permanent resident

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I can assure you it is not done. It certainly does not mention permanent residency in the act.

Correct, permanent residency isn't mentioned, thus what I marked in yellow does apply, the child is Thai by birth.

How many cases of two people with permanent residency who had a child, and the child was denied permanent residency do you know, to be able to "assure" me that it isn't done?

@tomazbodner
Said on the previous page that he knows cases where the child got Thai citizenship.

45 minutes ago, jackdd said:

How many cases of two people with permanent residency who had a child, and the child was denied permanent residency do you know, to be able to "assure" me that it isn't done?

I am not aware of any. I can assure it would not be simple matter of registering the birth at a Amphoe and getting Thai nationality. It would have to a application done and sent to the interior ministry for approval.

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

A quick google search comes up with 2-3 sites that say the same

image.png

This is not true twice: 1. A child born in Thailand to 2 non Thai citizens is definitely NOT granted a Thai citizenship, and I know many such children. 

2. A child born out of Thailand to 1 parent who is a Thai citizen is granted a Thai citizenship as soon as the parent register him/ her at the Thai embassy, no need to wait until age of majority, and again - I know several such children. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jayboy said:

There is no such requirement, hence my question to the original poster.

Incidentally I'm impressed by your record at the autogates.I've only used them a few times with a success record of 50% or so.I eventually twigged that given the frequent technical difficulties (maybe solved now) with autogates I actually wasn't losing any time by using the normal immigration desks.I've always managed to get rapidly through immigration by joining the shortest queue - even the diplomatic one.Nobody seems to mind.

If there's an immigration officer hanging around in the 'waiting' lines area, just hold up your 'Certificate of Residency' book (PR book), there's a good chance (no guarantee) the officer will take you to a faster passport line/desk.

On one entry my Thai son (Thai passport, then about 22 years old) was with me.

We lined up at a standard Thai passport line, an officer came over, I showed my PR book and the officer with over the top courtesy, took my son and myself to the supervisors desk where both of our passports were stamped. Another officer carried our cabin bags to the entry to the next section.

My son thought it was the funniest thing ever and told all his friends. 

1 hour ago, LukKrueng said:

This is not true twice: 1. A child born in Thailand to 2 non Thai citizens is definitely NOT granted a Thai citizenship, and I know many such children. 

2. A child born out of Thailand to 1 parent who is a Thai citizen is granted a Thai citizenship as soon as the parent register him/ her at the Thai embassy, no need to wait until age of majority, and again - I know several such children. 

Yes, I'm sure you are correct, I as just showing that a google search brings up contrary information.

On 3/30/2021 at 10:52 AM, Delight said:

If you google

'permanent residence Thailand 2021'

Then you will get your answer.

In general terms the Thai government are only interested in young people. They want young entrepreneurs.

All applicants must be able to speak and understand  the  Thai  language.

I believe(but not 100% sure) that if this status is granted then you lose  your birth nationality.

This in turn will mean you will lose your state pension-if applicable

Your last paragraph is absolutely incorrect. A PR Permit does not affect your nationality. Even getting naturalized in Thailand does not automatically result in a loss of present nationality. Admittedly, I believe that the Thai authorities require  an intentional declaration of renouncing present nationality, which is sent to the concerned Embassy/Consulate, but it is up to the applicant to do so, once he gets naturalized.

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

Correct, permanent residency isn't mentioned, thus what I marked in yellow does apply, the child is Thai by birth.

@tomazbodner
Said on the previous page that he knows cases where the child got Thai citizenship.

Yes, I know of several Indians aged in their 30's to early 40's now that got Thai citizenship at birth when both parents were Thai PR holders. I do not know exact procedure how it was done. I can ask but it may take some time to get response as I do not have communication channel to their parents.

7 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Yes, I know of several Indians aged in their 30's to early 40's now that got Thai citizenship at birth when both parents were Thai PR holders. I do not know exact procedure how it was done. I can ask but it may take some time to get response as I do not have communication channel to their parents.

And it's quite possible the parents don't want to answer any questions.

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

If there's an immigration officer hanging around in the 'waiting' lines area, just hold up your 'Certificate of Residency' book (PR book), there's a good chance (no guarantee) the officer will take you to a faster passport line/desk.

Yes, I've also had that experience.The busy immigration officials monitoring the lines of the jet-lagged always seem to be particularly helpful in guiding PRs to the best desk for a quick exit.

• Like 1