had a very good knowledge of Thai. Both written and spoken.

I fully understand that you have an issue with me. I know you outed me and this username to a member of another forum.

Don't let your personal disdain remove you from reality. On person not reading Thai well or one village where literacy may be below average does not constitute " most" of the village population and certainly does not support a comment that "nobody can read it"

I am more than happy to direct you to a hundred or more villages local to you, both Khmer and Lao in heritage, where you can go and experience the residents reading and speaking Thai for yourself.

Good to see that you are keeping your tendency to sneer within limits. And no, I wouldn't care to read anything written by you.

On 3/28/2021 at 1:36 PM, Surelynot said:

Read the title and just laughed.......move out of our Thai village in Isan because of the constant, deafening noise, five day weddings, five day funerals, temple loudspeaker, Village boss loudspeaker, packs of dogs up to 20 strong........... we not now live in the serenely quiet, centre of Bangkok.

I used to live on 29th Street & 3rd avenue in Manhattan, with a fire house two buildings over.  'Twas more quiet and peaceful there than most moo baans in Isaan that I've slept overnight in ....

• Like 1

I have the same issue... I get about one hour of sunrise peace with my coffee I live about 400 meters from the dam tower and the leader's (pu yai baan) house. And it does sound like an auction yard at times. To be fair, it comes and goes and is not everyday. The wife tells me it for any number of reasons, farm report, weather report, cows out down the street, the school principle is doing a fundraiser bike tour, etc. etc. I suspect the music part is preference on the individual leader and for how long. I get no more than about 3-5 minutes of music with about 10-20 minutes of announcements... again not every day. 

5 minutes ago, Freeduhdum said:

I have the same issue... I get about one hour of sunrise peace with my coffee I live about 400 meters from the dam tower and the leader's (pu yai baan) house. And it does sound like an auction yard at times. To be fair, it comes and goes and is not everyday. The wife tells me it for any number of reasons, farm report, weather report, cows out down the street, the school principle is doing a fundraiser bike tour, etc. etc. I suspect the music part is preference on the individual leader and for how long. I get no more than about 3-5 minutes of music with about 10-20 minutes of announcements... again not every day. 

Drove me mad......I guess when you are brought up in that environment you don't even think about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Drove me mad......I guess when you are brought up in that environment you don't even think about it.

That's exactly right. When we first moved onto the land I said to my wife, how do handle that loud a&^* music ha ha!! She said I don't even listen, but do listen sometimes when it is something interesting or important. 

3 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

They tell you/ Please khun farang, make a donation.

You will hear this sound until you pay up.

Lol. Good one. I am pretty sure they did point that speaker right at my house for the first year... I just started going over to her house, she a small market, to buy stuff and practice my Thai, so they can see me and get a laugh. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Freeduhdum said:

That's exactly right. When we first moved onto the land I said to my wife, how do handle that loud a&^* music ha ha!! She said I don't even listen, but do listen sometimes when it is something interesting or important. 

My first week in the village...... funeral about 100m away......Jeezzz what a racket...5 ßloody days....enough to wake the dead.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Freeduhdum said:

Lol. Good one. I am pretty sure they did point that speaker right at my house for the first year... I just started going over to her house, she a small market, to buy stuff and practice my Thai, so they can see me and get a laugh. 

Didn't a guy shin up and take the speaker down next to his house.........last year?........The full weight of the law came down on him......

On 3/28/2021 at 9:17 PM, Pilotman said:

OP, why does it happen?  It happens, as with many things here, because you are living in a society of socially immature people, with the attitudes and social/emotional empathy and intelligence of a population of teenagers. Sometimes its endearing, often it's irritating, but It is what it is. 

Rather like how the British colonialism described Africans and just as racist.

On 4/6/2021 at 12:05 PM, brian stoner said:

When we go to my wife's village (60km north of the city) I often encounter the noise that others here mentioned. Someone with a house that looks like it's ready to fall over, unpainted for years, no grass, chickens scratching around....BUT they have a PA with 4 bass-bins, 4 mids and 4 tweeter boxes, and they crank it to 11 at 5:30 or 6am, blasting out luk-tung and the occasional ramble.  Lord, they LOVE to hear themselves on a PA.   

In the city, my house is in a pretty quiet mu bahn. With the exception of the occasional wedding or graduation-street party, there's not really a noise problem from WITHIN the mu bahn. HOWEVER, what is amazing are two bars...one about 500 yards to the left of the place and another about that distance straight away to the front.    The noise that comes from these bars is ridiculous, and on weekend nights they play their PAs until 2am. For all their emphasis on kindness to others, at times the Thais can be incredibly, mindlessly inconsiderate.

2am is cool..at weekend. As long as it is consistent.

On 3/30/2021 at 1:44 PM, Surelynot said:

Sat by the pool yesterday.....Thai family of four arrive......it is spa pool....no food/drink/music/shouting etc......set up next to us......bluetooth speaker out, phones onto loudspeaker, drinks, food........then start to shout to each other from one end of the pool to the other......my Thai wife pointed out to them no noise.......they got very angry...said they weren't making any noise.....and anyway they paid rent to live here and would make as much noise as they wanted.............How can people be so selfish????

Russian style

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

There is no need for any PA system.  There is a need for public announcements. Radio is the answer. That being said the noise from transistor radios in rural India in the 70s, given away as part of a vasectomy campaign was horrendous.

Historically, it’s not Thai culture.

You can blame the CIA for this, when Thailand had a communist uprising this was one of the CIA lead initiatives.  PA systems in every village and announcements designed to promote nationalism and a sense of belonging to a proud nation.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Historically, it’s not Thai culture.

You can blame the CIA for this, when Thailand had a communist uprising this was one of the CIA lead initiatives.  PA systems in every village and announcements designed to promote nationalism and a sense of belonging to a proud nation.

See! this is why thais hate farang! ???? 555

I think we can all remember where we all were when we first expd the 6am loud speakers--or the temple monks ringing the bells..the blown speaker karaoke parties

who wants to drink and be quiet??  not me.

drink, loud music is like a calling to the girls to come and drink.....like a mating ritual.  or a father/son thing

talking is prohibited, so music must be as loud as possible.

this is why you can live in Thailand for 30-years and really have no clue about their culture. you must be raised in the mooooo baaaan to really understand.

dogs protect the gold and keep the spirits out.......and more drinking means more drinking.......

i just went into the Amazon jungle and yelled a guy holding a spear, "What is the wifi password!!!!!!!!!!"

falangs no home.......ok, u no home....

On 3/28/2021 at 9:17 PM, Pilotman said:

OP, why does it happen?  It happens, as with many things here, because you are living in a society of socially immature people, with the attitudes and social/emotional empathy and intelligence of a population of teenagers. Sometimes its endearing, often it's irritating, but It is what it is. 

Post of the year ????????????

• Thanks 1