Thai tourism industry to focus on safety, cleanliness, sustainability and not taking advantage of tourists

webfact

59 minutes ago, Aarin said:

Better start by looking at the prices the hotels in Bangkok are charging fur quarantine. The room is a double room but they charging per person. So instead of me and my wife paying  30.000 for the room you must pay 60.000.Its a disgrace and they will continue to Rip off the farangs until irs too late and Vietnam and Philippines are going to reap the rewards

I’m not saying you’re completely wrong and not denying it’s expensive, but don’t forget that included in the price are all the tests etc. I agree that the price shouldn’t be a straight double though.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

More pie in the sky... telling Thais not to take advantage of tourists is pretty imaginative though, perhaps the government would do better to try seriously to resolve the societal (psychological) problems which create the lying, cheating and stealing which exist out there in population land.

In the meantime, jam tomorrow. By which time the population will likely have forgotten what jam is.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 2

Thailand's wanting to get into a "4 step program"...1. "“We admit  we are powerless over greed and that our incomes had become untenable.” maybe rebranding? Easier.... hmm who in neighborhood already doing those steps? Ah, yes, new name "Singapoor"...

2 hours ago, gunderhill said:

Cobblers about  ripping people  off, Wife was  just back from James  Bond Island, all the boats on the main pier wanted 2000 baht she told them it was  too  much, none would  budge from their  little  cartel so her and her friends went down a  bit and asked another guy on his own away from  the main pier  cartel. 1500  baht, off they went.

Next shop on the Facebook sites.  We got ours for 1200.

• Haha 1

i do think that, at the upper ministerial levels, that’s truly the goal ... and with the (assumably) handpicked data that’s given to them, i’m also sure it’s seen as a very doable and attainable goal ..

but... i simply think that there isn’t enough true transparency and accountability for real actions to be taken and (most importantly) a sustainable plan implemented at the local “boots-on-the-ground” level.

To be fair, Thailand is by by no means the only country where is say this applies ... but i do think that it tends to be pervasive here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sahibji said:

Not taking advantage of tourists is more easily said than done. Usually it starts right from the taxi that picks you up from the airport and ends only when you are back in the plane for your flight home.

It can start with the immigration before you get in a Taxi

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Must be typo... Should be:

Thai tourism industry not to focus on safety, cleanliness, sustainability, but to taking advantage of tourists

Edited by mran66
  • Haha 2

In a Fish restaurant Chiang Mai id just used their toilet before eating with the Thai in-laws.As I'd just emptied my bowels I came back to the table and kindly asked if they had some soap to much laughter from waitress and in-laws.After a 10 min search she came back with a bar of soap on a plate like she was presenting me with a bar of gold to more laughs from everyone eating at tables.Anyway a couple year later my Thai g/f says you remember you asked for soap that restaurant.Yes I replied.She says that was the soap for the dog..haha..cleanliness in not in their DNA.

• Haha 1

one good start would be to scrap the double tier price, we have a lot of guests from abroad, but when they ask me about places to go and visit, I am consequently refusing to show those places with the infamous double pricing, when will the Thais understand it is ruining their tourist industry in the long term, tourists are only coming to visit the beaches, they will very seldom visit e.g. parks and discover that khun Thais pay 30 bht but they have to pay 300bht

• Like 2