Thailand to cut quarantine for vaccinated foreigners to 7 days from April

Jonathan Fairfield

4 minutes ago, damascase said:

Starting April 1, I assume.........????

Just saw a different take in a Thai newspaper: ‘Shorter quarantine for vaccinated arrivals possibly from October’.  But even that is nothing more than a proposal. So, don’t hold your breath!

Edited by damascase
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, kimamey said:

This sounds like good news but I wonder how this will work for me as a UK citizen where the second injection can be up to 12 weeks after the first. My first one was on the 11th February  my second should be before 6th May although it will probably be in the few days before. Hopefully this will work out OK for me but it could end up being a bit tight if they count from the first injection. That wouldn't make much sense but that doesn't mean that's not how it will work.

It should be both dates, but the 2nd dose supposedly fully kicks in after 28 days after that injection.

Where am I, our status becomes a Star after 28 days of the 2nd dose

But who knows what will happen

• Like 1

This is the next logical step.  I saw this coming while in quarantine.  The most likely incubation period after infection is 2 to 5 days.  So a test on day 5 or 6 is will probably yield an accurate test result.  I see a possibility of quarantine being cut to 10 days for those who are not vaccinated.  However I do not see the completion elimination of quarantine at least for this year.  

Trying to understand the logic of 7 days quarantine if vaccinated and only 3 days longer if not. I'm waiting for my shots in March/April and was hoping to take the bus from the airport to my place in Hua Hin.

Oh well, next step is which visa - Retirement, STV or Tourist as wish to stay at least six months. I resent medical insurance impost, given I get free travel insurance so thinking about Tourist visa, get married and convert ????

Does anyone know if you can you do a visa run these days to Laos ????

Edited by Donga

2 minutes ago, fangless said:

How are governments etc going to "prove" you have been fully vaccinated?

Time to get the colour laser printer/barcode/QR code reader and laminator ready.  Especially now that all the copy shops (ID Cards etc) in KSR and elsewhere in Thailand have closed.

Where I am all residents are logged into the system using an app, that app has last PCR test date, and it includes vaccination data.

The reports can be easily printed off, and them emailed  

We are (Supposedly) fully protected 28 days after the 2nd injection, that when we recive a Start status in the application, which reduces our quarantine if we return from overseas, however we still need to be tested every 7 days to keep our star status

2 minutes ago, OKF said:

By the yellow vacination passports that are around for decades.....

Oh silly me Mr IO, thats my Yellow book for my residence, I thought it was my yellow vaccination booklet, let me get that for you......

• Haha 2

Just now, OKF said:

By the yellow vacination passports that are around for decades.....

And easily copied.

Not that I have seen any Yellow etc in use in Europe etc for a very long time.

• Like 1