Village why loud music everyday 06:00 am

DJ54

On 3/28/2021 at 7:46 AM, Ventenio said:

you come Thailand ... embrace culture!!  now complain???

i like night music same bass......five hours, very loud.... boom, boom, boom....

they are drinking and having fun, why be upset?

you want quiet?  in home country it expensive but very quiet

so i say i want not same, not same....  boom, boom, boom.. not same

100000000000000 dogs even better not same

roosters the best.  and cats.  and everything

I notice the loud music has destroyed your brain cells ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/28/2021 at 1:36 PM, Surelynot said:

Read the title and just laughed.......move out of our Thai village in Isan because of the constant, deafening noise, five day weddings, five day funerals, temple loudspeaker, Village boss loudspeaker, packs of dogs up to 20 strong........... we not now live in the serenely quiet, centre of Bangkok.

i can sympathize with u on this one i used to live in Paris near a busy railway station .. but the noise is nothing compared to living in my village  5..6 am every morning  dogs..monks chanting ..village headman on the speakers  .. publicity  and what seems to be never ending funerals....o used to be up at 6 am most of my working life and looked forward to the day i could just roll over in bed and get up when i wanted Never going to happen I'm up even earlier Ha ..must admit i love my village life...better if someone stole those Bloody loudspeakers lol  

11 hours ago, Aomelia said:

You didn’t see those speakers when moving in avoid speak and Temples

Unfortunately not.. the house next door was a roof and 4 pillars for first 4 years..  then their front porch is where our master bedroom... has tall thick plants along the wall.. which 

helps keep noise down and a lot of dust in house..

but looked out pne day Papa was moving these 4 year old

planys like 7+ feet tall.. anyway.. 

23 hours ago, millymoopoo said:

Simple solution, as the speakers are usually below the electricity wires, just get a ladder, a pair of side cutters or scissors and cut the wires going to the speakers (not the wires continuing on to the next pole or from the previous pole), you can't get electrocuted as there is no voltage on the wires if the speakers aren't functioning, and even if they were it's only 100v max but less than 1 amp.

Or even pay a few baht to a local youngster to climb up and cut them.

If you just cut the speaker wires only, the next speaker further down the road and the previous one up the road will still work, most likely no one will notice the speakers near you aren't working, but it will be quieter.

Too obvious. Banging a nail in so that the wires are short circuited would take longer to find and fix.

Not that I'd advise anyone to do anything illegal of course, who, me?

• Haha 2

On 4/10/2021 at 4:18 AM, thasoss said:

A quiet thai village is an oxymoron.Thai's handle noise easy unlike westerners,Back home we have 'noise levels' and can complain to the local authorities....not here...just have to come to terms with it.

Incorrect. There are laws in Thailand too.

An inconsiderate member of our village was akin to playing very loud music. My wife complained to the village headman. He told the perpetrator to stop but the guy did not listen. Next was the local sub district office. They came out and issued a warning. The guy still did not listen. So, my wife and neighbour took a copy of the notice issued by sub district to the police.

The guy was handed a legal notice of what was acceptable. Also listed was fine amounts. 1000 baht each time and scaling up with persistent offending each time he was reported with recordings, easily made on a smart phone. Signed by all involved. Silence followed.

Meanwhile, on a different thread on the same forum, we read lines like " I'm glad I left the UK. It's being taken over by immigrants who want to change our culture". LOL.

Other than the example I have mentioned above, which had nothing to do with local radio, a wedding, funeral, ordination or house warming ( just a pain in the a%$@ that thought is was OK to blare music out at a whim) I don't see the problems with people celebrating. The examples I have seen have been well received by the locals. It's just party time. Shame on the  miserable farang that wants to change it just because he feels they are being selfish.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, puchooay said:

An inconsiderate member of our village was akin to playing very loud music. My wife complained to the village headman. He told the perpetrator to stop but the guy did not listen. Next was the local sub district office. They came out and issued a warning. The guy still did not listen. So, my wife and neighbour took a copy of the notice issued by sub district to the police.

The guy was handed a legal notice of what was acceptable. Also listed was fine amounts. 1000 baht each time and scaling up with persistent offending each time he was reported with recordings, easily made on a smart phone. Signed by all involved. Silence followed.

that's good  to know.

5 hours ago, cooked said:

Too obvious. Banging a nail in so that the wires are short circuited would take longer to find and fix.

Ah but the nail would short circuit all the speakers, not just the one on that pole, guaranteeing that someone would eventually find it and fix it, whereas if just 1 of say 20 speakers in the village was not working any more, maybe they'd never bother looking.!

On 4/6/2021 at 1:52 PM, AlfHuy said:

They tell you/ Please khun farang, make a donation.

You will hear this sound until you pay up.

Similar to a school I was at when I lived in Minburi that had a fundraiser...they played a Justin Bieber song over and over and over and people had to donate money to buy a temporary 'stoppage' of the music...like 100baht got you 5 minutes of silence...then it would start again...  lol

Edited by brian stoner
typo
  • Haha 1

On 4/18/2021 at 10:21 AM, Farma said:

Lately there's been a lot of covid information being spread over the village loud speakers. 

But how accurate is it? 

My wife mentioned the other day that there was a bunch of info-mercials making the rounds on Thai FB and Line that 'ginseng' can, if not exactly CURE covid, at least provide enough relief to help the body heal itself. Reminds me of when I taught in Korea, one of my students was a pharmacist, one of the first in the country to be certified in both 'modern, Western' medicine and traditional Korean medicine,  which has, (believe it or not) an incredibly rigorous, years-long course of study leading to actual licensure in that field. So if any of us at the school got sick, we'd go see 'April' and she'd dose us with a hot ginseng/tea drink. You felt a flush all over, then went home and crawled into bed, but usually the next day, you actually felt a good bit better!

On 4/9/2021 at 2:57 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

2am is cool..at weekend. As long as it is consistent.

That's where I have to disagree,  if I am allowed.  2am is fine if you're IN THE BAR, because then it is YOUR CHOICE. But if I live 200 yards away, and want to go to bed at an earlier hour.  I don't believe it is "fine" for their music to still be SO LOUD that it penetrates my front windows, across the porch then through the BEDROOM double-paned glass doors and drapes and STILL is loud enough for me to hear the melody and key changes of the bass.  This was going on when my daughter was an infant, and who did NOT want to stay up till 2am, but I guess that is not a concern of anyone who seeks to be perceived as PC above reality.

On 4/20/2021 at 4:42 PM, brian stoner said:

That's where I have to disagree,  if I am allowed.  2am is fine if you're IN THE BAR, because then it is YOUR CHOICE. But if I live 200 yards away, and want to go to bed at an earlier hour.  I don't believe it is "fine" for their music to still be SO LOUD that it penetrates my front windows, across the porch then through the BEDROOM double-paned glass doors and drapes and STILL is loud enough for me to hear the melody and key changes of the bass.  This was going on when my daughter was an infant, and who did NOT want to stay up till 2am, but I guess that is not a concern of anyone who seeks to be perceived as PC above reality.

The issue for me is not knowing  when music will stop and start. If it consistently stops at the same time every night that is a source of relief.  It's ironic that Pattaya life seems quieter than village life. Presumably due to covid you have not had many problems recently? When you decided to move to your present  home did you know about the noisy club?

How could you settle down not even knowing of the sound(s) in the morning? 

When grandma farts and grandpa shouts, ya know that speakers must be loud.

Shakespeare

Ever heard of Ohropax or similar? 

Others are already awake and ready to go to the rice fields. 

Edited by Covedian21

On 3/28/2021 at 7:51 AM, bkk6060 said:

6am yes.  Time to wake up dance and enjoy your life here!

Memories of Butlins when I was a kid!

What always amuses me is how Madam Moon always manages to precis about 10 minutes of Phu Ya Ban's diatribe into around 10 words!

On 4/11/2021 at 12:24 PM, puchooay said:

Meanwhile, on a different thread on the same forum, we read lines like " I'm glad I left the UK. It's being taken over by immigrants who want to change our culture". LOL.

Other than the example I have mentioned above, which had nothing to do with local radio, a wedding, funeral, ordination or house warming ( just a pain in the a%$@ that thought is was OK to blare music out at a whim) I don't see the problems with people celebrating. The examples I have seen have been well received by the locals. It's just party time. Shame on the  miserable farang that wants to change it just because he feels they are being selfish.

So true complaining about how immigrants want to change their culture back home meanwhile imposing their views and ideas upon the locals here. Bwana knows best ????

• 2 weeks later...

In our village I think it's the village head in the morning. I have noticed that there aren't any speakers close to his house although that may be due to issues with feedback but it does mean he doesn't have to put up with it as loud as those further away.

On 4/11/2021 at 6:15 AM, puchooay said:

That's interesting. The only problem for us with loud music other than the village head in the morning is that a lot comes from the house of a policeman so there may be issues with stooping him.

Just now, kimamey said:

That's interesting. The only problem for us with loud music other than the village head in the morning is that a lot comes from the house of a policeman so there may be issues with stooping him.

Noise cancelling earphones are your only option....believe me.

Just now, Surelynot said:

Noise cancelling earphones are your only option....believe me.

Well I do have those but I won't hear the wife telling me what to do. It would invlove less risk going to punch the policeman and telling him where to stick his power plug to be honest.

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2021 at 10:42 AM, brian stoner said:

I've often wondered what effect it has on education when there's loud music into the early hours when the next day is a school day.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2021 at 6:22 AM, DJ54 said:

Why does the village broadcast loud music followed by what sounds like sales at the outdoor market.

It's a wake-up call to make sure you don't miss the best part of the day.

Arise at dawn, go for a walk, do some work around the house or in the garden while it's cool.

Then back to bed for an air-conned nap at mid-day when it gets too hot to do anything else.

• Like 1