"Vaccinations must be administered within three months of the travel period"? July trip to Phuket

I'm planning a trip to Phuket in July. The news that vaccinated travelers may not have to quarantine is obviously very welcome.

However, in the news story "Thailand to cut quarantine for vaccinated foreigners to 7 days from April", it says:

Vaccinations must be administered within three months of the travel period and visitors will still be required to show negative COVID-19 test results within three days of their departure, Anutin Charnvirankul told a news conference.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1208715-thailand-to-cut-quarantine-for-vaccinated-foreigners-to-7-days-from-april/

Does anyone know if the "3 month" rule will apply to the reopening of Phuket? I had my second shot in February, so I would be unhappy about missing out because I was vaccinated too soon.

In answer to your question, I do not think anyone knows what the rules on this will be in July. By then, there will be more data on the longevity of protection from the vaccines. That will likely have a significant impact on the policy at that time.

• Like 2

That will be a hard requirement to police. Some one vaccinated today, may not be able to get travel permission or flights for many months.

Probably wont be able to get a covid test if you have been inoculated.

What does it mean.... must be administered within 3 months of the travel period... ? ... Vaccination must be done shortly before your departure. If you get vaccinated now and you flight is in December it won't be valid?