Anyone get their thai tax refund yet?

Apparently there's a massive backlog this year, someone who knows someone who processes the applications at the tax office told me this.

Something to do with allowing people to file paperwork later than usual resulting in the backlog.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mls said:

Need to do mine but can't remember what paperwork is required.

just visit the banks that withheld taxes on intetest.  Then go to a revenue office.  They will do it for you.  assuming you have a taxpayer id, if not, you may have to go to your specific location.  I had a yellow book...I would think some kind of proof of address would work.  I have filed in three different offices, and all of them were po!ite and friendly (IOW, not like IO)Don't incriminate  yourself.

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Susco said:

Reminds me that I also have to file one. What is the deadline?

Tomorrow..... Well it used to be 31st March but I think extended because of Covid? Or you just pay 100 baht fine for late filing from memory.

Filed in January at the same time as my 90 day reporting....and surprisingly got it back about 2 weeks ago. I didn,t file a claim last year,but i did the year before and that year it took 5 months plus 2 reminders from me on my 90 day reporting days..things have improved ????  (Jomtien)

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2021 at 6:36 PM, moontang said:

I filed about 6 weeks ago...havent got my slip to take to KTB, yet.  Anyone get theirs?

Not yet, delayed this year for some reason.  Last year I filed and got the refund in a week.  This year, over a month and counting.

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2021 at 2:50 PM, topt said:

Tomorrow..... Well it used to be 31st March but I think extended because of Covid? Or you just pay 100 baht fine for late filing from memory.

Went there today, but office was packed, was told deadline this year is 30 June

• Thanks 1